Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Yeah. Never thought it would happen

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
The same way if you happen to lose the lock key and need them removed. A garage would just ram a socket bigger on the lock and twist it out that way. I'm sure there are other types of extractors.

The only deterent is it will slow them down a little, which sometime means a difference on whether they want the hassle or not.

Cool! my 100th post...unfortunately at someone elses expense.
I lost the key to my locks on my Jeep. My buddy had the lugs off just as fast as if there were not locks on it. Sucks but if they have the right tools locks don't help.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
I lost the key to my locks on my Jeep. My buddy had the lugs off just as fast as if there were not locks on it. Sucks but if they have the right tools locks don't help.
So basically there is no way to shield yourself? If thieves want them, you're done is the vibe I'm getting...so frustrating. I sometimes leave my car parked in the driveway (garage is kind of tight) but will no longer after viewing these G's the last couple of days.

Fortunately, for me I have 2 Labs that patrol my house like hounds when I am in REM dream mode. One of my labs constantly looks out the window at all hours of the night at my driveway barking anytime somebody walks by (kind of annoying) but least I have that as another deterrent.

Would hate for me to be in this situation, but I'm armed at home..I hope I never catch dudes attempting this...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
There are many levels of theives. Ones that know what their doing and do their homework, then there are basically pranksters who probably do it on a dare or for the thrill and screw things up (back to the milk cart under the sideskirt and only take two tires post).

Depending on who is scoping out your car, locks can make a difference for certain those idiot types who have no clue. Professionals, you might as well just give them the emergency jack...oh wait they bring their own? Nevermind.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
R3al_L3git

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Theres been so many thefts lately... this is like the fourth post >.< sorry bro.... now im scared to put my rims on...
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by R3al_L3git
Theres been so many thefts lately... this is like the fourth post >.< sorry bro.... now im scared to put my rims on...
At least they only take the rims. I wouldn't want my car to be removed by a flat bed truck in broad daylight ever again. Imagine coming out to look for change in the car for laundry only to see scrap marks on the ashpalt where your car used to be parked. So much for sentry key and alarm.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
There are many levels of theives. Ones that know what their doing and do their homework, then there are basically pranksters who probably do it on a dare or for the thrill and screw things up (back to the milk cart under the sideskirt and only take two tires post).

Depending on who is scoping out your car, locks can make a difference for certain those idiot types who have no clue. Professionals, you might as well just give them the emergency jack...oh wait they bring their own? Nevermind.
Well put Ontario. I agree 100% with this.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Sky G

Yea, it's a gated community as well. And like most of you guys said, if they really want them, wheel locks won't be a problem.

I really hope my insurance helps me out on this one because my car is still sitting outside on cinder blocks until they can get an agent out tomorrow to check it out and then tow it to the Infiniti dealership. Though I don't know why they are taking their sweet *** time for.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man I had this happen to me.. I know the feeling.. best of luck to you buddy!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
bubba_jones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
How can thiefs bypass the locks? I bought my G from the dealer and the wheels had 2 sets of locks on each wheel...isn't that extremely difficult to steal? I keep hearing others say if they want it bad enough they'll get em...but how is it possible with multiple locks per wheel?
How do they? You ask. May I present...... wait for it.... .....
The Gator Grip: King Gator!

for only $30 bucks... i'm sure even the dumbest theif can do the math and turn a profit

this is by no means a DIY or guide to burglarize!

although if you try it please post pics or a video... of either
Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
So are insurance companies taking care of this or what? Has me worried, but will give me piece of mind knowing that I'll be taken care of just in case this happens...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 AM
jdmtz2

That sucks..
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
At least they blocked it up nice for u. Could have been like the milk crate thread. Sorry this happened man :-(
Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
Would hate for me to be in this situation, but I'm armed at home..I hope I never catch dudes attempting this...
Wonder what I would do if I was armed and caught some guys taking my wheels...thats not good for them

+1 for the blocks...milk crate sucks..that poor soul
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Sorry to see, hopefully you're covered by insurance and those douchebags get caught!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 AM
yevi

Sorry and good luck man

Quick Reply: Yeah. Never thought it would happen