G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Univeristy student buying a G37S 6mt a smart idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
KennyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whycry
Thank you all for the replies. I apparicieate each and every one of them. Im still making my decision as to what i want to get.
Does the g only get bad gas mileage if you floor it or in general? How much will i be spending on matinance
bad gas mileage in general

maintenance depends on your car's condition, lets see change a set of brake pads is about 500 bucks in dealership in toronto
Old 03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by KennyG37S
a set of brake pads is about 500 bucks in dealership in toronto
Wow. $115 for all Nissan Sport pads and DIY.... its easy....
Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM
MedusaG37S

Get the car if you can afford to take care of the maintenance (if the need arises) and the gas.

2 things though:

-You will have haters no matter if you are nice or not, trust me. Invest in a car cover.
-The titty rate is going to skyrocket haha ...be careful.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by MedusaG37S
-The titty rate is going to skyrocket haha ...be careful.

HAHAHA
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoThree
Wow. $115 for all Nissan Sport pads and DIY.... its easy....

For some people that works great..but for most college students, probably not.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Whycry

Originally Posted by TwoThree
HAHAHA
Haha
would be nice if that happens too.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:13 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by chlutz214
one time i hit a mustang for parking next to me lol.
And who said ****** bags only drove BMW's?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM
VTCMart

So if your Grandpa is so loaded why does he have to finance anything? i hope all your school and expenses are already paid for.

I find it asinine how many college students are on here bragging about driving new G's while I read articles about record unemployment among the recently graduated and the average recent grad has over $25k in student loan debt

Have fun digging those debt holes, your 18-23 years will be great but the 15 years after that will be regretful.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Ryuusei
Registered Member

If your grandpa is ok with it, go for it. Not the best on gas but the car is fun to drive. Remember its not really practical if you have passengers or plan to move some stuff around.
I'm selling mine just to get a 4 door for that reason only. Hate to sell but maybe one day I'll have another coupe again.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Whycry

Originally Posted by VTCMart
So if your Grandpa is so loaded why does he have to finance anything? i hope all your school and expenses are already paid for.

I find it asinine how many college students are on here bragging about driving new G's while I read articles about record unemployment among the recently graduated and the average recent grad has over $25k in student loan debt

Have fun digging those debt holes, your 18-23 years will be great but the 15 years after that will be regretful.
I honestly have no idea why he wants to finance. He does have the money.
Oh and my university is paid for.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
VTCMart

He must just like losing 4-5% of the balance annually that makes sense. Or he's not as well off as you think he is and can't cut a check for $30k.

But who cares about that right? YOU'RE getting a free car! Who cares how you get it right?

Be sure to call him in 20k miles when it needs new tires also, that will run you about $1000 minimum.

Expect about 20mpg around town with a heavy foot for premium gas at $4.09 gallon here (and that's in a cheap gas part of the country)

But seriously, why are you even asking us? Just do whatever the heck you want...

You should change the title of this thread to "university student looking for some hollow justification for having someone else buy him a car that doesn't make much rational sense given his current situation"

Originally Posted by Whycry
I honestly have no idea why he wants to finance. He does have the money.
Oh and my university is paid for.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM
revealer

The Lexus is350 is real nice luxury wise and engine wise
The g feels more powerful
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
mosspa

I'm a professor at Florida Gulf Coast University. I've been here for 3 years, and although I have access to faculty parking, it is rare and I often park in the student parking garages. I had a Saab 9-5 Aero, up until I bought my G37 last Friday. My Saab was in nearly perfect exterior condition (one stone ding on the drivers door that I used the paint tube that came with the car to touch up). I detailed it every 6 months. In the 3 years of driving it to school, I never got one ding. I have no hesitancy in driving the G to school.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by VTCMart

What a useless statment. I bought my daughter a car, I could have paid cash, but instead I put the car in both of our names, made the payments and paid her insurance. Why becasue the kid got full ride scholarships through college. I also did this as to give her a good start in life after school by having good credit. I didn't have to shell out a dime for room and board, for classes, heck they even gave her a laptop and printer. Then they gave her an allowance to get home for Holidays. So when someone like your self has no clue as to what the whole story is why are you making assumptions?

Now my daughter has been out of school for a few years, is a teacher with a husband who is an altheltic trainer and they have a good life. No school debts, now they have a bigger debt..................a house. Poor kid screwed up by letting me buy her a car for school didn't she................
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
What you are not understanding is grand parents often times want to do things for their kids/grand kids while they are still alive and can watch them enjoy it. My mom got so mad at me when I wouldn't take her money to make a recent purchase. I thought I was doing the right thing by turning her down. It turns out I pissed her off as she has plenty of money but wants to see the kids enjoy it instead of giving it to them after she is dead...........
Couldn't agree more, my family is the same way.
Although mom isn't rich by any means, she has done more than anyone in my life.
Op of your set on the g, go for it.
I'm sure when you graduate, you'll be ready for a new whip.