G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any of u come from a IS250/IS350 or r any of u well versed on the 2010 changes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 PM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any of u come from a IS250/IS350 or r any of u well versed on the 2010 changes?

Looking at a 2010 G37S w/ automatic tranny and all the options that were available that year. Unfortunately I'm doing all this from out of the country in Argentina where there are no G37's here for me to drive.
I currently have a IS from Lexus.

I have not driven a G37 yet.

I understand in 2010 many changes were implemented such as revised dash and revised Navigation.

My questions are:

-Did the 2010's come with Front and rear parking sensors?

-Did they do away with the awesome AFS headlights?

-What did they do away with that you all miss?

-Any wallet key available? My IS has a wallet key I programmed from a Lexus LS and it's literally the size of two credit cards put together. I love it.

-When you reverse do the side mirrors fold down? I understand KP tech makes such an item so I'm guessing no they don't fold down from factory?

-The vehicle I'm looking to buy has the mood lighting. My lexus has this standard. But when I go into park the mood lighting brightens and when I move out of park it dims. Does the G's do this?

-Is there a button to press that will automatically fold the side mirrors in? If no Is there a company that sells such an item?

-When I turn off my vehicle my steering wheel moves into the dash and up out of the way along with my seat which moves as far back as possible and reclines a bit... When I get in and start the car the steering wheel comes towards me and the seat gets in optimum position I desire. Does the G have this ability? (If not I can always program this with memory function button in the door so not really a big deal)

-Has anyone hacked the rear view camera to come on while driving forward? I have hacked my stock rear view camera in my Lexus (via a relay) and it actually comes in handy often. I basically have no blind spots this way.

-I see the 10's have ***** for the heated seats... Don't you guys hit those? That looks very awkward and in the way.

-Has anyone been able to retrofit seats out of the convertible that have the cooled function into their G coupes that aren't convertible? I have heated/cooled seats and living here in Florida the cooled seats come in handy.

-Is it possible to make the shifter on the automatic lower? I cut the stalk on my IS and now my shifter sits much lower and is much sportier looking.

-Do the 2010's have the infamous seat bubbling defect that the previous year models have?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
J. Dub

Bump for answers
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
aexis

1. 2010 G37 coupe has rear sonar parking sensors, do not believe any year coupe has front parking sensors

2. AFS used to be on the technology package but they do not seem to be an option anymore even with tech package

3. Do away with in 2010 model year? Not sure what you mean, every year G has some nice upgrades (except 2011-2012)

4. No such thing as wallet key for Infiniti G37 coupe right now

5. Reversing side mirros are not an option or stock on G at all. You may be able to customize them though.

6. There is an "ambiance lighting" option for the G but the majority do not have them (custom dealer install). However, when parked and open the door there is curbside lighting.

7. The mirrors on the G37 coupe do not fold at all stock so no button to remotely do so

8. The G has a telescopic steering wheel I believe but do not think it will auto move. If it does I have never used this feature.

9. As for "hacking" the rear view camera to see when going forward I am not sure, you should look in the electric/lighting etc subforum. Your music/and nav is displayed in the rear view parking window anyway so would not be too convenient

10. The heated ***** are convenient and an upgrade over the old tabs. I have never accidentally moved them ever as they have a slight "click" to each level of heat and they are not in way of the transmission at all.

11. I just read someone was able to custom upholstery the G seats at a custom shop for the thigh bolsters, you might be able to switch seats but again see the electric subforum

12. Sounds like you want to do a lot of modding such as making the shifter lower. Of course you can mod anything but is it practical to do so I am not sure and have not heard of other members doing this

13. Seat bubbling on the 2010 has been an issue for some people for others not
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have the accent lighting and it does not change brightness. I had it installed at the dealership. It does not cost much to have added.

You can get heated/cooled seats in the G, it just cost more. The ***** are not akward and do not get in the way

I have the 2011 and the seat bubbled. Its not as bad as one would think, but it does happen.

On number 8 this is an option on the sedans but not the coupe due to safety reasons.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
jimt29
Registered Member

I had the 06 IS 250awd and the 07 IS 350.

I now have the 10 Infiniti G37x Coupe.

I do miss the auto mirror when in reverse. Also the Lexus navigation/phone system was much user friendly. The Infiniti phone system is actually annoying.

The actual mpg on the Lexus IS 350 was much better especially the highway miles. I got up to 30 miles per gallon highway with the Lexus and haven't got more than 24 with the Infiniti.

I've had the 10 Infiniti for 2 years and the average mpg is around 16.1.

I had the Lexus for 3 years and averaged around 23.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My questions are:

-Did the 2010's come with Front and rear parking sensors?
only rear; fronts are for over seas models only

-Did they do away with the awesome AFS headlights?
Only available on Tech package; however, after 2009, they stopped. So only 2008-2009 models w/ tech package have such option

-What did they do away with that you all miss?
n/a

-Any wallet key available? My IS has a wallet key I programmed from a Lexus LS and it's literally the size of two credit cards put together. I love it.
n/A
-When you reverse do the side mirrors fold down? I understand KP tech makes such an item so I'm guessing no they don't fold down from factory?
only w/ kp tech module

-The vehicle I'm looking to buy has the mood lighting. My lexus has this standard. But when I go into park the mood lighting brightens and when I move out of park it dims. Does the G's do this?
nope

-Is there a button to press that will automatically fold the side mirrors in? If no Is there a company that sells such an item?
no module exist, yet.

-When I turn off my vehicle my steering wheel moves into the dash and up out of the way along with my seat which moves as far back as possible and reclines a bit... When I get in and start the car the steering wheel comes towards me and the seat gets in optimum position I desire. Does the G have this ability? (If not I can always program this with memory function button in the door so not really a big deal)
only the G sedan has such option, otherwise you would have to program the memory keys.

-Has anyone hacked the rear view camera to come on while driving forward? I have hacked my stock rear view camera in my Lexus (via a relay) and it actually comes in handy often. I basically have no blind spots this way.
nope

-I see the 10's have ***** for the heated seats... Don't you guys hit those? That looks very awkward and in the way.
unless you have deformed hands, they do not get in the way. Look a lot nicer than the previous model buttons.

-Has anyone been able to retrofit seats out of the convertible that have the cooled function into their G coupes that aren't convertible? I have heated/cooled seats and living here in Florida the cooled seats come in handy.
nope

-Is it possible to make the shifter on the automatic lower? I cut the stalk on my IS and now my shifter sits much lower and is much sportier looking.
This is possible, but do at your own risk.

-Do the 2010's have the infamous seat bubbling defect that the previous year models have?
No worries, if a bubble ever forms, infiniti will replace the seat for you.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
J. Dub

Thanks all whom chimed in. I have found the answers I was seeking thanks to you all.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Gtbguy

I'm working in BA (in and out frequently) are u there or some other part of Argentina? I'm there next month if u want to meet and chat about the G.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Gtbguy
I'm working in BA (in and out frequently) are u there or some other part of Argentina? I'm there next month if u want to meet and chat about the G.
I may actually be here next month in fact. PM me when you touch down! Thanks