Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

M2 vs Top Speed Pro axelback Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BluestickG
I have the straight tip version, so it has silencers. Sounds Identical to the tanabe system, well before i installed the test pipes haha

Finish is nice! Had it on the car for about 5 months and no issues so far. Fitment was spot on. Didnt even need to adjust anything. And for 260 bucks and on a college budget you cant beat it
Sorry if you already mentioned it, but did you get your axle back through Ebay, and if you did, which seller?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
topspeed has an account that sells them directly on ebay. It's called topspeed something, lol.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Sython
Sorry if you already mentioned it, but did you get your axle back through Ebay, and if you did, which seller?
I bought it right off of topspeeds website. Not a big fan of ebay
Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=BluestickG;3419075]I have the straight tip version, so it has silencers. Sounds Identical to the tanabe system, well before i installed the test pipes haha

So on the product catalog which one is it?

TOP SPEED AUTO ACCESSORIES, INC.

Resonated or non-resonated? And I am assuming in your video that you removed the silencers?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Also bluestickG do you have any other sound clips? And any negatives about this exhaust system (Reason why its $600 less than tanabe for the same sound) ?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
cruzmisl

As I said, the non-resonated version is pretty loud and drones, but the beveled tips look nicer. I haven't heard the one with straight tips and silencers, but after hearing the non-resonated/beveled one, I think it's too loud and would try the other ones.

It's always wet here in oregon and my dad might spend a minute polishing up those cans once in a while. No rust issues so far.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 PM
onehighfocus
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got mine for $209 shipped on their ebay site... $209 opening bid, no other bidders + free shipping = Happy camper!

should be delivered tomorrow

In case you want one too...
Infiniti G37 Coupe 08-11 Axleback Exhaust System Systems With Bevel Edge Tips | eBay
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
So on the product catalog which one is it?

Resonated or non-resonated? And I am assuming in your video that you removed the silencers?[/quote]

this is the one i bought. Its the resonated one. The only reason why it is so loud is because i have berk test pipes.

Originally Posted by LegitMW
Also bluestickG do you have any other sound clips? And any negatives about this exhaust system (Reason why its $600 less than tanabe for the same sound) ?
No unfortunatly I dont. No negatives that ive seen so far. Ive only had it for 5 months but then again if rusts or whatever after a year it was only 200 bucks. Buy another one hahah
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Sython

I think I'm definitely jumping on this axle back in a couple months. You guys have me convinced. I start my new job tomorrow so I want to get settled first so no big purchases until then

Thanks everyone.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
cruzmisl

Originally Posted by onehighfocus
Got mine for $209 shipped on their ebay site... $209 opening bid, no other bidders + free shipping = Happy camper!

should be delivered tomorrow

In case you want one too...
Infiniti G37 Coupe 08-11 Axleback Exhaust System Systems With Bevel Edge Tips | eBay
Just to be clear, this is the one without removable silencers... it'll be louder.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by BluestickG
No not at all! I have top speed with the axle back, y pipe and berk test pipes. Sounds Sick

ModBargains.com - Berk Test Pipes Infiniti G37 - YouTube

Wow I don't like the sound of that exhaust at all. Maybe it's the test pipes.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
apexi350z

FYI, the replica Tanabe is louder than the actual Tanabe. The replica is under 97db, the actual Tanabe is under 93db. There IS a difference. Not to mention the fit & finish of the genuine product, which is A+

At the end, you always get what you paid for
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM
onehighfocus
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed! I think they are a great buy so far (for the money)....
Love the sound. Reminds me somewhat of the deep rumble in a 4.6 mustang with Flowmasters.
Its actually not to loud when cruising, but under acceleration. well.... lets just say you will be noticed. Still though, its not obnoxiously loud.

At first the driver side tip was a bit high and the the passenger side a bit lower. I finagled with the bolting flanges for a bit but it didnt help much so I bent the passenger side hanger on the muffler down a bit to get the tip to sit higher and they look pervert now.

here's a couple vids of the OEM Vs. Top speed... there is a bit of rasp-gurgle that Im pretty sure is from the massive amounts of water still in the exhaust from the cold start up as it is prevalent in the OEM sound as well...

exhaust 001.MOV - YouTube

exhaust 002.MOV - YouTube
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 AM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds really good, but it does seem like some of that VQ purr is lost. I am still on the fence between this and the Megan racing.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Sython

Thanks for the video onehighfocus. I don't think the VQ purr is lost, it is just has a lot more bass in it. I'd love to get some more videos (in car, drive by, etc.) if possible...

Again, thanks

Quick Reply: M2 vs Top Speed Pro axelback Exhausts