Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 coupe trailer hitch

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:30 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc750
I thought about putting one on the vert so that I can take my bicycles with me.
Why not just get a trunk mount bike rack? Much easier to take on and off.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like how the g35's one was hidden but I wouldn't want to see a G towing anything.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha the hitch is barely visible i have one for my bike rack...

to the haters.. same argument can be made for people that RICE their G's out with huge drops and big exhausts... its the same thing! we've made modifications to suit our lifestyles... **** off!

and the ones that you attach on your trunk arent as stable as an actual rack.... plus you have handle bars and pedals that can scratch your s*** vs a rack that the pedals and/or handle bars dont ever touch the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
Greenville_Gent (07-13-2017)
Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Doc750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
Why not just get a trunk mount bike rack? Much easier to take on and off.
the trunk on the vert is double hinged contraption that I don't want to mess with it all. Easier just to slip on a rack, and drop the bike in.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 AM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
If someone's gonna post something on a public forum, they are gonna get everyone's opinion. If a person does not want those opinions, then don't post here...ask someone in private.

Telling people to STFU on a public forum because they stated their opinion is not really all that cool...

I personally would not put a hitch on my G either...they do make vehicles for that kind of stuff.
I complete disagree.

I understand this is a public forum but this forum should be used to help one another. If I asked what everyone thought about a trailer, then yes, I am opening myself up to opinions. But when I ask has anyone installed a hitch or has one, I don’t need responses like “please don’t” or “epic fail”. How does that help me?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
In before the lock...................

Now the first thing I would do is talk to a dealership and see what they recommend or if they do recommend this at all. MY guess is they will and have seen this done in a proper manor. One thing to keep in mind is just because someone on the internet has done it "for years" doesn't make it a safe option. Please check into this with Infiniti and make sure if you do it, you do it right per their recomendations. As for a bike rack that is different, but I would still do it right in case one day down the road you wanted to hook a trailer up.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
This seems to be a controversial subject. OP has stated that he doesn't care your opinions on the subject. He did not post asking "What do you think about putting a tow hitch on the G?" If he had, your opinions would be welcome. He asked if anyone had done it and if the bumper would require modification and for help. So if you can help with that, please do. If your only contribution to the thread is to tell him the idea sucks, keep it to yourself. If you think it's the most horrible thing you can do to a G, then keep it to yourself and don't post here because that's not what he asked. And please don't post anything else in this thread in such a way as to cause me to give infractions for you posting like a jackass. If you have any doubt as to what that is, then you probably shouldn't post because you're probably going to post like a jackass.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
yayt00

Originally Posted by csnpsu
Hey what’s up guys got a quick question for everyone. Does anyone have a hitch on their G37 coupe? Also does it require you to trim or alter the bumper? I want to tow my Jet Ski but it seems most hitches I find are for the sedan and also require rear bumper modification. I would like a hitch for my coupe that does not require me to alter the bumper. So does anyone have the same situation as me? Can you help?
OP:

Any reason you'd be driving through Connecticut on 84? A friend of mine said he saw a G37 Coupe towing a jetski earlier today. All I could think of was this thread. haha
Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by yayt00
OP:

Any reason you'd be driving through Connecticut on 84? A friend of mine said he saw a G37 Coupe towing a jetski earlier today. All I could think of was this thread. haha

lol no, but you should have flagged him down to see where he got trailer.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 AM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by Black Betty
This seems to be a controversial subject. OP has stated that he doesn't care your opinions on the subject. He did not post asking "What do you think about putting a tow hitch on the G?" If he had, your opinions would be welcome. He asked if anyone had done it and if the bumper would require modification and for help. So if you can help with that, please do. If your only contribution to the thread is to tell him the idea sucks, keep it to yourself. If you think it's the most horrible thing you can do to a G, then keep it to yourself and don't post here because that's not what he asked. And please don't post anything else in this thread in such a way as to cause me to give infractions for you posting like a jackass. If you have any doubt as to what that is, then you probably shouldn't post because you're probably going to post like a jackass.

Thanks.
Thank you so much, i really appreciate this post.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
YooperTX

I had a local hitch place put a hitch on my G37S Coupe, no bumper modification necessary and it's barely visible below the license plate.

I use my G to haul my Mountain Bike to the trails around town. If you are considering a trunk mount bike rack I'd recommend against it if you love your paint job, it will scratch where it contact the paint.

My G is not a Garage Queen that only gets taken out as a fashion accessory, I love to drive it and hauling my bike to the trails is just another opportunity. Go for it.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Andy2482

So did you ever get the hitch installed? I was actually thinking of doing the same. Gonna buy a Jet Ski and dont wanna buy an SUV so why not just add a hitch.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:21 PM
bleleux3

I added a hitch for my dirt bikes. Have a little trailer I use to pull them.

G37 coupe trailer hitch-forumrunner_20140224_132026.jpg

Gonna change out the ball mount so it fits level.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Andy2482

If i seen that on the highway Id be impressed not embarresed of my G. Looks good.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Racindaddy

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I pulled a jet ski with a Honda Prelude for years with no problem. People would look at me really funny when I passed their slow a$$es. Pretty sure the G can handle a ski.

Quick Reply: G37 coupe trailer hitch