G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just ordered tanabe exhaust. One thing to consider is the backorder wait time you are going to have.

I also picked the tanabe sustec pro coils. Heard they ride closest to stock which is what I was looking for. I dont track so I didnt see the need for a ton of adjustability.

I have stillen Gen 3 and absolutely love it. Yes the install is a PITA but it is amazing.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biron
GReddy Ti-C is loud, especially when the silencers are off.
So I've heard. I believe the Ti-C is the loudest if I'm not mistaken. Is that the one you have?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
TANABE OR FAST INTENTONS FOR EXHAUST PERIOD.

I love my Tanabe its real mature sounding exotic and it still gives me chills.

Cons- Non True Dual and high priced.

Pros- Best tips i have seen and mufflers sit very nice and clearance is great. Sound is crazy nice if you pair the full exhaust together ( Y-pipe, mid-pipe, mufflers) SEXY TONE....

I heard MXP many times and just too loud sometimes, actually its nice w out HFC or Test Pipes but still to loud and high pitched. I like deep smooth throaty bass.

Fast Intentions i would say the same about tanabe its the best bang for the $$$ True Dual 2.5 W X pipe and optional CF or SS mufflers and choice of no resonators, 12, or 18 inch resonators.

Cons^^ Tips are not the best and mufflers sit very low and can risk damaging, trust me i would know

Pros- Best Bang for the $$$ again for the money its GREAT!!!!
I may switch back to Fast Intentions 12 inch resonators with Carbon Fiber mufflers its just so mean....

Coilovers for me im a pretty simple guy, i like a nice drop with comfort. I dont track and dont care to adjust dampening settings so again best bang for the buck Tanabe owns.... i own them myself and its such a great ride, but if i wea\re to upgrade i would probably go Stanced GR.

Intakes i still vote R2C , sounds so Fn good easy install and a great design.

Stillen i would never run i just hate the fact you have to dremmel to fit pipes and Injen sits too low and u risk submerging in water.

R2C Black Chrome i miss so much..........I'm gonna steal them back from Jerry!!!!
I have Tanabe myself. I'm quite happy with it. Thanks for your input and review. As far as Fast Intentions goes, we unfortunately are not a dealer for them yet which is why I didn't post that one. The one's we do offer however I thought were worth posting. I am thinking of getting the Y-pipe now. Right now I just have the mufflers. How do you like the full system?
Old 11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by kchu221
arqray is made by the owner of fujitsubo, after fujitsubo went down, the owner started arqray! pretty popular in japan!
Yes - and they make very high quality products. I believe it's basically the same as the Fujitsubo.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Aismail
Fast intentions definitely, but i'd also consider the Greddy TI-C, it's not that loud Biron and u don't need to remove the silencers..I love the way it sounds, don't kill me for saying this but it reminds me of the R32 sound that i just love it, only a bit deeper!! I would definitely consider the TI-C. Intakes, usually the debate is between the stillen gen 3 or the Injen long tubes, since we have to stick to the list here I'd say Injen, hardly noticeable difference, and they sit better and are much easier to install.
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately we aren't a Fast Intentions dealer. I really wish we were though I've heard great things about them. That's why I couldn't include it in the original post. Same with Stillen. The new Takeda ATTACK though goes in front of the radiator just like the Stillen. Hardly anyone has tried it out. I'd like to see some feedback on it. AFE/Takeda is making a 19whp peak gain claim and I just want the correct information so that I can help out the community better. I may actually try it on my car to see if this gain is really there. Injen is great. And yes, absolutely. It is an easier one to install. Thanks again .
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by mturo
i just installed ark exhaust, at first it was a bit obnoxious but after a hundred miles the sound calmed down to a deep bass like sound at lower speed but cruising on the highway its silent inside the car. heres a video of mine comparing it to stock
G37 with ark exhaust - YouTube
Wow thanks pal!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Fentress24
I just ordered tanabe exhaust. One thing to consider is the backorder wait time you are going to have.

I also picked the tanabe sustec pro coils. Heard they ride closest to stock which is what I was looking for. I dont track so I didnt see the need for a ton of adjustability.

I have stillen Gen 3 and absolutely love it. Yes the install is a PITA but it is amazing.
Oh did you order for the Sedan or Coupe? I have coupe. Love it!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
biron

Originally Posted by Will@Logic
So I've heard. I believe the Ti-C is the loudest if I'm not mistaken. Is that the one you have?
Yeah, I believe so. I use to run it without the silencers. Btw, it's not a full cat back system, so don't expect any power/hp gain.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Will@Logic
Please refer to the original post.
the ark exhaust is nice. not as raspy as the hks.
my buddy has the injen and likes it alot.
although it was rubbing on the wheel well lining...

sorry. thought i was being helpful.

my bad op

don't have much experience with the others...
Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice, I have tanabe exhaust and love the sound, not too loud and great tone. I had the gen 3 with it and the sound is perfect imo. Gen 3 and Tanabe is best route to go.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Exhaust is Exoticspeed, Perfect sound and price will not break the bank. Intake Stillen Gen 3's, Coils sorry no clue, I'm on Eibach springs only.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
jaymillG37

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
+1 ^ on Exoticspeed. Got mine installed today and I love it.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:53 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by kchu221
arqray is made by the owner of fujitsubo, after fujitsubo went down, the owner started arqray! pretty popular in japan!

Get your facts straight. Fujitsubo is still alive and kicking.
Tein USA stopped importing their systems in the US.
You can get Fuji from Canada.
It was only a company engineer/president that left and started Arqray in 1999.

Last edited by TVPostSound; 11-17-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
singledark

yup, that's true for sure.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Will@Logic
Banned

Arqray is makes really nice exhausts! We are also an authorized dealer for them. That reminds me. I need to make an Arqray thread in the vendor section soon.

Quick Reply: Feedback: exhaust, intake, coilover.