Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wife's "New" Toy Comes Home ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
BrianSF-GA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tabbott
Glad you were able to find a clean one set up just how you wanted it. Congrats to the both of you!
.... thanks. The only option it didn't have that would have been cool is the Technology Package ... my wife liked the idea of the adaptive headlights and smart cruise control, but, that option was not not on the "must have" list.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by j23a45m
great find, good luck with her
... thanks. We have been waiting for the right one to come along and the wait was worth it.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by sled
How so?

How much?

New tires for mine soon.
The RE050A's were the original tires (TIN dated 2008) and they had 28k on them ... yes 28k!!! That goes to attest that this car was not abused. Anyway, with that kind of mileage they rode like a dump truck ... they were smooth on smooth pavement, but the slightest dip, bump or crack felt like there was no suspension on the car. A new set of Michelin's and it was better than a brand new G. There is something to the slogan ... nothing rides like a Michelin. Now, there are better handling tires out there and stickier tires out there, but IMO, there is not a smoother tire out there. Our previous "new-body" G35S sedan had a set of Falken ZX-912's and handled well and rode well, but again, NOT a Michelin.

I gave $1,100 out the door for the set not including a $70 rebate card that is on its way .... so $1,030! That does include a $50 credit for the rear RE050A's ... they had 5/32's left on them. I have bought many sets of tires and a few sets of wheels from my local Discount Tire ... great service and the manager takes care of us plus you cannot beat lifetime balancing. Even on drag slicks.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM
BrianSF-GA

New photos after tint & tires ...

Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
gimmeshelter67
Registered Member

Brian, I just got in my set of Tires from Discount Tire. I bought my car with 24K miles on it and while the tires were still good they road like a tank as well. My infiniti Dealer is putting the tires on today.

When I dropped the car off yesterday I got a good look at the tires. Impressive. I got the continental DWS in the wider widths.

Nice Rides between the G37, your Camero and H2... My brother has a mint condition yellow H1. Talk about a tank.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by gimmeshelter67
Brian, I just got in my set of Tires from Discount Tire. I bought my car with 24K miles on it and while the tires were still good they road like a tank as well. My infiniti Dealer is putting the tires on today.

When I dropped the car off yesterday I got a good look at the tires. Impressive. I got the continental DWS in the wider widths.

Nice Rides between the G37, your Camero and H2... My brother has a mint condition yellow H1. Talk about a tank.
... thanks for compliments. Like your brother's H1, our H2 is also a "tank", but it hauls great and is as comfortable as our couch without the big screen and surround sound. With a 6 mile trip to the office, the gas mileage is not a problem. We also are into bikes ... after racing WERA and tearing up the North Ga mountains on sportbikes, I have settled into a Harley Nightrod (VROD). Hell, the VROD is the quickest one they make. I would like to turn it into a Street Glide soon though. I use the same "name" on other forums, but you will find me most active on LS1Tech.com for my Camaro.

I am curious, Why is your dealer putting on your tires? Do you not have a local Discount Tire? The one thing you cannot beat is Discount Tire's lifetime rotation (if non-S) and balance. Is your dealer matching that?

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 02-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Regarding the conti dws, I've been reading on another forum about numerous complaints of cars pulling after installation due to lateral pull or push of the tire. Good luck
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
sled

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
New photos after tint & tires ...
Thanks for the pics. I've got 22k on my RE050A and will probably get a good 5k more. My RE050A's ride rough also.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:25 PM
gimmeshelter67
Registered Member

Part of my deal when buying the car was getting tires put on. I was either going to buy the OEM tires at cost or buy my own and have them put on there.

When I lived in Dallas, I always dealt with the same discount tire. I purchased several sets of tires for several cars. Never had a problem and was able to use the tire replacement on several tires for road hazard. Loved the service, and used the balancing and rotation services.

I moved back to Louisiana but there are no Discount Tires here so I just ordered them and had them put on.

I knew that I wouldn't need rotation because my rims are staggered.

So far I love the Conti DWS. There's a little more play than the OEM Bridgestones, but they handle much better in the rain and are quieter. I'm planning on a few trips to the mountains so I wanted to make sure I had snow support.

I'm thinking about getting a VROD actually. I'm selling my Honda Shadow and looking for something a little faster without going full bulletbike.

D
Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by sled
Thanks for the pics. I've got 22k on my RE050A and will probably get a good 5k more. My RE050A's ride rough also.
Once replaced and with new tires, it will be like having a brand new car.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by gimmeshelter67
Part of my deal when buying the car was getting tires put on. I was either going to buy the OEM tires at cost or buy my own and have them put on there.

When I lived in Dallas, I always dealt with the same discount tire. I purchased several sets of tires for several cars. Never had a problem and was able to use the tire replacement on several tires for road hazard. Loved the service, and used the balancing and rotation services.

I moved back to Louisiana but there are no Discount Tires here so I just ordered them and had them put on.

I knew that I wouldn't need rotation because my rims are staggered.

So far I love the Conti DWS. There's a little more play than the OEM Bridgestones, but they handle much better in the rain and are quieter. I'm planning on a few trips to the mountains so I wanted to make sure I had snow support.

I'm thinking about getting a VROD actually. I'm selling my Honda Shadow and looking for something a little faster without going full bulletbike.

D
We negotiated a similar deal where some of the price reduction was for tires.

For the last several years, Discount Tire has been very good to us and I give them all our tire & wheel business. At least when they can meet or beat Internet pricing which is always except drag tires. that is too bad you no longer have access to one. The manager was telling us the last we were there that the company has a sole owner and owns all 800+ stores .... no franchises.

We stuck with Michelins ... my wife loves the ride and the handling is great and since it is her car, well, it has Michelins.

We like our VROD. When my wife wanted to "enjoy the sites while riding a Harley" and coming off sportbikes, I wanted something with some power and handling. The VROD was the only one for and the Nightrod had mid-controls too. I have since moved the control to the front and my wife uses the mid-pegs as the passenger pegs. It's a nice bike, but I am thinking Street Glide now in my old age and we want to do more trips and rallies. Now with the 103's out, it will have to be a 2012 or a 2010-11 with the "Power Pack", i.e. 103. I would sure love something with a big bore kit or even a 103 with a bib bore kit. I still want some get up and go on my two wheels.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
mangoface

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
^^LOL, same here. I am actually glad I did not open this and see a giant black vibrator.
That's interesting because my last date commented on my G37s Coupe Black on Black as looking JUST like a Large Black Vibrator...

"Check Please!!"

-Mango-

P.S congrats on Wifeys New Toy..looks exactly like mine, your wife has great taste in toys.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
BrianSF-GA

Originally Posted by mangoface
That's interesting because my last date commented on my G37s Coupe Black on Black as looking JUST like a Large Black Vibrator...

"Check Please!!"

-Mango-

P.S congrats on Wifeys New Toy..looks exactly like mine, your wife has great taste in toys.
.... lol! I am not sure vibrator would be the word ... it is so smooth. Now, my black Harley is a different story.

She does have good taste, but I was pushing her toward a C5/C6 Z06 and then we could have a "share-me" toy!