Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seem legit to you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
Not sure whether or not its the same spoiler, but elite spoilers gives you the option of getting it without the brake light...every other spoiler that I've seen (incouding the one from Auto Everything) has the brake light. I think it looks better without the brake light
I agree too and don't want the brake light with the spoiler. I may consider this one if I find enough positive feedback. $250 isn't too steep imho and if they price match, then all the better!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by TwoThree
LMAO

What is that little dot in the center of your spoiler sir?

Just messin' swisscheese!
Reading is WAAAAY overated...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM
nickw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eilite spoilers are the ones who make the spoiler, auto anything sells it. If you just email elitespoilers they will price match auto anything and you can buy direct.

Edit: I've done it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by nickw
eilite spoilers are the ones who make the spoiler, auto anything sells it. If you just email elitespoilers they will price match auto anything and you can buy direct.

Edit: I've done it.
Did you get it installed yet? Comments on the fit and finish? What color paint and does it match?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DashKid
Well the thing is if it works like an oem, and it fits like an oem, why buy oem????

It's only $200 compared to $500. I'll take my chances with the $200 and I heard a guy here name bref had his well over a year and nothing went wrong with it. Oh and mind the fact that he lives in Louisiana aka State that rains like hell.
to each his own.
i personally didnt buy a $40,000 car to cheap out and risk buying crap that will trap moisture, water, or leak it into my trunk. id rather have nothing, than something that requires drilling holes into my stock trunk and later down the road then a need replacement- and no more replacements exist and a different spoiler will require different holes.
there are some things that should be OEM, or by a company that is as close to OEM as possible - not these fly by night "business" that sell knock-off crap, and dip.

i dont sell coupe spoilers; so this isnt a sales pitch. i simply am giving my honest advice as a car owner with years of experience.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DashKid
Well the thing is if it works like an oem, and it fits like an oem, why buy oem????
it looks, fits, and works just like OEM - yes.... but what will that spoiler look like after 1 winter, and 1 summer? what will it look like after sun exposure?

have you ever heard of spoiler warping? i have.

idk about you, but just because its presentable TODAY - doesnt mean its worth it tomorrow. i dont buy **** just for a quick fix. if i spend money, i spend it on something worth while - hence why i bought a nissan product to begin with.

if you want something that looks good today, works well today, and is cheap = should have bought a Hyundai Genesis coupe
Old 05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Agreed...there are some things that you just shouldn't cheapen out on...such as parts that agfect performance or safety such as wheels, tires, engine components, suspension parts, etc...not a small piece of plastic that is only aesthetic and serves no other function. The whole OEM vs replica debate goes in all car communities. For the most part the replica parts are just as good as the OEM parts...they look the same and last just as long...in most cases you can't even tell the difference. If these spoilers actually served a purpose (improved performance and stability by affecting aerodynamics) I could see your point...but that's not the case.

So if people want to spend the extra money on OEM styling parts, go ahead...but id rather buy a. quality replica part and use the money I saved to buy parts that actually matter and serve a purpose other than looks.

Do you have any proof or personal experience to show that these replica spoilers will leak, fade, warp, etc...I have done a lot of reasearch and haven't found any. The only thing I have found are OEM snobs assuming poor quality while people that actually have the replica parts have only good things to say about them.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Agreed...there are some things that you just shouldn't cheapen out on...
So if people want to spend the extra money on OEM styling parts, go ahead...but id rather buy a. quality replica part and use the money I saved to buy parts that actually matter and serve a purpose other than looks.
dude if this was a stick-on piece, then do what you want. THIS IS A PART THAT REQUIRES YOU TO DRILL HOLES INTO YOUR TRUNK!!

who says that when this fly-by-night company closes its doors, the next spoiler you buy will have the same alignment on the holes? if not - now you have holes in your trunk and will be drilling 2 more. what if those holes are half an inch apart and will over lap, now your almost deff gonna be leaking sooner or later.
this isnt a part you want to go cheapo on. because if the OEM warps, or gets destroyed, you can pick up a new one and you know its always gonna be available and will be a direct bolt on.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I can't believe this is still going on.

If you want the spoiler and don't want to spend as much money, than buy the Elite spoiler.
If you want a for sure, OEM part than buy OEM. Some will go the inexpensive way, some will go the OEM way. Buy what you want! I thought about the Elite spoiler, trying to just save a few bucs, but I personally rather just go with the OEM and be done with it. We're not saving thousands, its a few hundred dollars. If you're that tight on money, maybe you shouldn't be buying a spoiler period. I know some are going to say its just the principle of just not "wasting" money, and if that your argument, I don't know why youre arguing your case. Save yourself and get the Elite if thats your point.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by ImStricken
it looks, fits, and works just like OEM - yes.... but what will that spoiler look like after 1 winter, and 1 summer? what will it look like after sun exposure?

have you ever heard of spoiler warping? i have.

idk about you, but just because its presentable TODAY - doesnt mean its worth it tomorrow. i dont buy **** just for a quick fix. if i spend money, i spend it on something worth while - hence why i bought a nissan product to begin with.

if you want something that looks good today, works well today, and is cheap = should have bought a Hyundai Genesis coupe
I agree and yes I've seen spoiler warped before. Heck I even seen paint jobs on Lambos and Porches go bad as in the paint was chipping away bad and they were factory paint.

And you are right we drive a 40k car but does that also mean we should go to the stealership and buy exact same parts for more? For example oil filter is $20 at the stealership when the same oil filter at autozone or oriley's like $10 dollars. Same goes with oil. The stealership sells Nissan sells Nissan 5w-30 oil (not synthetic) for $45 but this is oem oil, when I can get a case of 5w-30 fully synthetic mobil one from Sams for $35.

Also, I also seen replica replacements last way longer then OEM stuff with no problem. Guy here in dfw who drive a 06 g35 couple got a replica spoiler and it has lasted way over 6 years already with no problems and mind the fact that we live in a state where it goes way over 100 degrees in the summer.

Now if were to say safety stuff like seat belt, engine parts like cams, headers, yeah I would stick to oem.

Agreed...there are some things that you just shouldn't cheapen out on...such as parts that agfect performance or safety such as wheels, tires, engine components, suspension parts, etc...not a small piece of plastic that is only aesthetic and serves no other function. The whole OEM vs replica debate goes in all car communities. For the most part the replica parts are just as good as the OEM parts...they look the same and last just as long...in most cases you can't even tell the difference. If these spoilers actually served a purpose (improved performance and stability by affecting aerodynamics) I could see your point...but that's not the case.

Do you have any proof or personal experience to show that these replica spoilers will leak, fade, warp, etc...I have done a lot of reasearch and haven't found any. The only thing I have found are OEM snobs assuming poor quality while people that actually have the replica parts have only good things to say about them.
I agree with you. I have yet to see any replica parts go bad with the right treatment, but at the same time I've seen the same part on OEM and Replica go bad like body kit over time because of the user not treating the body kit correctly. Like waxing it every 6 to 8 months.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

i never said everything OEM is the right choice, nor did i state to go to the dealer for everything you need. i personally dont like stealerships. i was suggesting buying OEM - even if it means from ebay.

and you cant compare oil to spoilers. there is no such thing as "replica oil". even if there was, if you dont like that oil - pour it out, and done with.

to each his own, im simply trying to play devils advocate and make you think before you drill holes in your trunk.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
SwissCheeseHead

To each his own. You can't convince a person to get one thing or another based on "what could happen" when compared to what actually happens. OEM, aftermarket, this, that. Whatever. This is like the Plastidip vs. professional paint debate. There's more to life than a few dollars and a few car parts. Not worth getting bent out of shape for. Buy it, enjoy it and post your experiences so other can make a good choice.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM
TimG37x
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It actually doesn't REQUIRE you to drill, but the option is there.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TimG37x
It actually doesn't REQUIRE you to drill, but the option is there.
I think I read that someone on here attached his spoiler only using 3m double sided tape and the pre-drilled holes from the chrome lip spoiler and that it has held up well at highway speed.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
EricP3

Longcat is long

Quick Reply: Seem legit to you guys?