Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

my 6Mt drivers I have a several questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Settle down Beavis. Fist of all I guess some here have a bad case of selective reading, so I don't have a choice to quote myself... Again.

I am well aware that the gas savings are almost NEGLIGIBLE, meaning almost insignificant just in case that's too big of a word for you. The wrong statement I wanted to correct is when it was said that coasting down in gear burns more gas. That is a WRONG statement. Just like how coasting down in gear puts more strain on your driveline is just as wrong of a statement.

In modern fuel injected vehicles, fuel is shut off while engine braking. While in neutral fuel is being injected to keep the engine idling. This is not a matter of opinion, this how it works. This is why I was clear to say that the gas mileage difference is negligible, and that I personally downshift because I like to be on the right gear just in case, not because I want to save gas.
You can save all of that BS that you have inside of you, little guy!!! LOL You are wasting your energy when you quote something that YOU DIDNT SAY TO ME! Are you even intelligent? Look at how you post on the forums. What's wrong with your life that you are so frustrated? You need attention? This is what you posted to me:

Wrong. It has been explained already but I'll give you the cliffs. When you coast down in neutral, the engine is at idle, when the engine is at idle, it's burning gas. When you coast down in gear, the fuel is shut off, Exept when the rpm's get low enough to the point the engine starts to stall. The only wear on the clutch is if the rpm's are not matched during the downshift, and even that is very minimal, nothing like the wear that happens when you take off from a complete stop. Of course if you downshift from 6th to second at 55 mph and let the rpm's drop to near idle then there's gonna be a driveline shock that will take its toll over time. But I'm sure that nobody here is dumb enough to do such thing.
I responded to THAT. So quote THAT!! Or better yet, don't even interact with me. I'm not into internet geeks. Thanks.

If you weren't so busy trying to be negative, we wouldn't have these misunderstandings on YOUR part. Thats what happens when you start off a reply with "wrong" in an attempt to look smart...especially when I was talking to the OP, not you. You must really be an emotional little guy...just mad because you're smallish LOL. I understand.

Now stop jacking peoples' threads by injecting NEGATIVE energy. Dang don't you live in Hawaii? Such a beautiful place yet such a bad attitude. Go climb a Volcano or something, LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
alikhan2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
OK Bro! Here is what I noticed (and this may be a little babying) but if I took it to 1000-1500 rpm and count "1" then let my foot off the clutch by the time I counted "2" it was smooth. So essentially around or a little less than 1 sec, there is no real jerking. Thats just for normal driving. But I don't really launch this car. If I did, I'd probably do that around 2500 to 3000 rpm.

The problem is the range that the clutch pedal has. There is a LOT of range which makes it difficult to judge when you can let you foot off. It's pretty unique to our cars but there is actually a fix that someone wrote a DIY for...something about replacing the spring. But Im getting ahead of myself LOL. See how that works.
I dont care about me getting babied at this point because I dont want to mess up the car. But Thanks for all the hep.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by alikhan2004
I dont care about me getting babied at this point because I dont want to mess up the car. But Thanks for all the hep.
HAHAH! Nah I didn't mean that I was babying YOU, bro! I meant that when I do this I'm probably babying the clutch a bit. My bad.

Let me know if it works out. You had a good question because when I first got my G, it took me a few times to get it. Its almost as if the car is ready to LAUNCH when you let it go.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:33 PM
1NEETO

You can save all of that BS that you have inside of you, little guy!!! LOL You are wasting your energy when you quote something that YOU DIDNT SAY TO ME! Are you even intelligent? Look at how you post on the forums. What's wrong with your life that you are so frustrated? You need attention? This is what you posted to me:

I responded to THAT. So quote THAT!! Or better yet, don't even interact with me. I'm not into internet geeks. Thanks.

If you weren't so busy trying to be negative, we wouldn't have these misunderstandings on YOUR part. Thats what happens when you start off a reply with "wrong" in an attempt to look smart...especially when I was talking to the OP, not you. You must really be an emotional little guy...just mad because you're smallish LOL. I understand.

Now stop jacking peoples' threads by injecting NEGATIVE energy. Dang don't you live in Hawaii? Such a beautiful place yet such a bad attitude. Go climb a Volcano or something, LOL
Funny how you accuse me of starting being negative. Let's put the whole thing into context and see who really started with the negative vibe.
Just a couple of notes:

NEVER ask about racing if you don't even have the basics of regular driving, bro! LOL.
IMHO, when coming to a stop, it's very easy to just put the car in neutral when you know that you are coming to a complete stop. You also get much better gas mileage as opposed to downshifting. You also preserve your clutch. The tricky part is if you have to put it back in gear (like if the light turns green before you come to a stop....). Only experience can teach you which gear associates with the speed that you are going. I will say that the G37 clutch isn't the best.
And here's my response to that:
Wrong. It has been explained already but I'll give you the cliffs. When you coast down in neutral, the engine is at idle, when the engine is at idle, it's burning gas. When you coast down in gear, the fuel is shut off, Exept when the rpm's get low enough to the point the engine starts to stall. The only wear on the clutch is if the rpm's are not matched during the downshift, and even that is very minimal, nothing like the wear that happens when you take off from a complete stop. Of course if you downshift from 6th to second at 55 mph and let the rpm's drop to near idle then there's gonna be a driveline shock that will take its toll over time. But I'm sure that nobody here is dumb enough to do such thing.
Tell me where's the negativity there? Because I said "wrong"? You made a wrongful statement (which I singled out by bolding it) and called you out on it. But now let's see your response to me afterwards:
Actually if we are going to debate, let's just be TOTALLY correct. I love the way you elegantly (but INCORRECTLY) typed "Wrong" and then yourself typed INCORRECT info.

Here is the Truth... THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN GAS MILEAGE... when comparing downshifting to simply engaging the clutch or drifting in neutral to a stop.

If you still think I'm incorrect put some money up and then go film your MPG gage doing BOTH.

And far as damage to your clutch, I will change that to wear on your drivetrain/engine...
Here you are pretty much trying to belittle my response to your WRONGFUL statement by typing your keywords in ALL CAPS. This my friend is when the negativity started. You said that coasting down in gear uses more gas and creates more tear and wear to your clutch which is not true.

If me calling you out on a wrongful statement means I'm being negative then you should check yourself. You shouldn't get angry just because someone corrects or disagrees with you.

Oh yeah, it is YOUR responsibility to put everything into context, that's why on my first response to you I said "it has been explained already". It was a hint for you to check previous posts so you could put into context the whole thing and so you could see exactly when do I stand on this issue. You failed to do so and got emotional because apparently you seem prejudiced towards me (by mentioning how all my posts are "negative") so you felt I was being negative towards you which I wasn't. At least not until you started with the negative vibe.

Aloha.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Wyldfyer

Funny how you accuse me of starting being negative. Let's put the whole thing into context and see who really started with the negative vibe.

And here's my response to that:

Tell me where's the negativity there? Because I said "wrong"? You made a wrongful statement (which I singled out by bolding it) and called you out on it. But now let's see your response to me afterwards:

Here you are pretty much trying to belittle my response to your WRONGFUL statement by typing your keywords in ALL CAPS. This my friend is when the negativity started. You said that coasting down in gear uses more gas and creates more tear and wear to your clutch which is not true.

If me calling you out on a wrongful statement means I'm being negative then you should check yourself. You shouldn't get angry just because someone corrects or disagrees with you.

Oh yeah, it is YOUR responsibility to put everything into context, that's why on my first response to you I said "it has been explained already". It was a hint for you to check previous posts so you could put into context the whole thing and so you could see exactly when do I stand on this issue. You failed to do so and got emotional because apparently you seem prejudiced towards me (by mentioning how all my posts are "negative") so you felt I was being negative towards you which I wasn't. At least not until you started with the negative vibe.

Aloha.

This was like yesterday lil guy. Stop being childish.(again) No one even has time to read all of that. Take care
Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
1NEETO

This was like yesterday lil guy. Stop being childish.(again) No one even has time to read all of that. Take care
Just because you keep calling me childish doesn't mean you're not being childish yourself. Children call others names and ignore the facts if those facts conflict with their views.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Wyldfyer

Just because you keep calling me childish doesn't mean you're not being childish yourself. Children call others names and ignore the facts if those facts conflict with their views.
2 days later and you're STILL going? That doesn't make you feel CORNY?

Apologies to the OP. Thread got jacked. SMH. Someone lock this PLEASE!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM
1NEETO

2 days later and you're STILL going? That doesn't make you feel CORNY?

Apologies to the OP. Thread got jacked. SMH. Someone lock this PLEASE!
You got owned, that's why you're trying so hard to hide that fact with the "bigger man" blanket.

Cheers.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Wyldfyer

You got owned, that's why you're trying so hard to hide that fact with the "bigger man" blanket.

Cheers.
I'm not the bigger man. Im the ONLY man here. Thats why you keep going even though I've tried to wrap this up... go ahead and take the last word, miss. Be careful though... I may type in ALL CAPS again. LMBO!!!!!

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 04-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
alikhan2004

HAHAH! Nah I didn't mean that I was babying YOU, bro! I meant that when I do this I'm probably babying the clutch a bit. My bad.

Let me know if it works out. You had a good question because when I first got my G, it took me a few times to get it. Its almost as if the car is ready to LAUNCH when you let it go.
Its all good about the confusion and thanks Wyldfyer for your technique I tried it for couple of days and it works good. Thanks again bro.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by alikhan2004
its all good about the confusion and thanks wyldfyer for your technique i tried it for couple of days and it works good. Thanks again bro.
awesome!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 AM
1NEETO

I'm not the bigger man. Im the ONLY man here. Thats why you keep going even though I've tried to wrap this up... go ahead and take the last word, miss. Be careful though... I may type in ALL CAPS again. LMBO!!!!!
Sure, you're the man.

Toodles.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:03 PM
mykke101

He was simply correcting incorrect information that seems to circulate when talking about MT. If you actually read the entire discussion you will notice the part where I mention with documented article proof that coasting in neutral does use more gas than coasting in gear (yes it is negligible).

You stated that coasting in neutral SAVES gas mileage, he pointed out you were wrong (which you were) and you got mad.

The only person that looks childish in this thread is you sorry to say.

FACTS:
1. being in the correct gear for you current speed is not only the right way to drive MT but the SAFE way.

2. Double clutching and rev matching are not NECESSARY but WILL save wear on you syncros thus saving you money and unnecessary wear to you clutch (rev matching IMO is defiantly necessary to minimize damage, double clutching is simply fun to do and makes for a quick and EXTREMELY smooth downshift.)

3. Neutral coasting >10-15MPH should be considered a no no to all experienced MT drivers.

4. Long live MT! Screw this semi auto double clutch transmission nonsense
Old 04-13-2012, 02:21 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

It's crazy that every 6MT thread ends up in a heated exchange... can't we all just get along?
Dang, I heard that somewhere... LOL
We all know MT's are more efficient (no disputing that) and to many they are more fun. We also all know that not everyone can handle a car with a MT, some people also just cannot keep a beat or sing a song... That's just how it is.
I love my 6MT, I have NO problems and have never traded or sold any of my cars (and I've owned many) without the original good working clutch (many over 100,000 miles).

I know, coasting is good but not always or in every situation.
I know, downshifting is good, but not always or in every situation.
I know, you need to be in Neutral and let your foot completely off the clutch (In an MT car) if you need to wait 10 seconds or more for a stop or something (or you will be changing your throwout bearing and blaming Nissan).

Original poster... There is allot more that you will figure out in time. Use common sense.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by mykke101
He was simply correcting incorrect information that seems to circulate when talking about MT. If you actually read the entire discussion you will notice the part where I mention with documented article proof that coasting in neutral does use more gas than coasting in gear (yes it is negligible).

You stated that coasting in neutral SAVES gas mileage, he pointed out you were wrong (which you were) and you got mad.

The only person that looks childish in this thread is you sorry to say.

FACTS:
1. being in the correct gear for you current speed is not only the right way to drive MT but the SAFE way.

2. Double clutching and rev matching are not NECESSARY but WILL save wear on you syncros thus saving you money and unnecessary wear to you clutch (rev matching IMO is defiantly necessary to minimize damage, double clutching is simply fun to do and makes for a quick and EXTREMELY smooth downshift.)

3. Neutral coasting >10-15MPH should be considered a no no to all experienced MT drivers.

4. Long live MT! Screw this semi auto double clutch transmission nonsense

And what do YOU look like RE-OPENING an argument that WAS over? Mind ya business maybe? I don't care about your opinion on who looked more childish. What was the point?

No one here got "mad". I even corrected myself and re-stated my point. But because I respond, Im "childish"? So he's not "mad" or childish by being a smart*** INITIALLY. But Im "mad" and childish by responding? Sooooooooo when a guy starts off a reply with "Wrong" and says things like, " you have selective reading", that's not a smarta** way to start what was SUPPOSED to be a helpful reply? And when a guy continues to try and argue while you are trying to end the debate, thats not childish? Ok I see the rules now... GTFOH

Some of you guys are really hilarious. You CAN'T be winning in the real world with these thought processes LOL.

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 04-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: my 6Mt drivers I have a several questions