Sponsored By:

Good Deal or stay away

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
chubbzg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Deal or stay away

Hello fellow G owners ,

Its an honor to be a member of myg37.com as you can see by my name i was a member at g35driver.com. Well as i been doing research here i see so many g drivers saying how great of a deal they have gotten their 08 g27 coupe some with high miles some with low miles for the price range of mid-to high 20's? so should i stay away from this deal since the price seems to low ? 2008 g37 coupe black with grey leather ( didn't know existed , coming from wheat leather ) auto/ premium package/ no navi has 32,300 miles for 23 OTD ? meaning 21g's without TTL factory till july or 60k carfax came out perfect , one owner pulled by my self not dealer,also knowing that inifiniti dealership cant tell me much i called 2 local ones gave them the VIN and they confirmed no recall everything been up to date ( if it means anything), just a couple replaced tires. as i was going to hop on this deal, im eager to learn from the wiser owners on here as im buying this week.
is it the color that makes the price difference i seen so many white 08s so much more with more miles as well as red ,
thanks-
Old 11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's about right for a journey with premium. I would shop around for another one with S and navi. If you shop right you can find a deal for an 08 S with premium/navi for < 25k. Trust me, you will want that S package, the brakes alone are well worth it. As for navi, I don't have navi and I regret it every day. Sure most people don't really need the navigation but the nav package comes with other goodies like back-up camera, 9GB HDD, touchscreen, SD card slot. All those goodies are worth the extra grand or two IMO. Shop around.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
chubbzg35

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
That's about right for a journey with premium. I would shop around for another one with S and navi. If you shop right you can find a deal for an 08 S with premium/navi for < 25k. Trust me, you will want that S package, the brakes alone are well worth it. As for navi, I don't have navi and I regret it every day. Sure most people don't really need the navigation but the nav package comes with other goodies like back-up camera, 9GB HDD, touchscreen, SD card slot. All those goodies are worth the extra grand or two IMO. Shop around.
Wow NEETO thank so much , my comfort level is much better from your advice , i kept thinking i should stay away , i know about the extra goodies but have yet to find a great deal here in California (here cause of military), so buying in Florida( residency ). In the carfax report it shows its a journey/sport is that what you are referring to when you S package? is S for Sport package? also i thought Sport meant manual only not auto so not sure why carfax has it listed as journey/sport when the car is auto . any advice ? thank you
Old 11-29-2011, 06:06 PM
The Rabbi

I agree with everything 1NEETO said. That's about right for a 2008 without nav, a lot of those are coming off lease right now and the market has seen quite an influx of them. I too would pursue the nav for 1-2k more if only for the additional goodies, especially if I'm already settling for an older model.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
LftSdDrv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if your just looking locally but keep an open mind and maybe search trader or craigslist in multiple States. Some folks have financed and are just looking to sell at a really good price, or some dealers want to unload something they've had on the lot for to long. I was ready to fly out and pick up a G when one came up a 5hr drive away.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
chubbzg35

thanks guys for all the awesome advice and quick response,
is navi something that may be added down the road or are you SOL if you don't get it at first, also any input on what the journey/sport consists as it says on carfax?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
The Rabbi

Originally Posted by chubbzg35
thanks guys for all the awesome advice and quick response,
is navi something that may be added down the road or are you SOL if you don't get it at first, also any input on what the journey/sport consists as it says on carfax?
I don't recommend putting in a nav later, it will not be worth the hassle or cost imo.

The journey and sport are different trims, but the journey can have the optional "sport" package which is basically an automatic sport model. The sport has a different front bumper, VLSD, tighter suspension, 19" wheels, larger brakes and side bar seat. You can find more details here.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 PM
G37_Ed

sport package is a MUST
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 PM
1NEETO

A journey/sport is exactly what I have. Here's a good link explaining the packages.
http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2...s_options.html

Premium:
Bluetooth hands free
Moonroof
Bose 11 speaker stereo
Memory settings for driver's seat (2)
Home link in rear view mirror
Compass on mirror as well
Heated seats
Heated mirrors
iPod/iPhone integration

Sport package:
Sport front fascia
Sport Akebono 14" 4 piston caliper front brakes and 13.8" 2 piston calipers on the rear
Staggered 19" rims 225-45-19 front 245-40-19 rear
Sport seats with adjustable side and tigh bolsters
Floppy paddle shifters
"sport tuned suspension"
Thicker sway bars
Viscous rear limited slip differential
14:1 steering ratio (2.5 turns lock to lock)
Front and rear splash guards
Aluminum pedals.

If it has the sport package then I think that price is good. But if you can find one with nav then that's even better.

Easy telltales for premium sport and navi packages:

Sport: big brakes
Premium: moonroof
Navi: camera mounted on the chrome lip.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 AM
chubbzg35

Sport seats with adjustable side and tigh bolsters- can this also be a way to tell if you have sport package or do these seats come in all trims?
what if its an auto with no pad shifter's does that mean no sports trim, or does all auto have pad shifters ?
thanks guys*
Old 11-30-2011, 02:44 AM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sport seats also have the extending thigh support, non sports don't. No paddle shifters=non sport. Some non sports have added the paddles. Easiest way to spot the difference is the front bumper. Sports have three "grilles" on the bumper, non sports have 2. Dealers/owners mix rims, but the sports had 19" rims standard. I've seen plenty of non sports that swapped out their 18's, but it's obvious by the size of the brake rotors.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
davv1215

Like everyone else said, make sure you get a car equipped with the sport package. An automatic equipped with the sport package will be badged with the red "S" in the back. It's the same as a manual sport model except its auto (like Rabbi said). Both will have the big brake calipers and rotors. That's the easiest way to tell if it's a sport as many people swap bumpers. Also, the seats are an easy way to tell (not many people are swapping out the seats). If they have the thigh extender its a sport model.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sport Package or bust. It's too easy to find them now for mid 20's with the Sport package coming off lease as stated above. Unless you find a smoking hot deal on a Journey (i.e. $20k or less), I'd go with the Sport package or nothing at all IMO

If you're gonna go used, you may as well get the model with all the options. I bought new and got every option minus the tech pack and only passed on it because there were no 6MTs with the tech pack in my area at the time.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
chubbzg35

thanks guys for all the great advice , i have a list now , lol,
but i did an autocheck.com by experian . The car had an overall score 92 , but i do see auctioned at 32k. Last inspection was at inifniti dealership at 16k 2009-then
" REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS MANUFACTURER VEHICLE at 32k 2010 " should i stay away? not sure what this means , when it comes to used cars i research as much as i can wherever i can.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
1NEETO

Originally Posted by chubbzg35
thanks guys for all the great advice , i have a list now , lol,
but i did an autocheck.com by experian . The car had an overall score 92 , but i do see auctioned at 32k. Last inspection was at inifniti dealership at 16k 2009-then
" REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS MANUFACTURER VEHICLE at 32k 2010 " should i stay away? not sure what this means , when it comes to used cars i research as much as i can wherever i can.
I believe that means Infiniti was the previous owner, meaning it was leased. I think it's a good deal if there's no S with navi around.

Quick Reply: Good Deal or stay away