Sponsored By:

Fml

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Hey everyone,

Haven't been on in a while, finally got the car back yesterday after 6 weeks and $13,000 out of the insurance company's pockets. Couldn't be happier to see it. I think they did a great job on the body and the car is running fine except for two issues. First, there is a squeaking noise I'm hearing when going over bumps. I'm thinking that since they replaced the whole suspension, maybe they didn't lubricate the bushings well enough. I will be taking it back to them for that and to put back on the mud guards which they forgot.

The second is a major issue but since I am still under warranty I'm taking it to the dealer for this (dealership told me this is most likely covered). When I received the car the screen/radio/air conditioner were all off and none of the controls worked. The screen comes on when I put the car in reverse and the backup cam shows, and it is only in reverse that I can adjust the a/c (weird). I called the auto body shop and they said they didn't touch anything with the electrical, I will take it to the dealer first and see what they say.

P.S. While the car was there I had them throw on the spoiler and take off the infiniti letters for free
Attached Thumbnails Fml-img_3045.jpg   Fml-img_3047.jpg   Fml-img_3049.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by djtrump
Hey everyone,

Haven't been on in a while, finally got the car back yesterday after 6 weeks and $13,000 out of the insurance company's pockets. Couldn't be happier to see it. I think they did a great job on the body and the car is running fine except for two issues. First, there is a squeaking noise I'm hearing when going over bumps. I'm thinking that since they replaced the whole suspension, maybe they didn't lubricate the bushings well enough. I will be taking it back to them for that and to put back on the mud guards which they forgot.

The second is a major issue but since I am still under warranty I'm taking it to the dealer for this (dealership told me this is most likely covered). When I received the car the screen/radio/air conditioner were all off and none of the controls worked. The screen comes on when I put the car in reverse and the backup cam shows, and it is only in reverse that I can adjust the a/c (weird). I called the auto body shop and they said they didn't touch anything with the electrical, I will take it to the dealer first and see what they say.

P.S. While the car was there I had them throw on the spoiler and take off the infiniti letters for free
Great to see that this all worked out for you. Thanks for the update!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
P.S. you have six weeks of miles to make up for, so get out there and DRIVE!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Nice man glad it world out for you.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Glad it all worked out! Now get those issues taken care of before it becomes too late.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats, bro! Make sure you have someone drive it and you follow behind to make sure it doesn't have that crooked chassis that sometimes happens when you are hit in the rear/side.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 AM
djtrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, I will make good use of it now that summer is around (and my birthday on Saturday ) I visited every week to check on the car and fortunately the way it was hit, the frame was still completely intact when everything was taken apart. All of the damage was to the quarter panel and the suspension in that corner.