G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone else have a dealership Privilege Card?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Amon_Ra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take my own oil and filter to the dealer...they proably hate me lol
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
BB,
There’s no expiration date, nor a mention of a contract. It does include my name and an eight digit number of some sort. On the back it lists all six Miller addresses and phone numbers (they have other dealerships in Southern California for Toyota, Honda, etc.). I wish I could take a picture of it for this thread but my camera doesn’t do close-ups too well.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
BB,
There’s no expiration date, nor a mention of a contract. It does include my name and an eight digit number of some sort. On the back it lists all six Miller addresses and phone numbers (they have other dealerships in Southern California for Toyota, Honda, etc.). I wish I could take a picture of it for this thread but my camera doesn’t do close-ups too well.
It came with the car, they need to honor it.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Do they offer this on all new car sales or is it something you negotiated?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:27 PM
chicago_animal

I just got a book from Infiniti yesterday and it had the prefered card in it. It does not offer free oil changes or anything but says Free rental car when the car is in the shop and a discount for using the shop as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Do they offer this on all new car sales or is it something you negotiated?
I didn’t negotiate it and they said nothing about it when I bought the car. It was just another item found in my owner’s manual packet that I assumed was given to all new Infiniti buyers at that dealership as a way to have owners bring their cars there for service. I had forgotten about it until a month ago when I came across it again.

I guess I should have made a fuss about being charged for an oil change when I showed them the card yesterday, but it’s just not that big of a deal to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have a card for Nissan but I negociated that with the purchase of my Z (oil changes etc). I don't have that with my G. I do however get free loaners anytime my G is at the dealership.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Chekov
I didn’t negotiate it and they said nothing about it when I bought the car. It was just another item found in my owner’s manual packet that I assumed was given to all new Infiniti buyers at that dealership as a way to have owners bring their cars there for service. I had forgotten about it until a month ago when I came across it again.

I guess I should have made a fuss about being charged for an oil change when I showed them the card yesterday, but it’s just not that big of a deal to me.
The reason I am curious is that I haven't heard of it before on this forum in the past 5 years until now. And many of us were offered free oil changes for various periods. I thought that all Infiniti dealerships provided courtesy transportation and loaners while you were under warranty (is this correct?). But I've never heard of anyone getting a card to document this.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM
noloveg37

No card from dealership either! And they do offer free loaners though which like stated I believe is an inherent feature for most if not all luxury car dealers.

Taking your own oil? Interesting never thought of that would just assume they wouldn't do it or would poor my new oil down the drain. Going to have to ask about that one.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I thought that all Infiniti dealerships provided courtesy transportation and loaners while you were under warranty (is this correct?).
You don't have to be under warranty or even own an Infiniti to get a loaner car or shuttle service. Shuttle can be for anything you have done even oil changes, but we try and keep the loaners to the couple hour jobs where a customer is out there car most of the day or even overnight. By the time your vehicle has waited, gotten its oil changed and gone to service wash, there is no reason it should take more than 45 minutes to an hour depending upon how backed up it is. Asked a few people who have been at my dealership for some time and none have heard of the card, but there are negotiated maintenance plans, but you're information is just stored in the system.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:16 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Amon_Ra
I take my own oil and filter to the dealer...they proably hate me lol
Yes, they probably do lol. Unless you bring your car there for a lot of other things, but if all youre bringing it there for is oil changes and you bring your own oil, then lol.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
NBE-ON'D
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
It blows my mind how cheap things are in the US, I should move to Arizona.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by NBE-ON'D
It blows my mind how cheap things are in the US, I should move to Arizona.
Cheap compared to where?