Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I am so happy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Not really sure it will be out of reach. But the fact that it will be around 75k is true, Have you seen how many GTR's there are??

BTW the sides are $550 shipped not $1100
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
Half of you have missed the whole point I was trying to make!

It does not matter! because the next Gen G will be out soon and the IPL will be out of reach for most.
Yes but our people are waiting on the official specs of the next IPL. If they say that its going to have 500 HP for like $80k price tag, than why buy a IPL when you can get a GT-R???? Now if the price range was around 50k like the current IPL. I would buy it right now. Trade in my G and say screw my s5 I pre-ordered. I believe there are A LOT of people on the forums who would spend 50K on a IPL if the performance and price tag were right.

Last edited by DashKid; 05-11-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Not really sure it will be out of reach. But the fact that it will be around 75k is true, Have you seen how many GTR's there are??

BTW the sides are $550 shipped not $1100
I at first thought they where $522 each. But if you call up just any Infiniti dealer they are going to sale you them at full cost.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
GTLAW
Banned

I don't know, I feel I may be done with Nissan. I owned nothing but Nissans all my life and my next car will be BMW or Audi.

My first car was 1998 Max SE then 2001 Max SE 6MT, Then 2005 Altima SER, then 2006 350z, then 2008 350z NISMO, from that to 2010 370z then to 2011 G37.

Originally Posted by DashKid
Yes but our people are waiting on the official specs of the next IPL. If they say that its going to have 500 HP for like $80k price tag, than why buy a IPL when you can get a GT-R???? Now if the price range was around 50k like the current IPL. I would buy it right now. Trade in my G and say screw my s5 I pre-ordered. I believe there are A LOT of people on the forums who would spend 50K on a IPL if the performance and price tag were right.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:08 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
sooo basically he's saying he is better than everyone that can't afford an IPL?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an EPIC thread!

First we have one mans opinion, which hes entitled to...whether hes right or wrong.

Then we have the waves of defense brought on by our fellow forum members.

Followed by a call to close the thread...LMAO

One member actually bought AERO parts thanks to OPs post, BUT didnt buy all of them....which OP may disagree with

Then plasti dip somehow gets brought up...NOT winning

And finally the discussion has graduated to the next IPL that is coming out and what the specs are or price may be...

5 STARS!!!

Originally Posted by kevshiau
sooo basically he's saying he is better than everyone that can't afford an IPL?
Waaay too dramatic. l doubt he intended that at all. lol
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GTLAW
It does not matter! because the next Gen G will be out soon and the IPL will be out of reach for most.
That's what i got from this post, but i guess i crossed the line. lol

The whole thread I thought he was saying how everyone that bought an IPL kit and put it on their non-IPL was "ghetto," because they cant afford to buy an actual IPL like him.

I guess i was misinterpreted something, my apologies.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RDDLINE
This is an EPIC thread!

First we have one mans opinion, which hes entitled to...whether hes right or wrong.

Then we have the waves of defense brought on by our fellow forum members.

Followed by a call to close the thread...LMAO

One member actually bought AERO parts thanks to OPs post, BUT didnt buy all of them....which OP may disagree with

Then plasti dip somehow gets brought up...NOT winning

And finally the discussion has graduated to the next IPL that is coming out and what the specs are or price may be...

5 STARS!!!

Waaay too dramatic. l doubt he intended that at all. lol
This...

This is the Cliff Notes version of this thread. Sucks I skimmed through all pages. Though it was entertaining. LOL!

Ok, Gonna go buy my IPL kit now and paint it rattle can style.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

^ Don't forget to mount it with zip ties lol
Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
GTLAW
Banned

I was not bashing IPL or aftermarket parts! I was bashing how some go about doing it.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
This thread is humorous to me for a few different reasons...

OP, I am not hopping on the band wagon of people ripping you. I can actually see from where you're coming with some of your points. I don't know if I necessarily agree with all your sentiments (or how you have laid them on the table), but, unfortunately, the issues you disagree with are the reality of modifying cars.

It does appear as though your opinion of this has changed since you created this thread, though. No? In that thread are you not inquiring about exactly what you express a profound displeasure with here?

And you mention in that thread buying, as an alternative, a "TS lip." Just out of curiosity, would you have purchased an authentic Top Secret lip or would you buy a cheap replica version of it as many others on here seem to do? I only ask because I feel like the argument could certainly be made by those members who have chosen to buy authentic parts that seeing "everyone and their grandmother" as you put it, faking the funk and cheaping out on parts might rub them the wrong way, too...

Just my $.02.

As a sidenote, I respect the fact that the OP has taken all this criticism like a good sport. Unless I have missed something, I don't think he has become hostile or rude in any of his responses to some of the heat he has endured.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
This thread is humorous to me for a few different reasons...

OP, I am not hopping on the band wagon of people ripping you. I can actually see from where you're coming with some of your points. I don't know if I necessarily agree with all your sentiments (or how you have laid them on the table), but, unfortunately, the issues you disagree with are the reality of modifying cars.

It does appear as though your opinion of this has changed since you created this thread, though. No? In that thread are you not inquiring about exactly what you express a profound displeasure with here?

And you mention in that thread buying, as an alternative, a "TS lip." Just out of curiosity, would you have purchased an authentic Top Secret lip or would you buy a cheap replica version of it as many others on here seem to do? I only ask because I feel like the argument could certainly be made by those members who have chosen to buy authentic parts that seeing "everyone and their grandmother" as you put it, faking the funk and cheaping out on parts might rub them the wrong way, too...

Just my $.02.

As a sidenote, I respect the fact that the OP has taken all this criticism like a good sport. Unless I have missed something, I don't think he has become hostile or rude in any of his responses to some of the heat he has endured.
Well like you I understand the OP's concern. It's just the fact of how he put. Kinda like how I can say girls do not know about cars. Which is a false statement. To be more clear I should of said Not all girls know about cars.

I also took it is I bought an IPL which is a way better car than you but in fact and reality is that we have the same engine under the hood. Now if I wanted to be an azz about it I could of said OP my SC or TT G37S would make your IPL G look stupid and guess what I saved 10k doing it.

Also, there is a better way of what he could of asked the question but bashing on other people and calling them ghetto when all he has is a wanna be G37S on fake steriods . If you get my drift hahaha.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Well like you I understand the OP's concern. It's just the fact of how he put. Kinda like how I can say girls do not know about cars. Which is a false statement. To be more clear I should of said Not all girls know about cars.

I also took it is I bought an IPL which is a way better car than you but in fact and reality is that we have the same engine under the hood. Now if I wanted to be an azz about it I could of said OP my SC or TT G37S would make your IPL G look stupid and guess what I saved 10k doing it.

Also, there is a better way of what he could of asked the question but bashing on other people and calling them ghetto when all he has is a wanna be G37S on fake steriods . If you get my drift hahaha.
I apologize, man. I hope you don't think my post was directed at you. My only point was that I feel like the OP is getting blasted and he is handling it far better than a lot of people would. I respect him for that. That's all.

And I agree with you that he certainly could have expressed himself a little differently so as not to **** off so many people. (But then this thread wouldn't have so many views and replies. )
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I apologize, man. I hope you don't think my post was directed at you. My only point was that I feel like the OP is getting blasted and he is handling it far better than a lot of people would. I respect him for that. That's all.

And I agree with you that he certainly could have expressed himself a little differently so as not to **** off so many people. (But then this thread wouldn't have so many views and replies. )
Nah brah. I know it wasn't to me but I was speaking on what most people thought probably. hahaha. Once again IPL'S are just G37S on crappy steroids. They couldn't afford real steroids. .
Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Let's talk about modding a Scion now :-)

Quick Reply: I am so happy!