G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinions.. the G37S or IPL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
saw someone post my link, good to see its being used. i would advise spending money on an ipl exhaust if your stock now. you can get an aftermarket for prolly same $ and get a better range of tones and more power for sure
Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
You will like the handling feel of the IPL over the S... better turn-in, cornering stability and steering response.
Everything else is a matter of preference. I don't like the way the stock IPL looks stock. But with just a simple drop to reduce some of the wheel gap, it looks great... But then again, so does the S in it's own way
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
If you want to keep your car stock the IPL is a good car to have. If you are going to modify your car get something different as you will be wasting money. If you do some research before buying you can get an IPL for basically the same money as people pay for the S package. Don't buy an IPL if you are looking for a super smooth ride. They do ride a bit stiffer than the S as they have 20% stiffer springs in the front and 10% in the rear (along with other goodies). Is the car worth it? Yes in the 9 months I have owned the IPL I only appreciate the car more everyday. Would I do it again knowing what I know now? Yes I would do it all over again with out a second thought. If you want to know more about specifics of the IPL send me a PM. I hate talking about IPL's on the forum as there are sooo many haters of which most of them do not have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Oh and as far as that sport muffler it is not the same as an IPL muffler. The IPL has some sort of baffles in the tips.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Bad G IPL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
If you want to keep your car stock the IPL is a good car to have. If you are going to modify your car get something different as you will be wasting money. If you do some research before buying you can get an IPL for basically the same money as people pay for the S package. Don't buy an IPL if you are looking for a super smooth ride. They do ride a bit stiffer than the S as they have 20% stiffer springs in the front and 10% in the rear (along with other goodies). Is the car worth it? Yes in the 9 months I have owned the IPL I only appreciate the car more everyday. Would I do it again knowing what I know now? Yes I would do it all over again with out a second thought. If you want to know more about specifics of the IPL send me a PM. I hate talking about IPL's on the forum as there are sooo many haters of which most of them do not have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Oh and as far as that sport muffler it is not the same as an IPL muffler. The IPL has some sort of baffles in the tips.

^^^^^ I'm with Tazicon on this one!! IPL is a great car and Ive loved mine since day 1.

When you do your research on this car and when you read all the reviews of the IPL, people are all commenting its a piece of **** and its to pricey. And of course they always bring up it doesn't compare to the C63 AMG or BMW M3! WTF?

First thing I say to them is why are you bashing this car if you don't own one or don't have anything close to this kind of car. Secondly why are they comparing V8's to V6's? Ovbiously the C63AMG and M3 are better cars! they will also run you an extra $15,000-20,000 more than the IPL. And Infiniti wasn't aiming for there fast M3 competitor. Infiniti is Luxury, and BMW is too don't get me wrong. But when I look at an INterior of an IPL vs and BMW......it explains itself. Infiniti IPL appealed to me in so many ways that is why I bought it. And you wont find many, maybe not any dissatisfied IPL owners. Ive only heard good things about it.

So in my opinion get the IPL DOMODOMO
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If 6 MT is a must, IPL won't give it to you. As for early clutch issues, any occurrence would give you an excuse to upgrade to a performance clutch setup.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Coprolite
If 6 MT is a must, IPL won't give it to you. As for early clutch issues, any occurrence would give you an excuse to upgrade to a performance clutch setup.
Are you saying the IPL doesn't come in a 6mt? If you are you are wrong.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
KAHBOOM

If I didn't already own an S and were looking for the G, I would get an IPL (then lower it). The body kit amplifies the visual of the ride height on the car and that is realy my only gripe.
I wouldn't pay to trade my S for an IPL. The IPL is so much like the S, I dont understand why S owners hate on it. The IPL gives you mods from the factory that are covered under warranty. For individuals who are simply looking to mod conservatively and stay under warranty and otherwise not do too much customization then the IPL is a nice option. With regard to price, if you get a fully loaded S and add the mods that are on the IPL from an aftermarket source and include labor for install, then do a price comparison the IPL is a better cost-benefit ratio and you then get a one stop shop for everything that is on the car.
For peope who say that the IPL sucks because it is not significantly faster etc... Look at all the mods that people get on the S and Journey then go to the track and the car is even slower than stock...
With the IPL, you know what you are getting from the start and forsome people that works.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Coprolite

Tazicon, thanks for the correction! Was the '11 only available in automatic? For some reason that get into my head sometime over the past 2 years...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
reVx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an IPL and let me tell you how I looked at it from my perspective.

When I went to buy my car, I wanted something fully loaded. A fully loaded G37S is roughly ~47K. On top of that I wanted to mod my car with the simple bolt-on mods mainly for sound and a little performance here and there. I wanted a car that looked as mean as it sounded as well. All in all, a lot of people will tell you the IPL is overpriced, not worth the moderate extra horse power etc, but when in reality your getting a pretty decent deal. Take into account the tune, exhaust, suspension, body kit, (amazing paint job if you get malbec black), the red leather seats, etc... It's pretty worth it. People don't put it in perspective before they go and blab their mouth on about how expensive it is. I got mine for 49.5K (a little above invoice). If anybody tells me the IPL (fully loaded g37s + more) isn't worth the money compared to a G37S, then I don't know what is.

Also regarding sound. The only thing I needed to do to make it sound where I wanted was add an Intake. Adds a nice throaty touch to it. (I got R2C's)

P.S. You also get the great feeling of knowing there aren't many of you on the road as well, theres only 2-3 IPL's in north Texas where I am from as far as I know.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I for one don't hate the IPL I like it but would I buy that car for like 45-50k? No I wouldn't. I'm sure all you guys know a guy name bref on the these forums. He had BS 08 6MT and he put in the IPL bumper and guess what? It was still under warranty and he only paid $500 total for that bumper. That package cost over 1300 from the factory.

Now if the IPL was 40k like the S, I would get it in a heart beat no questions asked but I have yet to see a IPL go that low brand new like the S.

Also, many people like us feel like we are wasting an extra 5-6k for buying a IPL when with that money we can upgrade the body kit and have a lot left for engine mods to make it faster than a IPL.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
what!? get the M3 man! who cares about "reliability" or mechanical issues! warranty will take care of it!

As for whether an "S" or an "IPL", I would get the S, I never liked the IPL's flared out bumpers and with ricer type aesthetics..plus paying extra fooorrr what again? just my .02, dont hate on my fellow IPL'ers
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I went from a 08 5AT to a 12 7AT IPL and I love it! I ended up getting mine for the same price as a 12 S was going to be. I love the red interior. I get comments on it allthe time. The Malbec black is an awsome color. I say shop arond and get yourself a deal on one. You can also problly find one at a dealer with really low miles on it if you look hard enough.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
KAHBOOM

The S for 40k will not be equally equipped as an IPL. That's the point. And there is more to an IPL body kit than just a bumper...
Originally Posted by DashKid
Well I for one don't hate the IPL I like it but would I buy that car for like 45-50k? No I wouldn't. I'm sure all you guys know a guy name bref on the these forums. He had BS 08 6MT and he put in the IPL bumper and guess what? It was still under warranty and he only paid $500 total for that bumper. That package cost over 1300 from the factory.

Now if the IPL was 40k like the S, I would get it in a heart beat no questions asked but I have yet to see a IPL go that low brand new like the S.

Also, many people like us feel like we are wasting an extra 5-6k for buying a IPL when with that money we can upgrade the body kit and have a lot left for engine mods to make it faster than a IPL.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Coprolite

I went S due to the $11k difference at the time. In December 2010, I could get an S without tech package for 41k and IPL wasn't budging off MSRP of 52k. It only had a different color seat, paint, aero, rims and exhaust. I didn't think it was worth the extra 26.8%....
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait did this guy just said that the 1M can't handle a corner worth a crap? What?

Quick Reply: Opinions.. the G37S or IPL?