Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL Aero bumper and side - Big thank you

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:18 PM
burunet

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking new IPL Aero bumper and sides install - Big thank you

First and foremost I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their posts and big help with my project. Also a big thank you to James from OC Infiniti.I finally installed my new IPL bumper and sides with the help of the 170 or so posts. I am still not sure about the fogs, will decide later.

Just want to share the appreciation of another satisfied customer with some quick cell phone pics. Will take better pics once I have the car all clean.

Next upgrade will be the wheels but I cannot decide between square 19x9.5 stance (they're almost as concave as the 20x10 ) or vossen 20x9F and 20x10.5R
Attached Thumbnails IPL Aero bumper and side - Big thank you-20120525_115247.jpg   IPL Aero bumper and side - Big thank you-20120525_115301.jpg   IPL Aero bumper and side - Big thank you-20120525_115237.jpg  

Last edited by burunet; 05-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
StigsG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great! I too went through James at OC Infiniti! Great service! In my personal opinion Stance and Vossen are sooooo over done on the G, some nice bronze or Mag blue Volk RE30's would look great, there are so many other wheel options, but to each their own, at the end of the day it's what makes you happy lol keep up the good work!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clean!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 PM
thedeadking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean install. I have a brand new OB IPL bumper I'm trying to sell currently.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Looks great man. Like you, I have the blues late and I'm debating on whether I should leave the fog rings chrome or make them black or try black chrome. I'm leaning towards black chrome because unfortunately with the blue slate I don't think it pulls off black accessories very well for some reason so I'm at a loss with the headlights and grille and fog trim.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
burunet

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Looks great man. Like you, I have the blues late and I'm debating on whether I should leave the fog rings chrome or make them black or try black chrome. I'm leaning towards black chrome because unfortunately with the blue slate I don't think it pulls off black accessories very well for some reason so I'm at a loss with the headlights and grille and fog trim.
Thank you all. I agree with you TwoThree, black accessories do not really go with blue slate. I really think the grill done black chrome but with outside lining left as chrome would really match up with the chrome fog rings, especially with silver machined wheels with Chrome Stainless Steel Lip. At least that is the way I am leaning.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Same here, I'm a fan of the Vossens as far as wheels go, I'm not sure what I want, thinking about the CV2s but whatever I get it has to be machined faces like you said.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:22 PM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Your ride looks great. I agree Vossens are all over this forum but Im running CV2's and have yet to see another G in my area with ANY vossens. I know they are around in Dallas but havent seen one yet
Question on the IPL side skirts, Do you know if they are lower to the ground then stocks?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM
burunet

Originally Posted by dagon68
Your ride looks great. I agree Vossens are all over this forum but Im running CV2's and have yet to see another G in my area with ANY vossens. I know they are around in Dallas but havent seen one yet
Question on the IPL side skirts, Do you know if they are lower to the ground then stocks?
Thank you. I know they're all over the forum, but the way I look at it is that there are only a handful of G owners in all of North America that actually go on this forum and they would actually be enthusuasts like us, so I don't see them a popular choice for the masses. I am in Toronto and so far only saw one black g37 with graphite CV3s in the past yea. Regarding the height, it is ever so slightly lower, the only thing is that they stick out to the side more. The first few time I kep on hitting them with my shoe while getting out of the car. But after a few times you'd get used to it.

If you don't mind me asking dagon, I see in your sig that you have 20x9.5 on the front. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the 9.5s.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by burunet
Thank you. I know they're all over the forum, but the way I look at it is that there are only a handful of G owners in all of North America that actually go on this forum and they would actually be enthusuasts like us, so I don't see them a popular choice for the masses. I am in Toronto and so far only saw one black g37 with graphite CV3s in the past yea. Regarding the height, it is ever so slightly lower, the only thing is that they stick out to the side more. The first few time I kep on hitting them with my shoe while getting out of the car. But after a few times you'd get used to it.

If you don't mind me asking dagon, I see in your sig that you have 20x9.5 on the front. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the 9.5s.

Its wrong, I am sure he meant 9.0
Old 05-25-2012, 09:34 PM
jagautomotivenc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you mind sharing what you paid?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Miikey01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Part numbers please??? with foglights, lower grills, washer fluid tank, and pigtail, and side skirts
Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 AM
burunet

Originally Posted by jagautomotivenc
Would you mind sharing what you paid?

NP, $900 for bumper and sides shipped to Toronto, but I had to take care of my own brokerage... a bit of a headache but well worth it in savings....
Old 05-26-2012, 12:51 AM
burunet

Originally Posted by Miikey01
Part numbers please??? with foglights, lower grills, washer fluid tank, and pigtail, and side skirts
I don't remember all part numbers, if read through the IPL bumper swap it's somewhere there...I think around page 70ish.....the lower grill is part of the entire bumper...
Old 05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
burunet

Originally Posted by P Casey
Its wrong, I am sure he meant 9.0
that's what I thought P Casey

Quick Reply: IPL Aero bumper and side - Big thank you