Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:38 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by cullan
No, the trip isn't free. You have to plan to get yourself there and back... although there are travel agencies that will plan it for you I'm sure. They offer a slight discount on Lufthansa airline tickets though (if you are going with a partner).

I prob spent about $3K on my 2 week vacation so I suppose it kinda evens out, but I was going anyway for Oktoberfest so it worked out for me. You could always fly over there, take delivery and fly back and save yourself the money. I feel like you gotta go drive on the Autobahn though at the very least.

You don't prepay. It's just like buying a car here. You make payments. You can even lease. In fact if you lease it's an amazing deal because they base the residual on the US MSRP.
That makes sense, I mean when did you sign the loan docks? Before you went or after you returned and the car was delivered is what I mean? For instance my 2012 is on order, but I do not start the payment process until it gets here. Did you have to sign the docs and start your payments then fly out there, then wait another 7 weeks to get the car you were already paying for?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
superb color choice! Love the melbourne red metallic! enjoy the competition package, it is amazing! Is it 6-mt or M-DCT?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:09 AM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
That makes sense, I mean when did you sign the loan docks? Before you went or after you returned and the car was delivered is what I mean? For instance my 2012 is on order, but I do not start the payment process until it gets here. Did you have to sign the docs and start your payments then fly out there, then wait another 7 weeks to get the car you were already paying for?
It depends on whether you lease or purchase. With the lease you sign the docs and make your first lease payment just before you leave. Then BMW pays your second lease payment while it's on the boat.

I think that if you finance, the payments don't start until the car actually returns to the US... not positive though.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 AM
cullan

Originally Posted by Goonz
superb color choice! Love the melbourne red metallic! enjoy the competition package, it is amazing! Is it 6-mt or M-DCT?
Thanks! It is a 6MT. Although the DCT is faster and superior to any human, I just couldn't give up the third pedal yet.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:12 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Congrats, car is beautiful! Germany is also a great place to visit, although I don't think the autobahn is that big of a deal like many people think. Great choice and enjoy.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:33 AM
biron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a beauty! Congrats! I would choose red also
Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 AM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

nice ride... but G37 FTW!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
AUS10TAT10US

Originally Posted by AnJing408
nice, but if it was me i would of got a white one, not a fan of red cars. I had a E46 M3 but sold it and got the G37s, and honestly i like the G much better in every way. The only thing i like about the M is it's much faster lol
An e46 m3 much faster than a G37s? I don't think so man lol. It's close, if anything. Or are you talking about an e92?

Anyhow, nice car op! Keep us updated esp when you mod
Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm pretty picky about red cars. The red on the M is phenomenal in person. It has a light metallic that really pops. I've already changed out all the chrome pieces in the pics (grills, logo, etc) to gloss black and tinted the windows. Chrome and red do not go in my opinion. The silver on the wheels look good, but I ordered a set of gloss black wheels as well. They should be ready soon. Red and black is the combo for me. It just needs to be done right. The carbon roof really sets it off nicely.

I love the white too... but my brother already has a white one. Couldn't have identical cars!
^pics or it didn't happen!

Kidding, I would just like to see more pics as I am sure we all would. Congrats on the purchase and the fashion in which you decided to make the purcahse! Indeed seems the way cars should be bought! Very cool.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Z gave way to G

Great choice in a car! I love the E46's and the E92's. If I could've gotten an E92 for what I bought my G for it would have been no contest. I would be on the Bimmer forums right now! Love the color combo also
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
AnJing408

Originally Posted by AUS10TAT10US
An e46 m3 much faster than a G37s? I don't think so man lol. It's close, if anything. Or are you talking about an e92?

Anyhow, nice car op! Keep us updated esp when you mod
im talking about e46 m3 and yes it is MUCH faster than g37. Trust me, i had an m3 and and now have the g37s so i'm not be bias in anyway.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 AM
AnJing408

I'm pretty picky about red cars. The red on the M is phenomenal in person. It has a light metallic that really pops. I've already changed out all the chrome pieces in the pics (grills, logo, etc) to gloss black and tinted the windows. Chrome and red do not go in my opinion. The silver on the wheels look good, but I ordered a set of gloss black wheels as well. They should be ready soon. Red and black is the combo for me. It just needs to be done right. The carbon roof really sets it off nicely.

I love the white too... but my brother already has a white one. Couldn't have identical cars!
yea, that would be awkward to have 2 white ones on the driveway but i still prefer white
Old 12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cullan,

Thanks for this thread. I had heard about European delivery before, but it had slipped my mind. I may offer my wife a European vacation next year and maybe tell her about the car part...

For others that may want some details:
European Delivery - Overview - BMW North America
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice trade-up...the 2013 M3 is supposed to look monstrous...
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Thanks! It is a 6MT. Although the DCT is faster and superior to any human, I just couldn't give up the third pedal yet.
I hear ya, I have driven both and the m-dct is absolutely insane but as you said, its hard letting go the 3rd pedal for such a car as that of an M3..

Quick Reply: Goodbye G37S... Hello M3!