G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Unimpressive acceleration off the line...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Tonewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
As most do these days, you feel inadequate, and obligated to try to beat them off the line??

Well, at 57 years of age I think those issues are decades behind me. Simply put, I would have expected more from this car.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard the '12's don't have the "funny" trans issues. Maybe that tune is a little softer. Also, the "Camry" driver could be intentionally giving it more gas in an effort to beat you off the line. So, you may be trying to accelerate moderately while the other driver is "punching it".

FWIW, at 25% throttle from a stop most people would think I was trying to race. Not that I feel the G is fast, but it shouldn't hae any trouble with Camry's.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Sedans are extremely quick, exponentially quicker than the coupes. I had the same sentiment as you.

Coupes are stunning to look at but slow. Sedans are not great to look at but amazingly fast...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Tonewheel

Originally Posted by Vasher
I heard the '12's don't have the "funny" trans issues. Maybe that tune is a little softer. Also, the "Camry" driver could be intentionally giving it more gas in an effort to beat you off the line. So, you may be trying to accelerate moderately while the other driver is "punching it".

FWIW, at 25% throttle from a stop most people would think I was trying to race. Not that I feel the G is fast, but it shouldn't hae any trouble with Camry's.
IMO, all Camry drivers are whack...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Likely Bush's fault that your car does not meet your expectations.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonewheel
Well, at 57 years of age I think those issues are decades behind me. Simply put, I would have expected more from this car.
Im a year behind you!!

As the other poster mentioned, that Camry driver is most likely flooring it.
It happens to me al the time.
The G37, is by no means a 1/4 mile car, where you see the performance is mid range/high speed acceleration.

Drive the car, for a while, as if you stole it. You'll notice the engine and transmission adapting to your requirements. When I drive like a grandmother for a while, it wont respond right away. Once I get aggressive, it responds.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Stock yes it is, A tune can change the throttle plate position( I have it in a thread of mine). Plus for the SC, SC+tune+ AWD= Sub 3.5 - 0-60 -- had some fun with a 1200CC bike over the weekend.
Sooooo you're telling me that a simple supercharger + tune makes your car Porsche 911, Bugatti fast?

You have to take that to the track and prove it, sir. LOL
Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
These cars definately adapt to your style of driving. You drive them like a grand mother they act like a grand mother.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:00 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Likely Bush's fault that your car does not meet your expectations.
Love it!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
You never did answer the altitude question either. My cars act very differently in Denver than they do in Vegas or SoCal.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Tazicon
These cars definately adapt to your style of driving. You drive them like a grand mother they act like a grand mother.
Yep! I agree.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Sooooo you're telling me that a simple supercharger + tune makes your car Porsche 911, Bugatti fast?

You have to take that to the track and prove it, sir. LOL

Eh well see, in a few weeks when I get out to the track, The 911 I can comment on( But again not on here .. . Lets just say having 0 wheel spin is VERY NICE, An I would definitly put it in the stock GTR class for sure.

but lets also stay on the topic with the OP, was just say the SC and AWD is very very good,
Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
jsp872

I have a 2011 X Coupe, as far as comparing it to the RWD coupe goes...
although the X coupe is heavier, i feel like they are similar in speed, if not faster...
I'm not trying to start an argument with RWD Coupe drivers,
I base my opinion on a video I saw on youtube, they drove a base '09 X coupe and got a 5.2sec 0-60 time.

I'm just trying to say that an X coupe is no slower then a RWD coupe, that's all.
I would love to race a rwd coupe in a 1/4 mile.

And our car will kill camry's all day, I turn off my VDC, brake torque and let go right when the RPM hit's the limit, and off I go
It will jerk your head backwards pretty hard (in a perfect launch), my passenger seriously freaked out

Last edited by jsp872; 05-15-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Eh well see, in a few weeks when I get out to the track, The 911 I can comment on( But again not on here .. . Lets just say having 0 wheel spin is VERY NICE, An I would definitly put it in the stock GTR class for sure.

but lets also stay on the topic with the OP, was just say the SC and AWD is very very good,
Gotcha! lol
Old 05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by jsp872
I have a 2011 X Coupe, as far as comparing it to the RWD coupe goes... although the X coupe is heavier, i feel like they are similar in speed, if not faster...
I'm not trying to start an argument with RWD Coupe drivers,
I base my opinion on a video I saw on youtube, they drove a base '09 X coupe and got a 5.2sec 0-60 time.

I'm just trying to say that an X coupe is no slower then a RWD coupe, that's all.
I would love to race a rwd coupe in a 1/4 mile.

And our car will kill camry's all day, I turn off my VDC, brake torque and let go right when the RPM hit's the limit, and off I go
It will jerk your head backwards pretty hard (in a perfect launch), my passenger seriously freaked out
Don't do that TOO often, boss! Or else I see one of those "help...my engine/transmission/clutch broke" threads in your future LOL.

Quick Reply: Unimpressive acceleration off the line...