G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:00 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
POST pictures of the new changes I've never been a fan of the color red, but you're right...the M3 in person (in your given color) really does stand out. It also goes WELL with darker colored schemes (as I see you're already doing). Enjoy the car man and congratulations!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 PM
tbone12

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I bet that european pick up was so much fun.

In for updated pics!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eksigned
POST pictures of the new changes I've never been a fan of the color red, but you're right...the M3 in person (in your given color) really does stand out. It also goes WELL with darker colored schemes (as I see you're already doing). Enjoy the car man and congratulations!!!
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'll make sure to post up the pics when the gloss black wheels are on. I heard from EAS today that they will be ready next Friday. So hopefullly next weekend I'll take some shots and update the thread.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
congrats nice upgrade
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM
t-hak
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cullan
...I would highly recommend the Euro delivery. It was an amazing experience. The factory tour, pickup at the Welt, and going to the Nurburgring were all A+ experiences. I also was there during Oktoberfest which was fun as hell.
How was driving the Nurburgring? I always wanted to do that!

I drove the autobahn with the family, but we only had a diesel Volvo. It was a load of fun, anyway. Gotta love the Germans' lane discipline!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. Congrats!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 PM
sheryl

Good choice! Congratulations!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:23 AM
TSG37

After 3 years my lease is finally up on my G. I turned her in yesterday. The lease inspection was easy. I got dinged for pretty bad curb rash on 2 wheels (only $120 total), but otherwise everything was good to go. Pretty fair honestly.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes here. I got a lot of help on small DIY projects and even contributed one of my own (Fiberglass Subwoofer Box).

I picked up an M3 in Munich a couple months back and am very happy. The difference is huge, but with a 4 week overlap I got to drive the G as well and found that they both have their shining points. The G was and still is a great car.

Goodbye and thanks guys!

Here are a couple pics of the new M

Congrats! Im hoping to do the same in the future. Did you lease or buy it? Which is the better deal?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM
irrelevant

Very nice. Congrats!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM
cullan

Originally Posted by t-hak
How was driving the Nurburgring? I always wanted to do that!

I drove the autobahn with the family, but we only had a diesel Volvo. It was a load of fun, anyway. Gotta love the Germans' lane discipline!
The Nurburgring is awesome. I can't believe how easy it is to show up, buy laps, and just go out there. It's just a public toll road on tourist days so you basically can buy a lap for ~24 Euros and go. They have some packages you can get with multiple laps etc too for a slight discount.

The place is certainly dangerous though. People do die there with somewhat frequent regularity. There are no point-by passes... just open passing on the left. It's a little intense honestly.

We saw a guy hit the wall and get airlifted out via helicopter. They just landed the chopper on the track, cleaned up the wreckage, and the cars started going again. It was an eye-opening experience for sure.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 PM
cullan

Originally Posted by TSG37
Congrats! Im hoping to do the same in the future. Did you lease or buy it? Which is the better deal?
Well, you end up saving the same amount either way overall. However, because the residual value is still based on US MSRP the lease payments are significantly discounted. Also, because there are fewer lease payments than finance payments (36 vs 60 months) it ends up discounting the monthly payment more for the lease.

I leased my G and am leasing my M3 too. To put it in perspective, a lease on this car with $0 down would typically be $1000+ per month. However, with the euro discount it ends up being about $800 per month after CA tax. For comparison sake my lease on my G was $492 per month after tax with nothing down.

Obviously this is all dependent on monthly residual and money factor numbers though.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Amon_Ra

Congratulations...

This sounds like it could be a very exciting trip. Buy some track days on the ring and drive your new car on the autobahn before brining it back stateside. Def. gonna do that one day
Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM
QueenCityG37

have fun with that beast V8
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
The Nurburgring is awesome. I can't believe how easy it is to show up, buy laps, and just go out there. It's just a public toll road on tourist days so you basically can buy a lap for ~24 Euros and go. They have some packages you can get with multiple laps etc too for a slight discount.

The place is certainly dangerous though. People do die there with somewhat frequent regularity. There are no point-by passes... just open passing on the left. It's a little intense honestly.

We saw a guy hit the wall and get airlifted out via helicopter. They just landed the chopper on the track, cleaned up the wreckage, and the cars started going again. It was an eye-opening experience for sure.
^ That sounds terrifying!!! Interesting though as I never would have thought it to be that open, or really open at all for that matter. It would appear they should have a bit more rules in place though or maybe make it a little less open...
Old 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
MurderedG37s

Thats my next car...So sick. I miss my old M3

Quick Reply: Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!