Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL rumor...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
This is funny, most of the sales reps I've dealt with are struggling to know their current products, the last thing I'd ask them or take into consideration is their insight on future products
Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This thread makes my head hurt. A bunch of arguing and no one has any facts. I think they will make a 1,000HP 6 door station wagon and it will only be availble in purple.

I agree with Sam. If an Infiniti sales rep is the only source of your information then I would disregard it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It would be nice to see an Infiniti IPL that has 400 underrated hp with direct injection and a turbo or two.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by trcb777
It would be nice to see an Infiniti IPL that has 400 underrated hp with direct injection and a turbo or two.
And people want an iPad with a USB & SD port too
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
This thread makes my head hurt. A bunch of arguing and no one has any facts. I think they will make a 1,000HP 6 door station wagon and it will only be availble in purple.

I agree with Sam. If an Infiniti sales rep is the only source of your information then I would disregard it.
Im sorry that CAR GUYS "arguing" about CAR STUFF (and respectfully) gives you a head ache, LOL

The thread says "IPL RUMOR" so all we can do is speculate.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by DashKid
How was the GT-R not made to compete with the m3? Have you not seen vids on youtube in Japan on the 5 lap battles? They raced an m3, gt-r, zr-1, porsche 911, and you can clearly see that the m3 was able to keep up on the turns but on the straights it would get blown away.

Also, the car prices are rising due to the world economy just going on a down fall right now. Cars are costing more to build, hence why the msrp and invoice pricing is going up. Once again people say 75-80k IPL is good and I say why not spend an extra 10-15k on a GT-R then? If you never seen a GT-R that car is more luxury then our G so why not spend an extra 10-15k to have something that will blow away the G at the same time have the luxury factor?

Why the M3? Why not the M5 or M6? Don't forget, Nissan didn't CREATE the GTR. They simply IMPORTED IT for the first time to compete with ALL supercars...(in my opinion)

At the end of the day we are arguing OPINION. But the FACT of the matter is, Infiniti can do whatever they want and charge whatever they want. If people have an extra 10-15k just laying under the mattress, they can opt to go GTR. If they can ONLY afford a 75-80k car, they can go with the Infiniti.

Either way NISSAN gets the mula, yeah?

FYI: Car prices ALWAYS increase throughout the model years. It has nothing to do with TODAY's economic climate. It's normal in the sales cycle. Any car salesmen can verify that.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:49 PM
2008G-Man

Who did Nissan import the GT-R from? I thought Nissan developed this in-house. Nissan is a global company.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Why the M3? Why not the M5 or M6? Don't forget, Nissan didn't CREATE the GTR. They simply IMPORTED IT for the first time to compete with ALL supercars...(in my opinion)

At the end of the day we are arguing OPINION. But the FACT of the matter is, Infiniti can do whatever they want and charge whatever they want. If people have an extra 10-15k just laying under the mattress, they can opt to go GTR. If they can ONLY afford a 75-80k car, they can go with the Infiniti.

Either way NISSAN gets the mula, yeah?

FYI: Car prices ALWAYS increase throughout the model years. It has nothing to do with TODAY's economic climate. It's normal in the sales cycle. Any car salesmen can verify that.
Not sure what you mean, but Nissan created/built the GT-R in its current form. The GT-R hasn't been available since the last Skyline GT-R, which was some years ago now. I'm sure it was on hiatus for a while. I'm too lazy to wiki it right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have heard this same exact thing. An IPL of any Infiniti model is not a bad thing. Hopefully IPL have more preformance in the future but at least its a start. Yes it's all just rumors but getting mad about IPL's is just silly. Get over it already.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Who did Nissan import the GT-R from? I thought Nissan developed this in-house. Nissan is a global company.
They imported the car from ....JAPAN maybe, LOL. First time being sold in the US, bro. The GT-R has been around since 1969 in Japan. I guess a better way to say that could have been, it's not a new car. This is the first model that they decided to sell in the US.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Tazicon
I have heard this same exact thing. An IPL of any Infiniti model is not a bad thing. Hopefully IPL have more preformance in the future but at least its a start. Yes it's all just rumors but getting mad about IPL's is just silly. Get over it already.
????????
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Not sure what you mean, but Nissan created/built the GT-R in its current form. The GT-R hasn't been available since the last Skyline GT-R, which was some years ago now. I'm sure it was on hiatus for a while. I'm too lazy to wiki it right now.
Nah thats my bad. I phrased that wrong. My point was that Nissan didnt create it just to go after a certain car like you mentioned (M3). It's an old brand that thy decided to bring to America for the first time to compete with WHOEVER. But we're beating a dead horse. One thing for certain is that we will see eventually what they decide.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Infiniti should produce a super car (aka Essence?). Even Acura brought back there NSX.

Just a thought
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
They imported the car from ....JAPAN maybe, LOL. First time being sold in the US, bro. The GT-R has been around since 1969 in Japan. I guess a better way to say that could have been, it's not a new car. This is the first model that they decided to sell in the US.
OK, you made it sound like some other manufacturer made the GT-R and NISSAN slapped it's logo on it
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by lier200a
Maybe Infiniti should produce a super car (aka Essence?). Even Acura brought back there NSX.

Just a thought
I totally agree.

Quick Reply: IPL rumor...