G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Chrome Window Trim or Door Handles on a Coupe???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
sammy917

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you're set on doing it, imo, it'd be in much better taste to go with a less glossy metal trim. aluminum maybe? check out the sedan, it's trim looks pretty good and that certainly isn't chrome. Just on the road, i've seen a few g sedans that have their window trim all chromed out (including the b pillar area which is generally black) and it definitely looks tacky.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
sXheero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cereal2k
From my observations, chrome trim=luxury or the perception of.

the older demographic loves it, or does not care about it. the younger crowd, not so much.

The vert by default has it.

before

after

THX! very helpful - although I do agree with Rabbi in that the chrome must wrap the window in order to effectively accent the car. If I were to add chrome I was considering making my badging gunmetal on a blacked out grill and then doing gunmetal window lining rather than chrome. Might look badass on my OB G.

On the convertible I have to say it looks a lot better with the chrome deleted. Props on the beautiful car - I hate seeing the vert because I think its nicer looking than the coupe and makes me wish I paid the extra cash!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
The Rabbi

In my opinion, the gunmetal might fade into the black a little too much. You'll get that "murdered" look that I'm not too keen on, personally. It'll just depend on the shade of gunmetal, I suppose.

That being said, I love gunmetal rims on black cars... so who knows, it could look really sexy too. :P
Old 12-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I wont flame you, but I know that you are going to get flamed by every single poster. They are going to advise you (in not such a nice way) not go go with the chrome. I am psychic

Trust them. They are right.
This!

Please don't chrome. Yes, the Maserati seems to pull it off, but the G will not look good with it. Anything but chrome. Whenever I see modded chrome on cars, it reminds me of rice.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
OnYourKnees

Not my cup of tea, but just do it and see if you like it. Otherwise you will never be satisfied. Just dont spend too much doing it.