Sponsored By:

Lease Turnover Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Mowbr4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease Turnover Questions

Hey Everyone,

So I am about to go on my second year of my lease with my beautiful G37x. However, I did have a couple questions as this being my first lease and how the closeout process works.

1. About 6 months ago I was in a car accident with my lease in which my insurance sent me to their Blue Ribbon Repair Shop that guarantees the work done. It was not an Infiniti Repair Shop. However, they did use OEM parts for the repair. I never told IFS about the accident thinking I didn't have to. Is that correct? Or will I have to pay additional fines/charges at the end of my lease?

2. This morning on my way into work, as I was parking in my garage, I didn't see a cement hump in which I grinded the bottom of my Front Bumper against. There is now a black streak under my bumper. If this is not repaired before lease end, will i have to pay for that as well?

Thanks so much everyone.
G
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 AM
qirex

1. Someone rear-ended me in my lease, got it repaired at some shop appointed by their insurance company and everything was fine.

2. If they don't see it, it shouldn't matter. I think they let <$500 slide. You get more leeway if you're leasing another car with the dealer.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Mowbr4

Originally Posted by qirex
1. Someone rear-ended me in my lease, got it repaired at some shop appointed by their insurance company and everything was fine.

2. If they don't see it, it shouldn't matter. I think they let <$500 slide. You get more leeway if you're leasing another car with the dealer.

Thanks for your response. I don't know why I worry over things like these. I read some other forums online that said if the repair company fixes it to original condition, it will be fine.

I saw something on IFS that said if in an accident, you need to call them for them to endorse the check. Didn't really understand that.

Any other opinions?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Mowbr4

Bump, anyone else?