G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 12:27 AM
mikey_mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zod
I kind of already know I'm gonna get a BS response from them or denial of any culpability in this ordeal. Guess what's the best next thing I can do? Post this **** all over social media and just let it start from there.
Please refrain from doing this, as you mentioned... it will bring so much more negative attention to this. It sucks that your car got taken advantage of but why make it bad for the rest of the g37 owners?

Also, if you don't mind me asking: where was this?

I hope the dealer hooks you up. It's really crappy that this happens I wish you the best of luck
Old 01-03-2015, 09:21 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Life sucks dude....at least you still HAVE a car!
This is why you have insurance.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:56 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So is there a setting that the dealer can do to turn off this feature?

I know I NEVER use the remote windows down
Old 01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So the only way to prevent this is to get rid of the key cylinder? What's the part number for that kit?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Infiniti_steve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tomcatm
So the only way to prevent this is to get rid of the key cylinder? What's the part number for that kit?
concept z performance has them for a good price. may pick one up myself after reading this!

https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart...=INFIG37&CA=23
Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
But thats just a cover right? What's stopping someone from popping that off and still using a screw driver? Is there an actual cylinder delete kit?
Old 01-13-2015, 11:10 AM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
But thats just a cover right? What's stopping someone from popping that off and still using a screw driver? Is there an actual cylinder delete kit?
My question exactly.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:26 AM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've seen this question asked at least 4 times in the last week, in different threads. Why will nobody with the key-hole delete respond?
Old 01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 1,082 Posts
To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "Key Cylinder Delete Kit." The problem lies NOT in the key cylinder, but in the key cylinder SWITCH mounted on the cylinder itself. All you have to do is locate and cut the three (3) wires going from the key cylinder switch to the power window switch. Problem solved.
The following 2 users liked this post by ILM-NC G37S:
Presto (01-15-2015), Zod (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "Key Cylinder Delete Kit." The problem lies NOT in the key cylinder, but in the key cylinder SWITCH mounted on the cylinder itself. All you have to do is locate and cut the three (3) wires going from the key cylinder switch to the power window switch. Problem solved.
I think you may have just pointed out something very important to this whole Infiniti security issue. I have just called Infiniti and asked if the window roll-down feature could be programmed out and they firmly stated it is not possible. My next option was to order the key-delete piece and go to my mechanic and have him remove the cylinder all together, put a flush metal plate instead and put the key-delete over it.

However your suggestion sounds like it may be the way to go. I will point this out to my mechanic and see if I can get it done this week or the next. Will update with what I can find.

I may actually still consider the key-delete piece for aesthetic reasons, having a black car the key hole actually does stand out a lot and that piece would give it a clean look. But yes, it can be popped off if you ever need to access the key hole.

I've also ordered a set of rimlox after much research, backed up by a full 5 set of gorilla guard locks. I strongly recommend looking into rimlox if protecting your wheels and piece of mind is of highest concern. At this point I am more worried about my car being stolen so I am also putting in a fully decked out Compustar alarm system next week.
The following users liked this post:
smakfactor1 (01-16-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Disabling the key cylinder switch does not affect the actual metal key or cylinder itself. Therefore you would have no problems using the key should the occasion ever arise.

I checked the FSM for my '08, section PWC, pages 57 and 59. There are two wires going from the cylinder switch to pins 6 & 7 at the power window main switch harness in the driver door panel. You should be able to access the wires at the window switch rather than disassembling the whole door to get to the cylinder switch itself.

***Be sure to check the FSM for your year***
The following 4 users liked this post by ILM-NC G37S:
CoolBreeze (01-15-2015), smakfactor1 (01-16-2015), Zelf24 (01-30-2015), Zod (01-15-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 03:21 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ILM, thank you again for looking into this further. Cutting the wires by the window switch is a lot better option than pulling the whole panel off to get to the cylinder switch.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:23 PM
ajosowiecky

So this is a big factor in me purchasing a g37. I live in North Jersey, and i see reports from 2008 of this happening. Infiniti still hasn't done anything? I simply dont want the window feature at all, i will never use it. None the less, i dont care about the actual key cylinder either. Is there a way to just take out the key cylinder completely and still be able to use the key fob for keyless entry?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:41 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Section DLK of the field service manual (FSM) will detail how to remove the door handle from the door. Be forewarned, it is not a piece of cake. Once you get the handle removed you should have no problem removing the key cylinder. From there it's a matter of plugging up the hole that remains.

I still say it is easier and equally as effective to just cut the wires coming from the key cylinder switch to the power window control unit. Much easier, less destructive, intensive and invasive, and reversible should circumstances change down the road.

That's just my 2¢.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 PM
ajosowiecky

What do you think about pouring adhesive/gorilla glue mixture into the keyhole and overfilling it, would it be enough to stop the force of a screwdriver?

Quick Reply: Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !