G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty almost out-What to look hard at?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
make sure drivers seat bottom does not have a bubble in it and leater is distorting,
how likely is the dealership going to fix the bubble in the seat? i started to notice a bubble in mine and im hesitant to take it in to get it fixed.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:28 PM
NCHIINFMNGR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont be hesitant, whats the worst they can say no... It is a known prob with the g coupes, i do about 6 cars a month and it gets covered through warry every time, never had a claim bounce, just make sure the leather dosent have any abnormal wear or tears. If they decide to replace, make sure they do the seat foam as well, or ull be back in a month with the same issue, good luck
Old 11-19-2011, 02:34 AM
trulegend
Registered Member

My dealer replaced steering wheel chip and door panels but said no on seat bubble
Old 11-19-2011, 01:18 PM
audtatious

Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
the itb is itb02-028a, it is for the older g modles, but numerous customers come in and complain about this same noise and this solves the problem on the newer ones!!
oldies but goodies still
Yow, that is an old one
Old 11-20-2011, 02:52 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
If you got the seat replaced, it'd look different than the passenger seat due to age. Also, the replacement will bubble again. I don't really think it's worth it.

Steering wheel on the other hand....the new ones won't chip off, so that's worth it to me.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 AM
rhyno76

Originally Posted by soolman32
Look at the steering wheel and instrument cluster cover. If you have peeling or scratches on the wheel and/or your cluster cover is no longer sits flush, those are two items you can get replaced under warranty. those are the only items I've had issues with and got replaced.

Did you have to fight to get this replaced under warranty?

I'm getting pushback with my dealer about replacing the steering wheel. They want to do a "Good-will" replacement with a used 2010+ steering wheel but it's been nearly two months waiting for one the right color and in good shape. I called them today, stating I'm ready to go fight this up at the corporate level to just get a new steering wheel and be done with it. I could easily scrape all the finish off with my thumbnail, but they're trying to tell me that's not a design flaw. If that's the case, why then did they go with more resilient coating on the newer steering wheels?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 AM
gimmeshelter67
Registered Member

Bought my car in late January with only two slight scratches on the stearing wheel. I've driven it only a few times but noticed that my hand placement and using the volume controls wore off some of the black.

I called the dealer and when I mentioned this, he said he would get a new one ordered. He didn't even have to see the steering wheel to do so.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
gimmeshelter67
Registered Member

I think they know it was a problem as it's quite common. I wonder why they try to fight it at some dealers and not others.

When I was looking to buy I mostly looked at 2008 and 09's. I saw a lot of cars in the 30K - 50K range with the steering wheel bezels looking like a 100K mile car owned by someone who didn't take care of it. In some of the cars that I saw that was THE only flaw (I didn't know about the Dash Peel at the time though)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
look at the weatherproofing everywhere and if you see any problems ask if its under warrenty. There is a piece of weather proofing on the window right behind the mirror that you will see when you open the door, look at that, mine was ripped and i just went in and they are replacing it.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
CRIDDA

Need to get my G in and have some things done before warranty runs out as well
Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
MPdesign

Here is my comprehensive list to look for that I made from looking - everywhere!

Leaking Oil Seals/Spark Plug Tubes

also
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/show...es-3317p2.html
Axle bolt TSB if you hear a "tink" sound when going from forward/reverse
Make sure judder kit is done,
upper cooling hose doesnt leak,
upper lid on guage cluster peels up,
steering wheel material peels,
make sure drivers seat bottom does not have a bubble in it and leater is distorting,
rear muffler rattels on start up,
while scrolling thru stations at times will bounce around,
make sure wheel bearings are ok,
and if a man, make sure trans feels ok and no abnormal noises,
rattle tsb by front windshield, but that is about it, any q's let me know

From repair histories at truedelta.com
Tire Pressure Sensor?
Muffler
Sunshade seal dry out
The right side of the lower seat "wing" leather was cracking more so than the rest of the leather. The right side of the lower seat "wing" leather was cracking more so than the rest of the leather.On second visit the dealer had the lower seat leather replaced.
Muffler
Steering wheel peeling
Key fob
Weatherstripping
Stitching in rear seat upholstering was coming undone. Replaced seat.
muffler rattle noise
minor rattling sound under 20 MPH and ONLY when I took my pedal off the gas. Dealer noticed it too and upon further inspection, they deemed one of the catalytic converters at fault. They said the issue was caught early.
Vibration in front brakes. Rotors machined and a TSB applied to remedy the problem.
Replaced shifter to address problem with upshift switch in manual mode for automatic transmission.
trunk rust
Map light switch did not function properly in rear passenger seat
I was seeing hard downshifts from 40mph to 30mph in DS mode making it almost unusable to use the sport mode.
----------The above from various sites - not my experience -- -

I just went in for my last "before 60k" checkup and I paid the $35 to check the #6 spark plug tube. There was no leakage but it was money well spent.

Cheers!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Just got the car back from her last service under warranty. (4 years only)

New steering wheel on order and will be replaced.

I also had the windshield sprayers cleaned (clogging issues) and re-aligned.

I had a [CRUISE] and a blinking [SET]come on, in the orange LED screen in the gauge cluster. It goes on from time to time randomly and only way to turn it off is to shut off the car for a few minutes. Service advisor told me they checked and double checked for error codes and non came out, they had to keep my car overnight for this. He said it may be a wiring issues but hard to tell right now.

Other things I have done/replaced under warranty...

> replaced passenger side rear wheel (sport 19's)... noticed a 4-5 inch curb rash the next day I took the car home from the dealer.

> VVEL bank 2 actuator fixed, got rid of the knocking sound from the engine bay.

> Windshield wiper arms replaced due to corrosion

> Replaced windshield sprayer tubes (hoses), due to getting clogged from hard water.

> Replaced driver side window actuator (malfunction)

> Replaced both inner door panels and door pulls scratches and a small tear on the leather ( I didn't they would change it, I just mentioned it and they did )

> Replaced 6MT shift **** (leather was peeling off)

> Replaced shifter washi trim bezel (had a small dent from dropping my cellphone on it and a few scratches I have no clue where they came from)

> Replaced shift boot (changed along with the new shifter bezel)

> Replaced lower center console washi trim (ash tray/lighter area) (changed along with the new shifter bezel)

I think part of the reason why my dealer is so lenient with warranty claims is because it is owned by Nissan Motor Co. Japan. Not a privately owned dealer.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
MPdesign

Problem:
Car would not stay in Sport mode (DS) after being manually shifted once... until it cooled down again

How to see if your car has this problem:
Change to DS mode, shift down a gear, go back into drive (D), and then go back into DS mode and manually shift once again.
If the car shifts as it should, there is no problem.
In my car, this was very repeatable and would do it EVERY time. It would not go back into DS after "being manually shifted once and back into drive mode".

Solution:
According to the dealer this was:
Replaced Shifter Assembly
Repair Transmission H0001
Device Assembly - Transmis - 34901-JK60C

According to the internet, the price of the part is $386 list (or $294 sale)
According to the service advisor, it was the shifter assembly inside of the car under the middle console and not a part in the transmission.
Searching that part number in this forum, I get an old post where this happened to others:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-d...e-issue-2.html
Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
rhyno76

Originally Posted by gimmeshelter67
I think they know it was a problem as it's quite common. I wonder why they try to fight it at some dealers and not others.

When I was looking to buy I mostly looked at 2008 and 09's. I saw a lot of cars in the 30K - 50K range with the steering wheel bezels looking like a 100K mile car owned by someone who didn't take care of it. In some of the cars that I saw that was THE only flaw (I didn't know about the Dash Peel at the time though)
Well, the dealer informed me that the warranty department denied it. Now I've engaged corporate to fight it directly with them. I gave them a link to this thread so maybe seeing that others have had the steering wheel peeling issue replaced under warranty will convince them to honor it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
MPdesign

Originally Posted by rhyno76
Well, the dealer informed me that the warranty department denied it. Now I've engaged corporate to fight it directly with them. I gave them a link to this thread so maybe seeing that others have had the steering wheel peeling issue replaced under warranty will convince them to honor it.
My steering wheel buttons were replaced under warranty. It does usually help if you set yourself up with a good service adviser and maybe actually "pay" for some other services at the same time.

I would try another dealer in town if you can. It is worth a drive if there are two.

Quick Reply: Warranty almost out-What to look hard at?