G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got rid of the 08 G37 Coupe......and heres my story

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Doc750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, but in the future and for anyone else reading this, the name of the game is persistence

It is a true pain in the *** to do. But basically you bring your car in for every little thing, every single time it happens and you have the dealer put everything in writing. Every time he says unable to replicate you take it to your private mechanic and have him write up what the issue is and what it costs to fix it (toss the mechanic some cash for his time as well). Then take that back to the dealer and tell them what the mechanic found, you also send a certified letter to Infiniti with copies of the dealers write up and the mechanics write up, and follow it up with multiple phone calls. Your going to have to do this for a 6-8 month period before you have enough evidence for a lemon case.

When I feel like Ive been cheated I tend to be a very vindictive person. I would get the newspaper and local TV involved and show them a clips of the issues and they're unwillingness to repair it. I would also be contacting local consumer groups. And finally I would pay a couple of people to stand on the sidewalk outside the dealership, every Friday Saturday, with big signs that read "so and so dealership ripped me off, ask me how" and have fliers made up for the people to pass out.

Also when you say it was certified, was it dealer certified or Infiniti CPO? There's a difference between the two and many manufacturers will not allow the car to be certified if it has/had body damage.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Damn man really sorry to hear that, An prps for going every channel you had before tipping 12k.. I had a similar issue with a used 330Xi I bought, Whole side of car was repainted fot a accident, Ended a little better cause they bought the car back.. BUT Sorry to hear you went with a MS3, get ready for the turbo seals to let go and do NOT mod the car, I had a intake on the car and turbo started blowing smoke. Dealer denied it for the intake( Said it caused over boos BS).. Sold the car to Infiniti when and got my coupe..
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc750
Sorry to hear about your situation, but in the future and for anyone else reading this, the name of the game is persistence

It is a true pain in the *** to do. But basically you bring your car in for every little thing, every single time it happens and you have the dealer put everything in writing. Every time he says unable to replicate you take it to your private mechanic and have him write up what the issue is and what it costs to fix it (toss the mechanic some cash for his time as well). Then take that back to the dealer and tell them what the mechanic found, you also send a certified letter to Infiniti with copies of the dealers write up and the mechanics write up, and follow it up with multiple phone calls. Your going to have to do this for a 6-8 month period before you have enough evidence for a lemon case.

When I feel like Ive been cheated I tend to be a very vindictive person. I would get the newspaper and local TV involved and show them a clips of the issues and they're unwillingness to repair it. I would also be contacting local consumer groups. And finally I would pay a couple of people to stand on the sidewalk outside the dealership, every Friday Saturday, with big signs that read "so and so dealership ripped me off, ask me how" and have fliers made up for the people to pass out.

Also when you say it was certified, was it dealer certified or Infiniti CPO? There's a difference between the two and many manufacturers will not allow the car to be certified if it has/had body damage.
Actually as long as there's no frame damage it can be certified by most manufactures. There's a big difference between frame damage and panel damage.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
desertmike680

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
It was a Certified Pre owned 2008 G37 Sport MT6 with 36k miles. Both driver side rims were painted due to damage and the paint came right off as well as damage was inside the door of the drivers side. Carmax found it immediately and showed me every detail regarding the damage and how it could have happened. Infiniti played dumb.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
desertmike680

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I love my Speed 3 and Mazda has no problems with intake and very minor bolt ons. But thats all I'm doing with it. I miss the low stance of the G37, the amazingly comfortable seats and the general look of it. I had a Mazdaspeed 6 prior to the Infiniti for three years, and it had absolutely no problems, hence why I went back to a Mazda.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
yayt00

That's a shame. From reading this I standby my opinion that you should never buy a car, that is not 100% brand new, from a dealership. It doesn't make any sense. They jack prices up way too high. Like your G which is about 3k above KBB of a mint G in that same shape, of course it wasn't mint so who knows.

Furthermore I've never spoken with a salesperson at any dealership that was truly honest with me. When I was on the search for my G I visited a dealership and purposely lied to them saying I hadn't seen the online ad for the vehicle. The guy proceeded to tell me the car was for 2k more than the online ad and when i tried to deal with him the "best" he could get it down to was 500 more than the online asking price.

The best thing to do is to get a mechanic to look at a used car for you, do your research and take your time. Dealerships are a bunch of crooks.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 PM
TwilightSedan

I didn't read your story.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TwilightSedan
Most useful member ever...... adds so much insight to the discussion lol.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
The WYH did you post anything in this thread?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
with all those problems i woulda f*cked up the breaks, and drove that b*tch right threw the dealership window and said the breaks failed..lol i feel your pain tho
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Mayu

Dont worry TwilightSedan - the story is about a great dealership named Tobin Infiniti in the Nevada area and they want YOU to come by and grab some of their great used cars! Happy motoring!

OP - sorry to hear and as someone else said, it is not Infiniti, its the scum dealership.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM
blackrocket

11 months !!!I would have made them give me another newer G!!!and most of ur money towards it!Hope your payment aint too bad.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Mayu
Dont worry TwilightSedan - the story is about a great dealership named Tobin Infiniti in the Nevada area and they want YOU to come by and grab some of their great used cars! Happy motoring!
good one

OP - sorry to hear about the lemon.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Doc750

Originally Posted by blackfunk
Actually as long as there's no frame damage it can be certified by most manufactures. There's a big difference between frame damage and panel damage.
The CPO vehicle came with a checklist sheet that was filled out by the mechanic who did the CPO certification. On that sheet it has boxes for damage on the panels, wheels etc, and it says "meets standard", I would then contact Infiniti and tell them I'm interested in purchasing a CPO vehicle and I was curious as the criteria for "meets standard" are, and ask them to email it to me.

I guarantee a car with extensive body panel damage, combined with mechanical, and electric issues will not meet standard. I would then argue in court that I was sold a vehicle that does not meet standard, and that the dealer intentionally deceived me. I would put the check off list from carmax showing all the damage, a detailed list of damage from an independent shop, the CPO certification standard from Infiniti, the individual check off list for the vehicle, and a stack of repair orders. Then let the judge decide. He doesn't even have to hire an attorney just do some leg work and show up in small claims court ($25 in court costs).

Again it's all about persistence, all they are going to do is stand there like a two year old and play dumb and just keep saying no. It's your money, and your principals that tell you to let it go or not. This guy lost $10k+. for that amount I would have been a continuous thorn in their side.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If the damage is listed in the Carfax report which they showed him prior to his purchase (he claims he didn't read past the first page) then there is no fraud and he made a mistake that hopefully he can learn from. Who doesn't fully read a report regarding condition of a used car they are buying? Guys who end up buying cars with damage. I'm not saying that to kick the OP, but he himself says he should have read the report. This isn't a case of him being lied to or shown a bogus report. He just neglected to read the entire report thoroughly and so he didn't know what he should have to make an informed choice. It is every much the buyers fault for buying this turd as it is the sellers fault for selling it to him. One could say even more so.

Quick Reply: Got rid of the 08 G37 Coupe......and heres my story