Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fml

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fml

A drunk driver who was talking on his cell phone crashed into my G while it was parked on the street Saturday night. Had the Maxima for eight years and this never happened, G less than two months He tried to get away but his car was stuck to mine and tire was lifted off of the ground. He was arrested with a DUI charge. I don't have rental car insurance but I heard that if I rent a car I can seek reimbursement from his insurance company so I'm going to give that a try. Car looks pretty much totaled to me, the wheel doesn't even sit straight anymore. Back to the drawing board...
Attached Thumbnails Fml-img01.jpg   Fml-img02.jpg   Fml-img03.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 AM
GRG37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh snap that sucks. Yes you can get reimbursed from the other insurance company for rental, sorry man
Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
djtrump

Thanks, would I be able to rent the car today and then seek reimbursement later? I contacted his insurance company but they couldn't look him up because I was unable to get his full name, I'll have to wait until the police report is ready.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 AM
GRG37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah as long as he has insurance you should be good
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Dulanicki

Wow, this sucks.
Make sure you get a copy of the police report. You can also go through your insurance (unfortunately pay the deductible) and they will go after his insurance and him or reimbursement. Just a thought. If they don't total it, make sure they pay for loss in value, and keep tally of the amount of time you lost because of the accident. You can have them reimburse you for that too, however you will need to demand it for them. Insurance companies aren't all that willing to part with their money.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM
djtrump

Thanks for the info. I went through my insurance company (Allstate) and they told me they would not charge me the $500 deductible as they will be including it in the total they are sending to his insurance company for reimbursement. I am going to fight hard to make sure they consider it totaled, I just know that even if they fix the car more issues may arise in the future, and the value will drop tremendously.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM
iMa BoSs
Banned

Originally Posted by djtrump
Thanks for the info. I went through my insurance company (Allstate) and they told me they would not charge me the $500 deductible as they will be including it in the total they are sending to his insurance company for reimbursement. I am going to fight hard to make sure they consider it totaled, I just know that even if they fix the car more issues may arise in the future, and the value will drop tremendously.

its very hard to have this car considered totaled... but that does look very close to it .. id fight to have ti totaled because if they fix it its goign to drive like shi*
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM
apexi350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to see this on another G, but hope you can get this as totaled on the insurance. My bro has a similar damange on his Corvette, exact the same spot but less damage than yours from the pic, and the insurance give him totaled on his car. Hope to see you on a 012 G37 soon
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
BlkG-37S

The damaged inflicted on your car to me looks to be a complete loss. I don't see how the damage isn't considered totaled in my opinion.

You don't want a body shop to fix that. Trust me!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
djtrump

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will keep you guys updated as I go through the process. My first time having to go through it so it will definitely be a learning experience. I was thinking this might be a sign to possibly upgrade to an xS . I'm going to push to have this considered totaled. Even the inside of the trunk is pushed in. The guy continued to burn into the car by trying to drive away. The bumper actually melted and there's specks all over the side of the car. Not to mention he scratched both rims on the opposite side of the car by pushing it against the curb. Took some real patience on my end to refrain from smacking him upside his head
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sorry you have to go through this. I despise drunks and even more, drunk drivers. Get as much as you can from his insurance and make this loser pay up. You have all the leverage. I hope they total your car and start again.

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
You really should go through the others person insurance company if you are not at fault.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
You really should go through the others person insurance company if you are not at fault.
This.

Go through his insurance.

Have them get you a rental and them handle the whole process.

Things will be taken care of a lot faster that way, trust me.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry this happend to you, but I think the blessing is that he got stuck to your car. Otherwise, he would have been outta there. Good luck with everything!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn this sucks to see Hopefully you get the xS you want

Quick Reply: Fml