Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Goodbye G37 Community

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
lilenday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye G37 Community

So after owning a G for 6 months, I have decided to sell it. It was a great car and almost perfect car. But I always wanted a turbo car and being able to mod a lot on it. So I picked up an evo 8:

I want to thank you everybody for their help. Especially Bill@Bulletproof. He is the man if you have any questions. I still have my hks exhaust for g37 coupe laying around so pm me if you are interested.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You can stay with your evo. Not like we're going to kill you
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, try and not kill yourself in it though.. I've seen the video's you posted
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
DashKid
Banned

Congrats. Sad to see you go but I know that feeling of wanting an instant power car like an evo or sti. I actually drive my friends sti often and man I was inches away from selling my G for a sti.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lilenday
So after owning a G for 6 months, I have decided to sell it. It was a great car and almost perfect car. But I always wanted a turbo car and being able to mod a lot on it. So I picked up an evo 8:

I want to thank you everybody for their help. Especially Bill@Bulletproof. He is the man if you have any questions. I still have my hks exhaust for g37 coupe laying around so pm me if you are interested.
NICE CHOICE! I just saw a vid where they were running 1/4 miles and the evo did a 10.09 EASY! In fact, my bro's good friend has one thats doing low 11's with minimum work. G37's are not good cars to mod, honestly.

Here's the vid for inspiration:

http://youtu.be/wAZFbsmcB-o

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 03-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM
BlkG-37S

I was at this stage...wanted to go fast, wanted to go fast for cheap, didn't care about luxury, appearance, or name brand..so what did I do at 17 yrs old? Bought a Neon on Steriods called the SRT-4. Turbo-charged 4-cylinder that pleased my performance needs and competed heavily with the Evo's and STi's of the world...

But I got older, wiser, and my mind-set changed. Got tired of shaking windows and waking neighbors up with my 3" turboback exhaust... Got tired of the "roll" down windows in the rear, and more importantly...lost my desire for the need for speed.

Long rant short..don't know how old you are, but the Evo to me is a "kids" car. Bang for the buck performance vehicle that most kids in my little brothers high school drive. The G37 may not be built to go fast quick, like the Evo...but you might regret selling your G in time. Enjoy the blow-off my friend. I did before it got old...quick.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
^^People go through different stages, as did you.

Enjoy the new ride, man
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Its seems like you are moving backwards but I am sure you will love the car! They are peppy! Watch the tickets and be safe.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
I was at this stage...wanted to go fast, wanted to go fast for cheap, didn't care about luxury, appearance, or name brand..so what did I do at 17 yrs old? Bought a Neon on Steriods called the SRT-4. Turbo-charged 4-cylinder that pleased my performance needs and competed heavily with the Evo's and STi's of the world...

But I got older, wiser, and my mind-set changed. Got tired of shaking windows and waking neighbors up with my 3" turboback exhaust... Got tired of the "roll" down windows in the rear, and more importantly...lost my desire for the need for speed.

Long rant short..don't know how old you are, but the Evo to me is a "kids" car. Bang for the buck performance vehicle that most kids in my little brothers high school drive. The G37 may not be built to go fast quick, like the Evo...but you might regret selling your G in time. Enjoy the blow-off my friend. I did before it got old...quick.
Hmmm. This seems like a back-handed congrats, LOL.

Modding and a need for speed have nothing to do with age or maturity. Who knows what other cars this guy has in his garage. This is where we use "to each his own". The OP just said he always wanted a turbo car that he could mod heavily.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Tazicon
Its seems like you are moving backwards but I am sure you will love the car! They are peppy! Watch the tickets and be safe.
Not if he wants to go FASTER than a G37. It's a LEAP forward, LOL. A step back in LOOKS tho.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
sandocon

how much ru selling it for
Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Are you parting out at all?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
lilenday

Thanks guys for kind words. Right now I am happy with the purchase of the Evo. I came from 550i to is250 to g37 and now Evo. I know what I am doing and I don't need someone to tell me it is a bad decision lol

P Casey: I have HKS, Whiteline sways, Invidia test pipe and muffler delete pipes. Im currently too lazy to post anything for sale. But if you are interested you can PM me.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I want to thank you everybody for their help. Especially Bill@Bulletproof. He is the man if you have any questions.
Much appreciated, man. Enjoy the new ride and, even though it's not a VQ, don't be afraid to get in touch if you need anything. Happy to help...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
BlkG-37S

Thanks guys for kind words. Right now I am happy with the purchase of the Evo. I came from 550i to is250 to g37 and now Evo. I know what I am doing and I don't need someone to tell me it is a bad decision lol

P Casey: I have HKS, Whiteline sways, Invidia test pipe and muffler delete pipes. Im currently too lazy to post anything for sale. But if you are interested you can PM me.
lilenday, wish you the best my man. No back-handing congrats coming from me. Interesting pattern of cars you went through I must say though. Enjoy modding that Evo. Those things can really move, even with the basic bolt-ons.

It's your money and your decision. That's all that matters. Enjoy the car. PEACE

Quick Reply: Goodbye G37 Community