Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Top Secret/AIT Front Bumper Question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by AUTOKITS-X
At the end of the day it is up to the customer if they want to buy original or replica parts. Our job is to provide customers with the best quality product, not try to compete with a company selling replicas, because replicas will always cost ALOT less money, but you will surely see the difference. We cant forget that cheaper isn't always better.

Some people will say, " Well why do you support AIT products?"
Originally, we were selling those bumpers, but disclaimed to the customer that the product is a replica and the fitment is not the best. We will need to update our website with the new products and take off any other replica item(s), because we understand how selling replicas affects other companies.
I hope the other companies dont take me wrong, everyone is free to do as they please, but we would like to see more companies making their own designs, and products. That would give the customer a greater variety to chose from, and ultimately get more customers in the future.
This year Autokits X will be producing alot more original parts for the enthusiasts.

I'm just sharing my thoughts and opinions. Please dont think that we are hear to bash any company, or put anyone out on the spot. We speak for ourselves when we say that we are here to grow and continue to develop our own products to give the enthusiasts more of a variety.

Thanks,
Autokits X
It is clear that you have plenty of supporters on this site. If you are, in fact, going to make an effort to distance yourself from replicas and knock-offs, I will be the first to applaud you.

However, when I log on to your website and see all the products you are selling, I see Top Secret, Chargespeed, INGS+1, VeilSide, Nismo, Impul, Kenstyle, Kuruma, etc... All knock-offs. Then I see TS-P and AIT. Further, I browse through the vendor section of this forum and I see threads like this one: https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...-autokits.html, where you are advertising Seibon, VIS, Extreme Dimensions, etc...

Virtually everything you are selling is a stolen design. You are putting money in your pocket by selling knock-off products. People here are humping your leg for the words in your post, but all it takes is a visit to your website to see that you are not, in fact, doing the consumers any favors. You may have some people fooled, but the reality is that Autokits-X is just as much of a contributing factor to the destruction of JDM in the US than anyone else selling replica and knock-off parts. Just because you have a handful of original designs for the G, does not make AK-X superior to any other company that profits from the undermining of the original, innovating companies with the sale of knock-off and replica parts.

If I am mistaken in any way, please shoot me a PM and explain the stance of Autokits-X. I am an open, civil person. I will be happy to read. However, until I see those parts (where you use the original Japanese company's name) removed from your website and no more forum threads advertising the sale of knock-off and replica parts, I will certainly not be one of the people on this forum patting you on the back.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Auto Kits, although I never ever bought parts from you, from being deep in the industry my advice is just simply keep doing what your doing, don't worry about if its replica or not replica, as long as the customer whom purchase from you is happy, and the product looks good, and your happy, that's all that matters. It's simply business, and just because someone buys a replica doesn't mean they're not a enthusiast also, for 1/10 customers theres going to be that one person whom just doesn't like replicas, oh wells. People whom make replicas I respect as you defend your company in a positive aspect, but I would just go, yeah we can make replicas....... and what? Don't like it, I don't care, don't buy it I know it's hectic, but pretty soon people who hate replicas will end up just buying replicas, because the market WILL change. I was one of them, hate to say it lol and people whom don't respect replica parts for whatever reason I truly understand how you feel, but just simply don't buy it, debates will only go so far, because the noobs will listen, but people will still buy replicas and the companies will always be selling replicas and life goes on. One car generation of modding to another. As long as it fits the 3 criterias, fits good, looks good, price is good.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Auto Kits, although I never ever bought parts from you, from being deep in the industry my advice is just simply keep doing what your doing, don't worry about if its replica or not replica, as long as the customer whom purchase from you is happy, and the product looks good, and your happy, that's all that matters. It's simply business, and just because someone buys a replica doesn't mean they're not a enthusiast also, for 1/10 customers theres going to be that one person whom just doesn't like replicas, oh wells. People whom make replicas I respect as you defend your company in a positive aspect, but I would just go, yeah we can make replicas....... and what? Don't like it, I don't care, don't buy it I know it's hectic, but pretty soon people who hate replicas will end up just buying replicas, because the market WILL change. I was one of them, hate to say it lol and people whom don't respect replica parts for whatever reason I truly understand how you feel, but just simply don't buy it.
Brilliant. Exactly how "deep in the industry" are you? Your lack of knowledge is clearly evident with this post.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

yeah i guess im just stupid and i dont know anything then. I don't have to prove anything to you, if you want to think im full of it, no problem. I'm too lazy to even try to debate to someone on a myg37 forum. But then again there is no debate here. I do understand you have a problem with companies making replica parts and knock-off parts of original JDM companies.

But being a positive person and thinking in others shoes, everything you said makes total sense and I respect what you are trying to say and I understand what you mean
Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

btw i was speaking to auto kits in general for the first parts, not you, so dont try to take anything as personal.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Jadex153

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the unsheathing of claws begins. Guys, I really think this is one topic that we will simply have to agree to disagree. Given the sheer number of threads and ugly, hurtful words on this topic alone is enough to bring that point home, IMHO.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Not from me lol i dont have enough passion for this subject lol nice bumper btw jade. There is never a fair grounds for this debate, it always been like that, seen it all I just read and enjoy. ALot of GREAT points from both sides
Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadex153
And the unsheathing of claws begins. Guys, I really think this is one topic that we will simply have to agree to disagree. Given the sheer number of threads and ugly, hurtful words on this topic alone is enough to bring that point home, IMHO.
Yeah It really comes down to that. The debate of JDM vs replica will never stop.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Jadex153

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadex153
Thanks for the kind words, bro.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
yeah i guess im just stupid and i dont know anything then. I don't have to prove anything to you, if you want to think im full of it, no problem. I'm too lazy to even try to debate to someone on a myg37 forum. But then again there is no debate here. I do understand you have a problem with companies making replica parts and knock-off parts of original JDM companies.

But being a positive person and thinking in others shoes, everything you said makes total sense and I respect what you are trying to say and I understand what you mean
I understand, man. I never said you were stupid, either. Believe me, I know that I am not going to convince everyone that putting money into the pockets of these companies that blatantly and insolently rip off the true innovators of the industry is only harming the industry for the rest of us. Some people just don't want to believe it. Others are simply content cutting corners on their projects.

My point with the post above is that all the companies that profit from knock-offs and replicas would be perfectly happy if every consumer believed they were acting in our best interest when, in fact, they are doing the exact opposite. You state that everyone will be buying replicas sooner or later. Take a minute to think of that statement. If the companies in Japan that do all the work continue to refuse to put out parts for fear of having their designs stolen within weeks of offering them to the public, what will these companies you defend have to knock off? It is nothing personal, but, simply, your logic is flawed. And the facts are right there in front of us. Look at AK-X's website. Look at the original parts upon which the financial success of BAUS Auto thrives.

I do not have a personal vendetta against any person who fakes the funk or rocks replica parts on their car. Simply, as I stated above, I believe in paying credit where it is due. I also believe in refusing to praise those cars that have cut corners because, in doing so, we are perpetuating the notion that it is okay to rip off the true innovators of our industry. At the end of the day, I respect JDM. I do not want to see it destroyed by the hands of these self-serving companies.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ do you still talk to the bulletproof guys? If so I need a favor PM me plz thanks.

.......Carry on men
Old 01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I understand, man. I never said you were stupid, either. Believe me, I know that I am not going to convince everyone that putting money into the pockets of these companies that blatantly and insolently rip off the true innovators of the industry is only harming the industry for the rest of us. Some people just don't want to believe it. Others are simply content cutting corners on their projects.

My point with the post above is that all the companies that profit from knock-offs and replicas would be perfectly happy if every consumer believed they were acting in our best interest when, in fact, they are doing the exact opposite. You state that everyone will be buying replicas sooner or later. Take a minute to think of that statement. If the companies in Japan that do all the work continue to refuse to put out parts for fear of having their designs stolen within weeks of offering them to the public, what will these companies you defend have to knock off? It is nothing personal, but, simply, your logic is flawed. And the facts are right there in front of us. Look at AK-X's website. Look at the original parts upon which the financial success of BAUS Auto thrives.

I do not have a personal vendetta against any person who fakes the funk or rocks replica parts on their car. Simply, as I stated above, I believe in paying credit where it is due. I also believe in refusing to praise those cars that have cut corners because, in doing so, we are perpetuating the notion that it is okay to rip off the true innovators of our industry. At the end of the day, I respect JDM. I do not want to see it destroyed by the hands of these self-serving companies.
I believe the roots of the replica industry goes far beyond that.

- The parts must be shipped to the US. Anyone involved in import/export knows how much the transportation, port, duties/taxes/excises, and time costs.

- The companies doing this typically have an exclusive distributorship contract. On top of the costs, they typically can artificially inflate the prices on the market since they essentially are at the top level in North America and and command whatever price they want. They make a lot more than you think.

- The exchange rate with the Yen is flat out scary. A few years ago, the rate was roughly 100Yen to 1 USD. Today, it's about 77Yen to 1 USD. That alone raises the cost of parts nearly 30%.

- Meanwhile, people are willing to work for less. Meaning, replica parts can be produced cheaper.

- Most people have not owned authentic parts before, and cannot differentiate between what is normal, and what is not normal fitment. Authentic parts fit 100% every time, just like OEM. How do I know? I own authentic parts and never had an issue.

- Just how pirated movies/music/software is accepted, replica parts are too. The hardcore authentic parts people are a small minorty.

- People do not understand the pros/cons and differences of FRP and Poly, just how they don't understand the differences between different methods of CF. They wonder why an Authentic CF part can cost 15k, when the replica costs 700.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ I don't know man.. At what point do the companies supplying US replica companies get the blame? A certian vendor here has knocked off every single G35 JDM kit, and I'm pretty positive on where he buys his kits since he's in so cal, along with Seibon, AIT & VIS.
As an importer high in the JDM scene shouldn't you take some responsibility for this? (your opinion please)

Secondly to say everything JDM fits 100% that's not true, every single one of my 3 Top Secret carbon fiber diffusers had small flaws right out of the box from Japan. Contact DTM Autobody & Supreme Power in OC if you need a professional reference.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Top Secret's stuff hasn't been up to snuff for the last few years... they're hurting.

It's all about supply and demand. If the demand is there, someone will supply it, if its possible. That's where the replica market came in.

How many people here would accept a replica iphone for $50?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wish a US company would start making parts... But all they do is make knockoffs.... I remember when I was shopping around to see who would be willing to make a front lip for the g37 sedans it was going to cost me around $6k cause I would have to pay for R&D, then the mold, then the prototype, and then the actual lip. If I have to wait another year for someone to make one for the newer front ends, I might just do it. I've also contemplated buying either the authentic JP Vizage or Top Secret front lip and custom installing that to the non-sport front end.

Quick Reply: Top Secret/AIT Front Bumper Question!