Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi gang.

So I'm also a G37 owner myself. Love the car. Only a couple mods done so far. Was wondering if I can get some customer feedback on the following items:

Exhaust:

ARK GRIP, Tanabe, GReddy Ti-C, Arqray, and MXP.

Intake:

Takeda ATTACK vs. Injen Long Tube.

Coilover:

D2 RS, TEIN Super Street, TEIN COMFORT, K-Sport KONTROL, Tanabe Sustec,

Pictures, feedback, pros, and cons. It would be appreciated if you provided us this information to help with our customer service to the community .

Cheers!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Soliditude

In terms of exhaust, I'd go with either the ARK CBE or the Tanabe, but also in CBE. Never even heard or seen Arqray, so don't bother with that one. ARK and Tanabe both sound amazing in their own way, although I'm fairly certain that Tanabe will deliver better quality/fitment, even if slightly. The biggest complaint about ARK I've heard from its owners is the mufflers hanging slightly different from each other and the burnt tips turning brown with time. However, that's not always the case. Tanabe also has the biggest tips, as far as I know, which look sick, in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Soliditude
In terms of exhaust, I'd go with either the ARK CBE or the Tanabe, but also in CBE. Never even heard or seen Arqray, so don't bother with that one. ARK and Tanabe both sound amazing in their own way, although I'm fairly certain that Tanabe will deliver better quality/fitment, even if slightly. The biggest complaint about ARK I've heard from its owners is the mufflers hanging slightly different from each other and the burnt tips turning brown with time. However, that's not always the case. Tanabe also has the biggest tips, as far as I know, which look sick, in my opinion.
I have Tanabe myself. Very happy with it . You have ARK? Thanks for your input by the way.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exhaust = Fast Intentions
Coilovers = KW V3
Intake = Stillen Long Tube
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Sena
Exhaust = Fast Intentions
Coilovers = KW V3
Intake = Stillen Long Tube
Please refer to the original post.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Will@Logic
Please refer to the original post.
I knew this was gonna happen, lol. People will start throwing out stuff that's not even related to the list you provided. Then someone will recommend TT-ing your car at some point.

I don't have the ARK, but I've spent countless days researching exhausts during the time when I was deciding what to get for myself. Most people are happy with ARK, some aren't. As for Tanabe, the exhaust itself, never heard any negatives. Personally, I love the huge exhaust tips, but the actual mufflers don't look so good to me. They seem tiny under the car. However, that's not a worthy factor when considering what it delivers overall.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Soliditude
I knew this was gonna happen, lol. People will start throwing out stuff that's not even related to the list you provided. Then someone will recommend TT-ing your car at some point.

I don't have the ARK, but I've spent countless days researching exhausts during the time when I was deciding what to get for myself. Most people are happy with ARK, some aren't. As for Tanabe, the exhaust itself, never heard any negatives. Personally, I love the huge exhaust tips, but the actual mufflers don't look so good to me. They seem tiny under the car. However, that's not a worthy factor when considering what it delivers overall.
It's not a big deal . Ya I have heard mixed messages about that one too which is why I wanted to put it in there.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 PM
biron

GReddy Ti-C is loud, especially when the silencers are off.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
TANABE OR FAST INTENTONS FOR EXHAUST PERIOD.

I love my Tanabe its real mature sounding exotic and it still gives me chills.

Cons- Non True Dual and high priced.

Pros- Best tips i have seen and mufflers sit very nice and clearance is great. Sound is crazy nice if you pair the full exhaust together ( Y-pipe, mid-pipe, mufflers) SEXY TONE....

I heard MXP many times and just too loud sometimes, actually its nice w out HFC or Test Pipes but still to loud and high pitched. I like deep smooth throaty bass.

Fast Intentions i would say the same about tanabe its the best bang for the $$$ True Dual 2.5 W X pipe and optional CF or SS mufflers and choice of no resonators, 12, or 18 inch resonators.

Cons^^ Tips are not the best and mufflers sit very low and can risk damaging, trust me i would know

Pros- Best Bang for the $$$ again for the money its GREAT!!!!
I may switch back to Fast Intentions 12 inch resonators with Carbon Fiber mufflers its just so mean....

Coilovers for me im a pretty simple guy, i like a nice drop with comfort. I dont track and dont care to adjust dampening settings so again best bang for the buck Tanabe owns.... i own them myself and its such a great ride, but if i wea\re to upgrade i would probably go Stanced GR.

Intakes i still vote R2C , sounds so Fn good easy install and a great design.

Stillen i would never run i just hate the fact you have to dremmel to fit pipes and Injen sits too low and u risk submerging in water.

R2C Black Chrome i miss so much..........I'm gonna steal them back from Jerry!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Here is my current Tanabe Full exhaust

TanabeG37S - YouTube
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 AM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
arqray is made by the owner of fujitsubo, after fujitsubo went down, the owner started arqray! pretty popular in japan!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 AM
mturo

i just installed ark exhaust, at first it was a bit obnoxious but after a hundred miles the sound calmed down to a deep bass like sound at lower speed but cruising on the highway its silent inside the car. heres a video of mine comparing it to stock
G37 with ark exhaust - YouTube
Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Aismail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fast intentions definitely, but i'd also consider the Greddy TI-C, it's not that loud Biron and u don't need to remove the silencers..I love the way it sounds, don't kill me for saying this but it reminds me of the R32 sound that i just love it, only a bit deeper!! I would definitely consider the TI-C. Intakes, usually the debate is between the stillen gen 3 or the Injen long tubes, since we have to stick to the list here I'd say Injen, hardly noticeable difference, and they sit better and are much easier to install.

Last edited by Aismail; 11-17-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I had a coupe, I can tell you my exact setup:
Exhaust - Akrapovic/Amuse/Meisterschaft
CAI - Stillen Gen 3
Coilovers - KW3
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have never owned any of the parts you listed so I am just here for the gang bang.

Quick Reply: Feedback: exhaust, intake, coilover.