Infiniti are you seeing this!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:38 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Infiniti are you seeing this!!

Hey guys,

I really hope that the next Gen G has this setup!! We all know the next Gen G will be almost $50K loaded. So they better step up the game!

Automotive manufacturers are continually trying to make their cars appealing to the masses and one popular way of doing this is by offering programs which allow customers to individualize their cars to not only make them more valuable, but to also make them perfectly suited to whatever paces the owners plan to put them through. High end cars can be optioned with different kinds of leathers, carpets, and even stereo systems, but we’ve yet to see custom instrument panels being offered, until now. As part of the BMW 5-series ’ fairly large update released recently, the German brand is offering an option where all 5-series cars can be optioned out with a 10.25-inch LCD coming standard with Black Panel technology to make it as real as possible, by adding super-deep and crisp blacks. The action however, kicks off as the driver can choose out of four different displays, where the information on the instrument panel changes as does the color, such as those backing the speedometer and tachometer. The familiar BMW set-up comes standard, while the three remaining options are dubbed Comfort, Eco Pro, and Sport and each have their own customized functions with the Eco Pro set up displaying how efficiently the car is being driven, similar to other instrument panels fitted to hybrid and electric cars. In a similar vein, while in Sport mode, the speed and gear selected in the car are featured prominently to help minimize the time the driver’s eyes are looking down, by displaying them through large numeric figures. No details have been released about how much this optional extra will set prospecting buyers back, but $1000 - $2000 wouldn’t be out of the question. New BMW 5-Series allows owners to customize instrument panel originally appeared on topspeed.com on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 09:00 EST.

read mo New BMW 5-Series allows owners to customize instrument panel - Top Speed
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well IMO I think the G series is just going to be the same. Now if Infiniti decides to keep the IPL brand then I believe they are going to make it around 50-60k with probably a small turbo. Kind of like how the Juke-R uses the 09 GT-R engine with 450 HP. The IPL G is probably going to have 450 HP.

Long as its in the 50-60K range. Don't make it higher cause it would compete against the GT-R and most people will buy a GT-R instead of a IPL G
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
I think it's a cool idea, but a 10.25" screen? I would think that would look a little awkward in the dash area with it being so big.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Do you know what a loaded BMW 5 Series costs? Would YOU pay $1k -$2K for this?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Infiniti isn't going after 5-series buyers with the G37. They are going after the 3-series and Mercedes C class buyers so I don't think they will go that route with these cars although there was talk on the net about a 500+ HP G sedan in the works! Now that is going to be sick!!! Hope they do it.

Check out the car that West Coast customs did with Microsoft...maybe something that can be incorporated into the next G vehicles. The display!

Microsoft Customizes a Mustang: Project Detroit - YouTube
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Loaded 550i is about $77K at MSRP. I'm into Tech stuff so adding that option for $2K I would buy it! They build something like that into the Tech Package!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 PM
bocifus715

If you're already at $77k, whats another 1 or 2k??
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
EH. . I dont like it anyway, Looks kinda video gameish to me..
Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

idk why infiniti is slow to make the g37 catch up to the technology market, but i can tell you they certainly didnt spare anything when they designed the new JX

here is what a friend had to say about it:
-There is not longer a front facing laser sensor, with a glass piece that would often chip or get dirty. There is a millimeter wave detection unit that is mounted behind the bumper on the right side of the vehicle. The best way to describe what this unit does it to use a dopplar radar dome as an example. This system now works four systems through one unit. There are three safety systems that make up a fair chunk of the Safety Shield functions and the Intelligent Cruise that they have been using for a decade now.

-There is a telematics control unit, similar to the one in the NV line of trucks but this one is used more like OnStar. There is a website for owners to log into that allow for updates in news, sports, stocks and integration of your google calendar right to the vehicles navigation unit. A function of this system adds a feature called Infiniti Connect which uses IVR and a cellular device in the car to contact a service that can expand on the above mentioned features as well as an option for a personal assistant that can make hotel and restaurant reservations or (oddly enough) order you tickets to events.

-One of my favorite features on this car is a feature called valet alert. When activated this feature texts the owner when the vehicle is moved beyond a .2 mile radius of the location where it was activated. There is also a drive zone that can be monitored remotely and the owner alerted if the vehicle is driven beyond a certain point. Now I was unable to test this feature since we were unable to drive the test units at the training facility to see how this works, but on paper it looks pretty wild

-Remote start is now a part of the premium package...finally

-The JX also have 10 sonar sensors that alert the driver when an object is moving around the vehicle when the camera is activated. You may have seen the commercial with the Backup Collision Intervention feature...it works. It is pretty wild to see that not only can you see what is outside of the vehicle but now if you miss something the sonar units for the Blindspot Intervention system to "see" what is where in the area directly.

-Someone spent a long time designing the second and third row seats. There is a lever which when pulled up releases the seat bottom, unlocks the back, and allows you to slide the seat forward in one quick motion. This feature works the same with a car seat installed. It makes it a breeze to fit my 6' tall rear in the back of that thing without any issue. The rear seats are pretty smart as well.

-The drivetrain and body are built off a US made Murano, and they went a long way to ensure us that it was not the same Murano many of us remembered from the early '00s. The engine is VQ35 with electric power steering mated to an outgoing cvt (will be updated in the '14 model). The interior is distinctly Infiniti thought, however they did take away the analog clock that has been a staple since the earliest Q.

The biggest issues I foresee is people not knowing how a systems functions, or how a function is supposed to work.

I have already heard a lot of positive things about this vehicle from people in real life and it seems like they may have done something pretty well here.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
GTLAW
Banned

wow

Originally Posted by ImStricken
idk why infiniti is slow to make the g37 catch up to the technology market, but i can tell you they certainly didnt spare anything when they designed the new JX

Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by ImStricken

Yeah I with you on this but I was told my a lot of people that it's not that easy to put high end technology stuff for cheap. Like it cost a lot of money to put camera on the side of the doors instead of regular side mirrors. If they put all the stuff on the JX on our G it would cost way more that 60K probably and to reduce the cost they probably make a cheaper engine. But on the same boat as you I hope they can find a way to give us to technology stuff for cheap at the same time keep the performance. *crosses finger*
Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by DashKid
Yeah I with you on this but I was told my a lot of people that it's not that easy to put high end technology stuff for cheap. Like it cost a lot of money to put camera on the side of the doors instead of regular side mirrors. If they put all the stuff on the JX on our G it would cost way more that 60K probably and to reduce the cost they probably make a cheaper engine. But on the same boat as you I hope they can find a way to give us to technology stuff for cheap at the same time keep the performance. *crosses finger*
Then why is the JX priced from the low $40's even when equipped with AWD?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Then why is the JX priced from the low $40's even when equipped with AWD?
WHAT???? Really??? I didn't know the JX was priced that low. Hold on checking out the price.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
DashKid
Banned

BB are you sure I just went to edmunds and equipped everything to the JX and it came out to be 60K. Invoice was 54k.

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 Price With Options

Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Starting MSRP around $41K. Obviously higher when loaded, just like any other car.

Quick Reply: Infiniti are you seeing this!!