Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
maybe his wife is a baller

I need to find me one of those
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
"Oh BTW try paying off your car in 13 months making 1300 month, paying mortgage of 1600 a month. Guess I'm a cheap azz of wanting to save some money here and there."

If that's your income and your mortgage ... try spending less than you make and save for the future and stop putting mods (any) on your car.
Well car is paid off already. Been paid off since 09 but that was just an example =P.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by kevshiau
maybe his wife is a baller

I need to find me one of those
No brah I wish I had a baller wife too. It's called working hard in college and finding a good azz paying job. Well not good paying but enough to buy the house I wanted and pay off my car early.

Anyone want to spot me 220k for the house? I will be there best friend forever. .

Last edited by DashKid; 05-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
mykke101

Honestly this thread got me off my wallet and onto the website to finally buy mine before the price jumps! (BlueSlate)

Picked up IPL front and skirts along with the washer-fluid replacement and the black front trim pieces. Gonna pick me up some sentra fogs...

Thanks for the heads up OP even though you didnt intend it to be one!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Please don't call members on here "kids" if you do not know them....

Yes I have a IPL front bumper, without fog lights, no IPL sides, no rear IPL bumper.
And powder coated calipers.... yes I am one of those cheap *** kid.
no money or taste to do my own mods....looking like all other regular G that is out there.
Next time please do not post someting like this......you make me feel bad....and cheap...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM
cribbsjy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was considering getting my calipers powdercoated, but after reading the OPs rant I don't know. I'd hate to be one of those "kids."

/sarcasm
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I really don't get how this thread is still going on. Pretty much all of the above should've been discussed in the useless thread lol.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
I applaud you for that. If I didn't get my car in 08 when it first came out I would of done the same thing. Gotten a used G for like 22-25k and gotta GTM SC as well.

Thanx man and wyldfyer thanx.

I also agree with jesse550, I am also one of those that took their stock G and made it "Their own" Everything I had bought and put on my car I tried to be the only one, IE: the SC kit on a AWD coupe, My CF stuff from Autkits I was the first one with the stuff( Test fitted for Alex), My wheels are on German cars( BMW's) and No G's, The Exhaust I have I was one of the First G's with it (Yet again the Frist X with it- Test fit again).. Not to brag, but every where I go people turn, ask me what it is( no name plates) always get tons of complaments.To me its my personaly on wheels. To me the only "Real" way to build I car, Nothing half azz.

Just think it's a little fun that poeple get mad , Why cause they spent 10k more than you and you car is more unique than theirs, cause the "Bought a unique car, An you built or modded yours? EH :/
Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Let me say this! I do not have an issue with doing thing's the correct way!

(Modifying your car the proper way)

Having your brakes professionally powder coated is fine! I will have mine done soon.

I said it looks bad when someone goes and buy's cheap spry print and paints there calipers.

So please stop twisting up my words.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cribbsjy
I was considering getting my calipers powdercoated, but after reading the OPs rant I don't know. I'd hate to be one of those "kids."

/sarcasm
Old 05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by GTLAW

Having your brakes professionally powder coated is fine! I will have mine done soon.

I said it looks bad when someone goes and buy's cheap spry print and paints there calipers.

Thanks!
Well that's the point. You think professional body shops make their own paint? If you do I'm sorry to burst your bubble they don't. They buy paints from companies that make paint. Also, did you not realize there are many many people out there that do hell of a good job painting their own calibers. Look at Tim's red calibers that he painted. Just because your not a professional at some thing doesn't make them a ricer type thing. There are many people out there who aren't pro's at painting and stuff that do way better work than pro.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW

Thanks!

If done properly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with spray paint...they don't have to be professionally powder coated to be good.
I did the brakes on my 350Z with spray paint that was designed for calipers and they looked great and still looked great years later.

Most of the work I do on my cars is actually better than the "professionals"..professional just means someone is paid for what they do; it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it...

Not meaning to twist your words, but...

spry > spray
print > paint
there > their

Sorry, but every time you say something else, you open the can of worms even more...
Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. GTLAW really struck a chord with a TON of members. Pretty entertaining stuff in this thread. It would be hilarious to see everyone in a room face to face bickering with one another over this topic
Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
I can't believe I just read this either. This all coming from someone that "claims" to have the IPL preformance package yet you look at his mods and its not even close.

For those of you buying the aero package parts I salute you. They look good and yet you guys seem to make them unique to your cars. Not doing the rear, or going with different skirts, no fogs etc. I have no problem with that. Rock and roll people! We all have cars for different reasons and make them our own. This should be commended not chastised.

You sir deserve an applause.

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Wow. GTLAW really struck a chord with a TON of members. Pretty entertaining stuff in this thread. It would be hilarious to see everyone in a room face to face bickering with one another over this topic
I'm with you bro this is hilarious. However we all love modding and most of us have been doing so for a long period of time, and dude just strolled in and basically slapped all of us in the face. He is getting a whole lot of grief i admit, but some of it rightly so...
I was laughing throughout this thread though, thank you sir
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
dtran2714
Registered Member

Very entertaining reading this
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Weiboy718

Is slapping on a completely stock part considered a mod?

Quick Reply: I am so happy!