G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone install the Aero/IPL front bumper whose car is equipped w/ tech package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
I'm sorry but my God! What bunch of Idiots.
Lol, hes at it again. I can only speak from experience, my friend. It works fine for me.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
dc2r

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
which would make sense why the IPL did not come with ICC.
also note 2010+ sport bumpers do have ICC cut outs, whether or not they are in the same place is another story.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Zod

I got a 09 G37S coupe and my old sport bumper did have the cutout too. When I get my fuse/wiring problem fixed I'll test the ICC on the road and see if I can vouch for TwoThree. I got a 6MT so I never used it really, rarely ever take long trips on the G, she's babied.

That other dude got banned though... lol, what does that say.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
second2none

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can vouch for twothree. I have the ipl front bumper and my icc works fine.
The following users liked this post:
TwoThree (04-16-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 AM
TwoThree

Originally Posted by second2none
I can vouch for twothree. I have the ipl front bumper and my icc works fine.
Thanks. I'm not saying its the best way. Obviously Infiniti made a cut out in the grille for a reason. All I can say is i Have the IPL bumper and my ICC works 100%. Same with my buddys car...
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Zod

Ok so just heard back from my mechanic about my G. The car went in the shop because all of the sudden I had a bunch of warning lights come up due to one of the fuses getting blown. The fuse was replaced but still got blown so maybe the idea of a short circuit somewhere came up. He reset a few switches and the fuse and many of the lights were working again, however the Cruise warning light stayed on solid.

Upon 2 days of inspection and gathering data with a top of the line computer, the problem was finally pin pointed to the ICC laser in the front of the car. While the ICC was connected, my brake lights stayed on solid and the Cruise warning light stayed solid. Along with other random warning lights coming up as well. Upon disconnecting the ICC laser, all other warning lights went away and only the Cruise light stayed on.

So I thought, hmm maybe my Aero bumper IS blocking the laser and causing malfunction. Let's test it out:

So my mechanic drives my car without the front bumper and ICC connected. Warning light for Cruise still on and brake lights stay on. He disconnected the ICC and all is working fine, no more warning lights beside the Cruise, brake lights working properly as well.

I want to conclude that I have a faulty ICC laser/box and take the car to Infiniti. But is there anything else that could be making the ICC laser box malfunction obviously aside from the Aero bumper? As even without the bumper on and no obstruction to the laser, it is still not working.

I can see Infiniti already playing hard ball with me because they don't condone having the Aero bumper in a 2009 G37 since it blocks the laser (even though many people confirm it works fine for them). But I can't see how having blocked the laser can cause it to malfunction like this specially when I NEVER use it.

I need some suggestions on this, it appears to be that this is a more unique problem as I have researched greatly and cannot find someone with a comparable or exact problem as this.

FYI I do not have any electronic mods in the car besides upgraded HID bulbs installed in the headlights. (I believe maybe 6000k type)

My options:

A) Keep the car as is, with ICC disconnected and unable to use Classic Cruise and ICC and having to keep the Cruise warning light on.

or

B) Take the car to Infiniti, show them what I've diagnosed so far and demand they fix the ICC console or replace.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
TwoThree

Do you still have your OEM front bumper? I'd install that back on with the cut out, then go to Infiniti and tell them the ICC unit is malfunctioning. They will try to avoid replacing it because dealerships try to keep their warranty claims to a minimum and that ICC unit with labor is close to $4000. Believe the sensor itself is right around $2700.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Zod

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Do you still have your OEM front bumper? I'd install that back on with the cut out, then go to Infiniti and tell them the ICC unit is malfunctioning. They will try to avoid replacing it because dealerships try to keep their warranty claims to a minimum and that ICC unit with labor is close to $4000. Believe the sensor itself is right around $2700.
Luckily I do still have my OEM bumper, you're right about the price too it's definitely around those numbers. If that ICC box is not resettable with some Infiniti computer (something my mechanic wouldn't have) then I'm pretty sure the thing is busted/fried and doesn't work. Every time it's connected it throws up all kinds of warning lights and brake lights stay on; disconnected, the car runs like butter.

I'd thought about taking the car in for oil change and having them look at it with my aero bumper on maybe it's something simple like recalibrating it or something and saving myself the hassle of swapping the old bumper back. But if it went bad then it'd be a waste of time and money to do that in the first place. Like u said, they won't touch it under warranty with that aero bumper on. So may need to do the swap after all, that way they wouldn't have a reason not to.

Thanks for the idea, if I pull it off I'll update with some results.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
SO I have a question .. If they stopped putting the cut out in the 10 and above as stated before how does the ICC work in those? I have an IPL so it didnt come with ICC. Did they stop putting ICC in our cars?

Also on another note Zod have you tried just taking the lower mes out of your IPL bumper and see if that fixes it? If your going to take it to the dealer to ge it looked at Id put the orginal bumper back on so they can say some BS like when you put on the IPL bumper you messed it up. Dont give them any easy out. Put it back on and take it in.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 AM
TwoThree

They still have cutouts in the 2010, and the change occured in 2011, and those have ICC cutouts as well.

Zod, I use to work at Infiniti so I still remember a lot of the prices and how things work. They shouldn't deny you warranty of faulty equipment because of a bumper, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and not give them any reason to deny you. Bumper swap is pretty simple, should have it done within half an hour.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 AM
deadlocked

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very useful information.