Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 PM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!

After 3 years my lease is finally up on my G. I turned her in yesterday. The lease inspection was easy. I got dinged for pretty bad curb rash on 2 wheels (only $120 total), but otherwise everything was good to go. Pretty fair honestly.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes here. I got a lot of help on small DIY projects and even contributed one of my own (Fiberglass Subwoofer Box).

I picked up an M3 in Munich a couple months back and am very happy. The difference is huge, but with a 4 week overlap I got to drive the G as well and found that they both have their shining points. The G was and still is a great car.

Goodbye and thanks guys!

Here are a couple pics of the new M

Last edited by cullan; 12-30-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Going to the Dark Side, we are??

Old 12-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What was the cost difference to pick it up in Munich? Would you recommend it for price/experience?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by Coprolite
What was the cost difference to pick it up in Munich? Would you recommend it for price/experience?
I went with Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW (from M3post). He sold me the car for $600 over Euro Invoice. Euro Invoice was about $4-5K less than US Invoice. So with an MSRP of $72K the sale price of the car was just over $63K. So, the deal is killer.

I would highly recommend the Euro delivery. It was an amazing experience. The factory tour, pickup at the Welt, and going to the Nurburgring were all A+ experiences. I also was there during Oktoberfest which was fun as hell.

If you are a car person (and most people here are) and you are going to get a BMW I can't imagine why you would do it any other way.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
JonnyOzero3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice choice! Congrats. Though the angle/distance of the photos make it look like a 1/18 die-cast model
Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Very jealous. Congratulations.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:22 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
Nice choice! Congrats. Though the angle/distance of the photos make it look like a 1/18 die-cast model
Ha ha... is this better?

Old 12-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Congrats man

Any special things need to be done to register in CA since it was bought outside of the country?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:31 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Congrats man

Any special things need to be done to register in CA since it was bought outside of the country?
Nope, it's a US spec car. You just get to pick it up and drive it over there for up to a month with free insurance and everything. Pretty unbelievable actually. I can't figure out why it's so much cheaper. I thought there would be a catch, but there just isn't... other than flying to Germany. Very smooth process. The wait for it to get here after you drop it off is pretty rough though (~7 weeks for me).
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ what is this trip I own BMW's and have never heard of it. Is the trip free? Or is that the "catch" do you end up spending the difference on the trip? Which is still a great deal I'm just very curious. If it was not free did you have to pay upfront? Do you pre pay for the car or pay once you take delivery when it finally reaches the states? Anyhow congrats on your car the M3's a beast! And you can't beat free maintenance !
Old 12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ European Delivery. I'd like to do the same with next potential M3 as well
Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^ what is this trip I own BMW's and have never heard of it. Is the trip free? Or is that the "catch" do you end up spending the difference on the trip? Which is still a great deal I'm just very curious. If it was not free did you have to pay upfront? Do you pre pay for the car or pay once you take delivery when it finally reaches the states? Anyhow congrats on your car the M3's a beast! And you can't beat free maintenance !
No, the trip isn't free. You have to plan to get yourself there and back... although there are travel agencies that will plan it for you I'm sure. They offer a slight discount on Lufthansa airline tickets though (if you are going with a partner).

I prob spent about $3K on my 2 week vacation so I suppose it kinda evens out, but I was going anyway for Oktoberfest so it worked out for me. You could always fly over there, take delivery and fly back and save yourself the money. I feel like you gotta go drive on the Autobahn though at the very least.

You don't prepay. It's just like buying a car here. You make payments. You can even lease. In fact if you lease it's an amazing deal because they base the residual on the US MSRP.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet! Yea in a few years ill swap to an m3 or gtr.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 AM
AnJing408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice, but if it was me i would of got a white one, not a fan of red cars. I had a E46 M3 but sold it and got the G37s, and honestly i like the G much better in every way. The only thing i like about the M is it's much faster lol
Old 12-30-2011, 01:34 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by AnJing408
nice, but if it was me i would of got a white one, not a fan of red cars. I had a E46 M3 but sold it and got the G37s, and honestly i like the G much better in every way. The only thing i like about the M is it's much faster lol
I'm pretty picky about red cars. The red on the M is phenomenal in person. It has a light metallic that really pops. I've already changed out all the chrome pieces in the pics (grills, logo, etc) to gloss black and tinted the windows. Chrome and red do not go in my opinion. The silver on the wheels look good, but I ordered a set of gloss black wheels as well. They should be ready soon. Red and black is the combo for me. It just needs to be done right. The carbon roof really sets it off nicely.

I love the white too... but my brother already has a white one. Couldn't have identical cars!

Quick Reply: Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!