Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Top Secret/AIT Front Bumper Question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadex153
Lol, then the same could be said for buying every day generic brands such as Walgreens brand Acetaminophine (advil) or Omeprazole (prilosec). Why do we do such things? Because why pay $20 dollars for something with a brand name when a $10 off brand will clear those ugly symptoms up just as fast.
Tell me, when you get prescriptions, do you go with the generics like 98% of American capitalists or do you break the bank 'getting the original'?

Seriously not trying to be a d!ck, but this issue of trying to make the rest of us feel like criminals and dirt bags because we refused to be ripped off by the Japanese 'Gods of Fiberglass Aesthetics' comes across as more than a little pretentious and snobbish. If you want to buy JDM, then by all means. No one is going to think less of you. But if you think that anyone other than those in the 'JDM ONLY' club are going to chime in with the diminishing of a beautiful car, then you're more than likely going to be mistaken.

@xlack I assure you, sir/ma'am, that I am indeed ahead of the game. Because as of tomorrow afternoon, the front end of my car is going to be an Authentic thing of beauty that cost me only $800.00 round trip. And that's even with the over paying at the body shop.
Generic brands and replica parts are completely different topics.

The brand name versions were protected before the generics can get onto the market. Case in point: Lipitor.

Do some research.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 PM
jetg37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up my car from the shop a couple of hours ago. When my fiancee' dropped me off, I walked up and took a good look at her. I was quite satisfied with the work. While I was inside finalizing my transaction, I glanced behind me, and through the window, I noticed one of the body shop guys with a professional grade camera taking pictures to put up on their website. They said it was the first car that they felt the need to photograph. Anyway, they emailed them to me so, as promised, I now bring them to you. I will take more detailed shots of the seems and such at a later date. But for now, this is what I've got....

Do you have any Picture of the product UNPAINTED?

Last edited by jetg37s; 01-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I just picked up my car from the shop a couple of hours ago. When my fiancee' dropped me off, I walked up and took a good look at her. I was quite satisfied with the work. While I was inside finalizing my transaction, I glanced behind me, and through the window, I noticed one of the body shop guys with a professional grade camera taking pictures to put up on their website. They said it was the first car that they felt the need to photograph. Anyway, they emailed them to me so, as promised, I now bring them to you. I will take more detailed shots of the seems and such at a later date. But for now, this is what I've got....

DSC_0005.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0007.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0008.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0009.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

Honestly I can't tell the difference between my authentic front and yours, your goal was successful, but....... needs moooore lowwww ditch the eibach ! Lol j/k Good luck with your project man.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DSC_0005.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0007.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0008.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

DSC_0009.jpg picture by USS_Stormfury - Photobucket

it does fit pretty good! couldn't tell between mines and yours from the pic's. congrats! only issue i see is the little gap on your chrome grill
Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Jadex153

Guys, I really appreciate the compliments. This is my first body kit on a car so I've been driving soooo carefully all day. The guys at the shop were all aware of my noob-ness so they were all crowded around me giving me tips on how to handle speed bumps, driveway humps and all that racket. So far, no problem.

@ Jetg37s: Believe it or not, if you go into the Vendor section under Exterior/Interior section, Eric from Baus put up several pics of the unfinished bumper and they are pretty much dead on to what I got. I only got to glance at it briefly in its unfinished state and didn't have a chance go grab any pics. I wish I had though lol.

@ RYs06MT: Thanks bro, those words mean a lot. As far as the springs go, I really REALLY want to take it down about another inch, but South Carolina does such a **** poor job of taking care of its roads that it would mean certain doom for my undercarriage. Not to mention the hell that it would put my body kit through lol. The eibach's will just have to do until I can afford a good air suspension kit.

@ Weiboy718: Thanks for the kind words, bud. I don't know what it is about that photo, but if there's a gap there, then it must have been captured at exactly the right angle. Because otherwise, that thing looks flush! Not kidding. That picture would seem to say otherwise, sadly. However, I will go back tomorrow when there's daylight to do a closer inspection. I will report my findings when I do.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Dam it looks pretty good.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Haha, OP's prolly like, what the h e l l??? I asked how AIT fitment was and this is what I got?!?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Haha, OP's prolly like, what the h e l l??? I asked how AIT fitment was and this is what I got?!?
Well the OP question has been answered and he was supplied some additional info
Old 01-14-2012, 02:39 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Although quality is one of the main arguments that often comes up in this debate, to many people, it is not an issue of quality. I am the first to admit that there are some replica parts out there that are very well-made. To some people, that doesn't matter. I am a fan of all that is JDM - not just the parts, but the culture. To some people, the issue is more about principles, ethics, and morality than it is about the quality of the parts. It's simple. There is very little passion, dedication, or respect to the true pioneers of the industry when a design is stolen for the sole purpose of turning a profit. There is no risk; no originality on the part of these knock-off companies. Would these diffident and recreant replica companies be in this industry if they were not cashing in on the work of the real innovators and skilled Japanese tuning companies? If they truly had the well-being of the consumer at heart, as they would love you to believe, why won't they provide the community with more options by producing some of their own original designs? Amuse, INGS+1, Impul, Nismo, C-West, Chargespeed, VeilSide, Vertex... Those are just a few of the big, legitimate, well-respected Japanese tuning companies that BAUS ripped off before they decided to steal Zele's G37 aero design.

One should also take into account that among the main factors that contributes to making a business successful is branding. Branding and identity is virtually essential in this day and age for a business to maintain status and longevity. We all understand that if we are paying for a high end brand name, we are to expect the high end price tag.

If it weren't for the real, legitimate companies with the passion, talent, ingenuity, expertise, and moxie to create the original designs, these knock-off companies that feign superiority would not be around. These companies would like everyone to believe that they are the saviors of the tuning industry, saving the consumer money by providing a copied product, when, in reality, they are only further driving the tuning industry in the United States into the ground.

To address the question about the "tens of thousands of dollars" - For the sake of the argument, it may only cost $XXX to manufacture a product. But, then, what about the capital that is invested into the design? Research and development? Materials? Craftsmanship? Ingenuity? It seems as though people selfishly quantify differently by way of, "What is valuable to ME?" as opposed to considering the elements of what is actually necessary in developing and manufacturing a high quality product. Thus, why I stress that people are free to spend their money however they see fit. Simply, I am a firm believer in paying credit where it is due.

It is easy for a company like 180Customs, for example, to advertise their $500 copy of a Top Secret product and say that Top Secret is overcharging you by pricing their lip at $1,000. However, people do not consider that proper design, tooling, researching, and prototyping is necessary in creating a quality front bumper. I am not making those numbers up. If, somehow, the original, innovating companies could employ the same business model as the replica companies of simply copying a design, then, yes, costs would be significantly less. If I could show you quotations from some of these Japanese tuning shops, I would. I will tell you, from first hand knowledge, that when these Japanese part designs are copied, the first place those companies look to find out who and how is the United States. We have companies like BAUS, Shine Auto, AIT, 180Customs, etc... to thank for that. It is truly a sad state of affairs for JDM in this country.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:58 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All I got to say, is coming from my350z and g35driver, give it a few years and you'll only see nothing but replicas on this forum. It's the way of the car industry, one will say you get what you pay for and the replica are from thieves, and the others will feel thieves saves me money and it still looks good so I'd take it! It's all on how you choose to see it. In the end the only person that will really care is the people whom you want to care and yourself, and regardless it will still look good. Look at the ait ts stuff, man I got so much props for that Im glad I didnt buy authentic. But people who did? Cudos and props to you for doing so also. Both sides has its win.

As for the ait ts, I am selling my rear and sides 100% fitment. PM ME.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread actually turned out positive and contained alot of good point making. Pretty good civil debate for a forum haha
Old 01-14-2012, 04:09 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
seriously... lol
Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lol, then the same could be said for buying every day generic brands such as Walgreens brand Acetaminophine (advil) or Omeprazole (prilosec). Why do we do such things? Because why pay $20 dollars for something with a brand name when a $10 off brand will clear those ugly symptoms up just as fast.
Tell me, when you get prescriptions, do you go with the generics like 98% of American capitalists or do you break the bank 'getting the original'?

Seriously not trying to be a d!ck, but this issue of trying to make the rest of us feel like criminals and dirt bags because we refused to be ripped off by the Japanese 'Gods of Fiberglass Aesthetics' comes across as more than a little pretentious and snobbish. If you want to buy JDM, then by all means. No one is going to think less of you. But if you think that anyone other than those in the 'JDM ONLY' club are going to chime in with the diminishing of a beautiful car, then you're more than likely going to be mistaken.

@xlack I assure you, sir/ma'am, that I am indeed ahead of the game. Because as of tomorrow afternoon, the front end of my car is going to be an Authentic thing of beauty that cost me only $800.00 round trip. And that's even with the over paying at the body shop.
I was going to keep my mouth shut till I saw this stupidity. The only reason that the store brands even exist is because the patents on the original had expired. They also do not have the EXACT ingredients as the original and act differently. If you dont think so, please go take a chemistry class.

I also saw u commented that store brand foods taste the same, if you believe that also I advise you to go see a doctor cause they never taste the same, not on anything. They also buy their ingredients from the cheapest sources they can get.

If you haven't noticed yet, not many companies are willing to make parts for the G37 and you helped contribute to the reason why. I've contacted numerous companies to see if they would, and a majority said that after the Top Secret incident and everyone copying their design that they don't want the same thing to happen to them. If you think the price of the original part is too much, then you don't need the part. Like I said, replicas contain subpar materials to get the most in return for their stolen product.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Jadex153

^just stfu....
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am exhausted after reading this thread. Informative to noobs such as myself. Good debate.

Quick Reply: Top Secret/AIT Front Bumper Question!