G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !

This is the first time in my life somebody broke into my car. So I have the police knocking in my door at 5:45AM in my door. Ive been told my car has been broken into. So I go outside, both WINDOWS are rolled down all the way? How is this possible, I have both the transmitters in my house. He said when you stick a screwdriver into the key, the windows go down?? Doenst make sense. Anyhow nothing was stolen. The quick user guide, shades, cds' etc were thrown into the passenger side chair. The master car manual was in the trunk in its Infiniti Box. I called INFINITI, they told me they cant explain why the windows went down. The little cap is gone, they told me its $59. But there is damage around that area, and makes this funny noise when I close the door. When does the OEM alarm go on, nobody heard anything. Police man said, they somehow got the window down, and probably went through the window to avoid opening the door, and alarm, but then again the trunk was open? He said they might have been looking for the code to make a copy and come back in a week or so. Any thoughts please!! ! !!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
are sure that you, you didn't roll down the windows yourself by holding down on the unlock button. this happened to several members while in their pockets unbeknownst to them.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Amon_Ra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SAME exact thing happened to me....BJs in Edison NJ to be exact. Came back to my car to find the windows down and a 6 year old laptop stolen (guess the PC gods wanted me to upgrade). Sounds like you can still open your door. My lock was FUBAR and the driver door wouldn't open so I had to contort my 6'2 from and hop through the passenger seat before dropping it off at the body shop.

Since you can get the windows to roll down with the a button combination with the fob (i think I have accidently done this before), the screwdriver into the door handle messes with the electronics and gets the windows to roll down. After they broke when If i look the car with the fob or the button on the door the windows would roll down. Also warning sound for leaving the lights on was gone as well.

The Travelers adjuster told me they had been getting a lot of these...just lower your comprehensive deductible in case anyone else wants to give you a headache. Hope everything works out
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

POSITIVE! the whole drivers key is screwed up. How can the windows go down with no transmitter?
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Could be you accidentally mashed the unlock button down on the fob and it rolled the windows down or there is a feature on our car that you can put the key in and turn it all the way and hold and it will also roll the windows down.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Thanks. My lock locks now. This happen in essex county, NJ ! ! ! like what the hec? I called douglas auto body summit so they can fix it. So just putting screwdrivers into the key messes with electronics and the windows roll down so easily....
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
That sounds crazy, hopefully there isn't a way people can just get the windows down. That would suck. Sorry to hear about the misfortune. When you get a solid answer post it up and let us know.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^It is a way and I have heard about it before.

OP, you are lucky. In NJ I am surprised the did not jack your wheels too.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
rabbit

It can't be that easy....
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Guys, go to your cars, remove the key from you FOB, insert the key in the door, and turn it to the left, the windows go down.
Turn the key to the right, the windows go up.

A screwdriver will do that too!!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
So is this screw driver going into the keyhole? Because those key hole deletes would deter that. Sorry I just skimmed threw the thread.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Car has a built in feature to roll down and roll up windows using the keys. I guess since people only use the intelligent key, no one even realizes that this feature exists.

Go ahead and try it out:
Insert key and hold it in unlock position, windows roll down.
Turn and hold it in lock position, windows roll up.

Punching in a screwdriver serves the same purpose.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
rabbit

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Guys, go to your cars, remove the key from you FOB, insert the key in the door, and turn it to the left, the windows go down.
Turn the key to the right, the windows go up.

A screwdriver will do that too!!
Will someone please try this with a screwdriver and post back here with the results?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:50 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rabbit
Will someone please try this with a screwdriver and post back here with the results?
You can be the first, just make sure you pound that screwdriver in deep.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Modme
Car has a built in feature to roll down and roll up windows using the keys. I guess since people only use the intelligent key, no one even realizes that this feature exists.

Go ahead and try it out:
Insert key and hold it in unlock position, windows roll down.
Turn and hold it in lock position, windows roll up.

Punching in a screwdriver serves the same purpose.
Wow!

Modme must be my twin!!

Quick Reply: Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !