Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Crash, Bang...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 AM
esquesk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude that blows so hard...

It's not all bad, you could file a claim for diminished value, pick up 5-7k extra, and throw it into mods :P

Maybe a blessing in disguise?

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...hed-value.html
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 AM
dudegetalife

sucks dude
Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 AM
mtrsprt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Bluetooth needs to be standard on all cars. Majority of the population uses smartphones with this capability. This can drastically reduce such situations and occurrences like this.
Unfortunately, this will not be the case still. If someone doesn't have the mentality and awareness to drive while talking on a regular phone, then handsfree won't help either.

I sometimes talk on the phone while driving, but my full awareness is that of the road in front of me, and all around me. Sometimes, if I feel like I need even more awareness, I will just hang up without even telling the person. Not everyone is created equal when certain humans breeds for reproduction.........
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 AM
mtrsprt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
OK - I'm just about over LA. 4 accidents since 2007 -
4 smash ups in 5 years..... None had a single thing to do with you??? I have heard that story so many times.

You should put yourself in a different type of driving mode then. Be more defensive, travel in safer lanes, leave more following distances, keep an eye on the rear view at all times when needed etc.........
Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mtrsprt
4 smash ups in 5 years..... None had a single thing to do with you??? I have heard that story so many times.

You should put yourself in a different type of driving mode then. Be more defensive, travel in safer lanes, leave more following distances, keep an eye on the rear view at all times when needed etc.........
You still cant win. I drive in the right lane a lot, keep within reasonable of speed limit, watch out for rear view, etc....."you just cant fix stupid" applies here. Someone else is bound to tag you no matter what.

And we are not supposed to worry about what is happening behind us...."sorry officer I sped up and hit the guy in front of me because I thought the person behind me was gonna hit me" is not a valid excuse!

Ive been hit twice in basically the same exact accident, and they definitely were NOT my fault....so it does happen (the classic turn left across 2 lanes of traffic without a signal and clearly without enough room between them and me before doing so......TWICE! I cant believe my bad luck)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCePtak0n
Bluetooth needs to be standard on all cars. Majority of the population uses smartphones with this capability. This can drastically reduce such situations and occurrences like this.

Sorry to read and see and hope you're okay physically...
Problem is, most people that are on phones are either texting or on facebook.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
The ironic thing is that the government can mandate finicky expensive sensors for tire pressure in the name of saving gas and the environment.

But they wont mandate bluetooth in all stock head units so people that have BT phones will automatically connect to the car to make/take phone calls in the name of possibly saving a bunch of injuries/lives/money (because of less insurance claims)

On top of that, how about disabling the handset completely once the car takes over BT.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
ParkStr8

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rather than be defensive - and then go offensive -

Let me clarify, and I'm 47 years old:

Accident 1: 2006 Volvo S60R - driving in right lane on way to freeway entrance, uninsured hispanic man literally runs out of parking lot without even slowing eating McDonalds.

Accident 2: 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - returning from a detail, and woman on phone, leaving her audition at Improve by my house, runs stop sign and tries to cross 5 lanes of traffic. She is visiting from NYC. nuff said. I got 7500 in diminished value from this.

Accident 3: Nov 2011 - 2011 Maxima Sport - taking a left after the light turned red ( a must in Los Angeles as most are unprotected turns), uninsured runs the red light in the far right lane..

Accident 4: see above.

Please explain how any of the above could have been avoided. On 1, 2, and 3 i swerved and still got hit.

But thanks for your support. Much appreciated.

Everyone else - you guys rock!

Originally Posted by mtrsprt

Last edited by ParkStr8; 03-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
ParkStr8

An update...this hit cost almost 12k in damage.

She hit me at an angle...so the entire frame rail had to be replaced. You can see the tear in the rear 1/4 of it - and this is after it had been pulled.

Will she ever be the same?

And all with only 1543 miles on it.

Attached Thumbnails Crash, Bang...-img_3453.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
MedusaG37S

Goofy broad smh....did the cop say anything to you about your tinted tail lights? I am asking because I've heard stories of how people used lawyers to flip the script and win accident cases because of it. They'll say something like "She was not texting, my client didn't know he was braking because of his tinted tail lights..."
Old 03-21-2012, 05:09 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
What sucks even more is that talking/texting while driving is against the law here in CALI but people still do it all the time.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
An update...this hit cost almost 12k in damage.

She hit me at an angle...so the entire frame rail had to be replaced. You can see the tear in the rear 1/4 of it - and this is after it had been pulled.

Will she ever be the same?

And all with only 1543 miles on it.

Well, on the bright side you can try and claim diminished value. A few K in cash might help you get over it

Cars getting hit is part of driving, unfortunately.

Like I mentioned before when someone's window blew up on my car, stuff just happens and we have no control over it. I still get worked up a bit once in a while when I think about it, but you just have to make the best of the situation, and realize that you will still be able to enjoy the car just the same when you get it back.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
daone101

My g has been hit twice. And broken into once. So I know how it feels :/
Old 03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
ParkStr8

RE: the tinted tails - my body shop guy removed the tint before the inspector could get out. We did it as a precaution. Also - the tint is the lightest grade...i did not and would not go dark for safety reasons.

The fact that there was so extensive of damage means she was going much faster than I originally thought.

Frame rail and rear floor pan AND entire rear quarter panel?

I just look forward to having it back. She is/was underinsured - so any action for my medical or diminished value would have to go through the civil courts. I'm still out on that one. I will probably persue at some point.

Thanks for the support, tho.

Last edited by ParkStr8; 03-21-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Texting/Internet while driving

Tinting tail lights

Once in a while I get to drive a beater '94 Suburban, it really is a gratifying experience. Attention all morons, go ahead and rear end me! Feel like using the merging lane to try and squeeze past a few cars? Wrong! But it does take me about 2.5 miles to stop from 60, so can't be too careful.

I just feel like a target driving anything nice in AZ.

Quick Reply: Crash, Bang...