Sponsored By:

Stillen Grill

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
clownshoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jujubii
i think it looks sick as well.
however, ive seen many pictures of them and it seems that some may come with a slight bend or distortion on the top bar. dunno why.

also, a quick search will tell you that the emblem with 5 x's on the back should fit fine. otherwise you might have to dremel it.
i assume they could not get the top screw into the top middle portion of the grill, it was a bitch to do.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
hywel

So heres my grill installed, with the aero bumper. I love it.

Installation was interesting, and I didn't like how the emblem fitted - just didn't feel secure enough - so I took some extra precautions with that, but it was quick and relatively easy. I took a bunch of pictures of the grill and how I modified the emblem that I'll post when I have a minute.
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Grill-img_0885.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
clownshoes

Originally Posted by hywel

Installation was interesting, and I didn't like how the emblem fitted - just didn't feel secure enough - so I took some extra precautions with that, but it was quick and relatively easy. I took a bunch of pictures of the grill and how I modified the emblem that I'll post when I have a minute.
thx for the pic, I have a Silver G37 with the same grill, but now I know how cool the aero bumper looks, i want one
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 AM
d4rkmasta

Originally Posted by hywel

looks good!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 PM
blacked_out

I just bought the grille and I'm so confused on how to get this emblem to fit... please help :-)
Old 04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
hywel

Here are the before and after pics of my emblem...all I did was just use my dremel on slim sticky-out-parts (that'd be the technical name for them). I may have gone further than I needed to, but it works fine. Note that I only did the two slim prongs on the right and left and left the top and bottom of the emblem intact - it's not clear in the after picture that the bottom of the emblem is still there, but it is. Top pic before, bottom after...good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Grill-b4nafter.jpg  

Last edited by hywel; 04-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Looks nice!
I had the stillen grill but excanged it to my emblemless grill. I like to swap parts time to time.

I guess you only ordered the front bumper and not the sides? Where did you order it from and how much. and which parts did you get? Front IPL bumper + fog light vents and pig tail? Thank you~ LP FTW!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
hywel

Thanks! I watch your mod log, you're doing some great stuff!

So the only reason I did the bumper only was budget - it was $283 from OrderInfinitiParts.com ($190 shipping) then I needed the fog lights which were $330 for the pair, about $35 for the pigtails and $100 for the washer reservoir.

I really want the aero sides, and a rear spoiler ... then there's the carbon fiber interior stuff ... this is a never ending quest ... just budget constrained.

Originally Posted by Kevalteam
Looks nice!
I had the stillen grill but excanged it to my emblemless grill. I like to swap parts time to time.

I guess you only ordered the front bumper and not the sides? Where did you order it from and how much. and which parts did you get? Front IPL bumper + fog light vents and pig tail? Thank you~ LP FTW!!!