G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti just put my steering wheel on wrong!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aww guys I think we were a little harsh on him. I don't think he is going to be back on the forums post ever again.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
G37fanatic

Originally Posted by JOHNNYG37S2008
so took it to the shop to get my new steering wheel put on under the warranty,
Got it back and the wheel was not centered. find out like two days later when i actually saw it. So got a email to write a review and i put the truth about my experience there and got a call from the service advisor that was helping at the shop and said that i should of not wrote the bad review because it affects his pay, and should of let him know there. All i got to say i will not be going back there no more and for him to call me and tell me that, He can #$#$ OFF!
Just wanted to post this.

thanks for posting, I work in a customer service environment (AT&T) and as you would guess Mistakes happen and customers get upset, we do also have surveys that go out to base how we are doing (job/ pay effecting) If this was my store, I would also appreciate it if a customer had an issue after they left my store, to let us know and give us a chance to correct it, before giving negative feedback which greatly effects someones job. every one is entitled to their own opinion and you voiced yours which is absolutely OK but for the future think about it on their side as well, give them a chance to correct it before acting. just MY OPINION.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
you really think those little splines that you see on the G's steering wheel would hold the torque? When have you seen the splines not go all the way through the front and back? Have you taken a G's steering wheel off?
Arguing with this guy about working on G's/Cars is like arguing with

This guy

about Whipping Azz...

gnomesayin?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Gobbler Man

Though I think the OP over-reacted, I do feel that it is right to voice the quality of work preformed in the survey. It is true that people make mistakes, but the point of the survey is to get feedback about the quality or the worker. If the worker continually puts out poor quality, then the "powers that be" should know. The OP was lucky that it was an easy to see problem. Imagine if the worker had mis-threaded the oil nut. What if this was not just a mistake, but a repeated offense in quality. Thus the reason why it is good for the OP to be honest in the survey. If this worker continues to put out "mistakes" it should be noted, instead of covered up in reworks (which again hurts their bottom line).
Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
JOHNNYG37S2008

thank for everyones opinion!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JOHNNYG37S2008
thank for everyones opinion!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Wow. Hahahaha
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can I ask why you got the steering wheel replaced? My warranty is up soon so trying to get as much replaced as i can before its up.

also im thinking of getting the extended warranty
Old 02-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Himalaya
Can I ask why you got the steering wheel replaced? My warranty is up soon so trying to get as much replaced as i can before its up.

also im thinking of getting the extended warranty

Most of the time we get our steering wheel replace under warranty... because our cheap *** steering wheel bezel, the plastic part that covers the steering wheel buttons get scratched very easily. No they don't replace the bezel, they replace the whole steering wheel, and send it back to the warranty department.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:24 PM
v.b

one of the worst threads ever
Old 02-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

What about the little metal thing on the shift ****... mine is scratched up so bad... will they replace the little metal piece.

do they just replace the whole steering wheel because of the scratches? I dont have scratches but the leather on the steering wheel looks like its wearing down a bit.. if that can be an issue
Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM
mikeb2004

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think you " should of " let them fix it before writing the bad review.

BTW: It's "should have". Just saying. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Way to cork the spout Raul!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:43 PM
baileyrx

+1

Originally Posted by gobbler man
though i think the op over-reacted, i do feel that it is right to voice the quality of work preformed in the survey. It is true that people make mistakes, but the point of the survey is to get feedback about the quality or the worker. If the worker continually puts out poor quality, then the "powers that be" should know. The op was lucky that it was an easy to see problem. Imagine if the worker had mis-threaded the oil nut. What if this was not just a mistake, but a repeated offense in quality. Thus the reason why it is good for the op to be honest in the survey. If this worker continues to put out "mistakes" it should be noted, instead of covered up in reworks (which again hurts their bottom line).
+1.......
Old 02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
mikeb2004

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyrx
+1.......
+2

Putting on a steering wheel straight is simple. And there really is no excuse for a professional getting it off-center. Once you have changed a wheel once, you know how to do it right, and they should have testdriven the car to make sure of course. I understand the OP's disappointment about the situation, but keeping a good relationship with the dealer is profitable to the vehicle owner in the long term.

This issue would make me worry, "what else does that technician fail to do correctly?"

Quick Reply: Infiniti just put my steering wheel on wrong!!