G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got rid of the 08 G37 Coupe......and heres my story

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Doc750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't even discuss the carfax, I would argue on the grounds of deception on the CPO certification
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I can't speak to it meeting their CPO criteria. According to his post he spoke to a manager who said the car was able to be repaired to meet the criteria. There's no manufacturer that I'm aware of who's criteria require it to have never been damaged. If they certified it when they shouldn't have, that's not a legal matter. That would be an individual dealership/Infiniti corporate issue wouldn't it? What CarMax or an independent mechanic say about it wouldn't really factor into it. If he wanted to escalate the issue with Infiniti Consumer Affairs that's a whole other thing than taking them to court. And possibly if handled in the right way they may decide to do something for him in the name of customer goodwill. But if the car met the criteria, even though damaged in a prior crash, he wouldn't be legally entitled to anything and would hope that corporate encourages the dealership to "do the right thing". And seeing as how he has traded it in and purchased a new car, I don't see much that they can do for him.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry bro, that sucks man to have such a bad expereiance! I know if it was me, well I couldnt say what I'd do here lol!

Originally Posted by VTCMart
Post the name of the specific dealership and salesperson on here. If they are going to run their business like that, you have the right to let everyone know to avoid them.
Totally agree! Reviews are no longer by word of mouth, they are done on the Internet. And a review on a forum like ours, will index quite well in Google. Today businesses have to worry about bad reviews online, they are a killer!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM
desertmike680

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks again for input guys. It definitely puts me a little at ease. I was told by the service manager, that the car's frame was repaired to manufactures spec at a shop in Arizona, and the car was bought at auction by the dealership here in Vegas and was able to be sold as CPO. Regardless, I still got F'ed
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
you didnt get that ****ed up... I bought a car with over 30+ warranty repairs which I did not know about up until I ordered all the paper work from Nissan north America , I had 3 clutch jobs one I had to pay for and over 10 clutch master/slave repairs... nissan North America wouldnt do anything for me because the vehicle originated in the USA and now the vehicle was In Canada... I get bent over and ***ked in my a$$... One of Nissan North Americas consumer affairs agents told me that something was wrong with my car but nothing has been done to date... just like BB said, you have to do all of your home work over and over again... good luck with the speed 3
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 AM
desertmike680

Wow thats crazy! So were both ****ed! Love it!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow op... i must give you props... i personally would have lost my s***... sorry to hear about your experience.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM
PeTeToTe
Registered Member

Zoom-Zoom, sorry to hear. Enjoy da Mazda
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 PM
desertmike680

Yup thanks to the situation, it has definitely put me in a financial burden.....damn it! Oh well. I couldnt see myself continously paying on a vehicle which had so many problems and was worth 12k less then what I owed. So a hit I took. What can you do right? I could only fight it so much. Pete, a really good friend of mine lives in Redondo, pretty close to the power plant and the pier. I was just down there last month.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
MPdesign

A very old man that was driving people to work from the service department - and had worked there forever said the most correct thing about it....

"If you go by any service department for any manufacturer, they have cars there and they are all full.

It stinks but every manufacturer will have a few bad cars come off the line. It happens to every manufacturer."

It is true. No-one has empty service bays.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
mtrsprt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never go upside down in a car loan. It's up to the buyer to make a smart purchase, and ALWAYS put a good chunk of money down. Banks hate this.......

I'm not sorry for you, for getting rid of the lemon coupe, but I am sorry for you having to suck up some upside down crap.

Never take a 6-7 year loan either. 4-5 years max will always keep you from going upside down, unless you put more than 15-18K miles a year on. Even then it will be close.

Even if you buy a $1500.00 beater to drive daily, it will pay for itself in the long run, by keeping the value of your nice car much higher with lower mileage. I just bought a 1996 Saturn SL2 that gets 36-38mpg for $1700.00. Now I can keep my coupes miles down to less than 5K a year, and save a bunch on fuel costs as well. It's a win/win situation. I also put $12,800 down on my G, and it will be paid off in 42 months. Bought it 4 weeks ago. I owe $20,200.00 on it and the clean retail is still worth $33,100.00 with 19K miles.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This sucks man. As most have said there really isn't much you can do. Did the dealership present the 1st page of the carfax as being the entire report, or did they say this is the 1st page (implying that there was more to it)? If it's the former than you could have some leverage, but if it's the latter than you're sol.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
jking

That sucks !!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12k under the water? How much that MS3 ended up costing? $40k? I too owned a speed6 before the G and it was a fairly reliable car. But it wasn't perfect. The turbo started to fail at around 44k miles and the left/rear power window stopped working. Oh yeah and it was ridiculous how it would eat a new set of tires every 10k miles. Also +1 on not modding it. Mazda will void your warranty if you have something a insignificant as a BOV upgrade.

But MS3's are a great bang for the buck. I'm waiting to see if the new gen MS3 will look better. And a temp gauge is a whole lot more useful than a boost gauge! Good luck.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:53 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by desertmike680
So after only having my 08 G37 Coupe Sport for 11 months, I had to call it quits and trade it in. Reason being: I was sold a lemon.(1)

At the time of purchase, I was shown the first page of the carfax,(2) which did post a score of 86, and of course convinced me that the car was in good shape. Hence I did not ask to see the rest of the report(3)
(1) - it was not a lemon! a lemon is a car with a problem that occurs 3 times due to poor manufacturing design/build. its a lemon if it takes them X amount of days to fix, and still cant get it right. THIS WAS A VEHICLE THAT WAS IN A SERIOUS ACCIDENT, THAT HAD ISSUES AFTER THE ACCIDENT; HENCE WHY ITS NOT A LEMON.

(2) - you were shown the first page of the carfax, and you missed the TOP PART ON THE FIRST PAGE THAT SHOWS YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW! AN EXCLAMATION POINT WITH ACCIDENT RECORD
(1st page to every carfax this one is clean)

(3) - you didnt do further research on this car, and got hit hard. lesson learned. its not infiniti's fault, its not that poor car's fault, its YOUR fault. yes the dealer was shady, and didnt disclose EVERYTHING to you - but they are not there to be your friend, buying guide, nor to hold your hand. If they took every customer and told them the about the amount of upkeep, poor resale value, prior damage, etc to every problematic car - they wouldn't be in business.

you bought a used car, and it had brake problems(from being driven), battery problems(from sitting around in the repair shop) = which are all typical maintenance on any car, even your mazda.
unfortunately, you hold 95% of the blame here. dont go around calling a once good car a lemon - just because you bought a wrecked car that was disguised as a perfectly good car.

Last edited by ImStricken; 04-06-2012 at 01:58 PM.