G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Definitely got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
apcrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot...

I was inside Wal-Mart doing some shopping and when I returned to my car I saw this dent. Someone hit me from behind and then drove off. No insurance left at all. I am pretty upset. I don't have a whole lot of extra cash laying around so I'm not gonna get it fixed right away. Any advice here fella's?
Attached Thumbnails Definitely got hit in the Wal-Mart parking lot...-infiniti-dent.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by apcrump
I was inside Wal-Mart doing some shopping and when I returned to my car I saw this dent. Someone hit me from behind and then drove off. No insurance left at all. I am pretty upset. I don't have a whole lot of extra cash laying around so I'm not gonna get it fixed right away. Any advice here fella's?
If you don't have any cash you should claim it on your insurance being that you have a $200 dect like I do but if not than you would have to wait.

Also, where did you park your car? I always park my car at the very back where there are no cars cause it does not hurt to walk.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Go inside, be very nice/polite. Ask the Wal-Mart (General Manager) Not some underling that wants to be important, if the security cameras they advertise are in use and recording. (almost every wally world I have been to has the signs in the parking lot saying (you are under surveillance)
Also call the police and report a hit and run, thats exactly what it is. If the info is available from Wal Mart then provide it to the police. Possibly they can see who walked form the register to the parking lot and got in the car. If they can they can pull the register tape from the register, find the transaction time and pray the payed with a CC or debit card. If so, you have your culprit. If you are a d*ck to the manager, well, good luck getting anything...
Old 01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
File a police report, Walmart will be much more willing to review the cameras for that night if you have one. Do it soon as the loop their cameras and they don't have the footage very long, at least at the ones my wife has worked at. You might have a week.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

I was inside Wal-Mart doing some shopping and when I returned to my car I saw this dent.
have some compassion! how do you expect these two to get out of their car and fit?
(picture courtesy of <cite>peopleofwalmart.com</cite>)
Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
gooddeal

I wouldn't do anything for that small touch. Someone just hit my 2010 Altima on the rear quarter panel. The dent is about 6 inches. I didn't do anything b/c I think the possible bad impact from carfax is far more than just paying for the repair from my own pocket.

Last edited by gooddeal; 01-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DashKid
If you don't have any cash you should claim it on your insurance being that you have a $200 dect like I do but if not than you would have to wait.

Also, where did you park your car? I always park my car at the very back where there are no cars cause it does not hurt to walk.
Yes, I park far away too, walking is good. Been through this stuff in the past. Some people just can't drive forward, and are dangerous in reverse.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
apcrump

Well, to answer some of the replies. I went back in and asked about footage. (very politely I might add) I was told that it was looped and not recorded....WTF. This is a very shady Wal-Mart. They actually close at 12 pm and open up at 6 am.

Also, when I said cash I meant I don't have the extra $500 laying around. I don't want to put a claim in on insurance because my deductible is $500. (it would be very nice if it was $200)

I parked about 150 feet from the entrance. Roughly 3/4 of the way towards the back of the parking lot.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gooddeal
I wouldn't do anything for that small touch. Someone just hit my 2010 Altima on the rear quarter panel. The dent is about 6 inches. I didn't do anything b/c I think the possible bad impact from carfax is far more than just paying for the repair from my own pocket.
Very good point.

..I had a similar situation where the car was still next to me and I made a report to be sure they were held responsible. Saved me my $100 deductible, but cost me THOUSANDS on trade-in because it was listed as "ACCIDENT" on car fax.

If I were you I'd call a paintless dent repair and see if they can get it. If so it'll likely be very cheap and look perfect.

If you don't care about carfax, def. file a report and get the GM to pull the video before it's cleared out.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
gooddeal

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r

If I were you I'd call a paintless dent repair and see if they can get it. If so it'll likely be very cheap and look perfect.
I'm not sure if the paintless repair will do b/c the dent is right above the rear tire area. I think the metal is very thick around that area. I'm not going to fix b/c it doesn't look that bad and the dealer can have it fixed pennies on the dollar.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
gooddeal

Also, when I said cash I meant I don't have the extra $500 laying around. I don't want to put a claim in on insurance because my deductible is $500. (it would be very nice if it was $200)
I think you can just keep it as is with a $500 deductible. You don't know when someone will kiss that thing again. However, it's your car and you should do whatever that make you happy.