G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Would one of these help?

OEM INFINITI G35 COUPE DRIVER SIDE DOOR KEY LOCK DELETE Parts for Sale - DragTimes.com
Old 06-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Solidus
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Unfortunately there's not much any of us can do to stop the good thieves from getting in our cars. Here in Florida and I'm sure in other states too; they use what we've been calling an EMP device (From video it looks to be a little larger than a remote). It sends a signal to the ecu that the car has been in a frontal collision. That automatically unlocks the doors giving access to the car. Then depending on whether they want the car or what's inside, they take whichever. The sad part is most of the people involved in this are also in the car scene in one way or another.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:57 PM
pilotdlz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on this issue?

My G37x just had this happen, left it in a parking garage came back and all the windows are rolled down and the thieves took everything. Inifiniti needs to fix this!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:10 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow...I never knew this??? WTF is wrong with Infiniti for this design??
Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 AM
erinmac
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I use to own a Jeep - I never keep anything of real value in my vehicles...(jeep=no top or doors most of the time) and insurance should cover my car if it is stolen...just means upgrade to me! Maybe that's infiniti's end game...lol
Old 10-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Solidus
Registered Member

Originally Posted by erinmac
I use to own a Jeep - I never keep anything of real value in my vehicles...(jeep=no top or doors most of the time) and insurance should cover my car if it is stolen...just means upgrade to me! Maybe that's infiniti's end game...lol

Lol!! I had a YJ back in the day and parked at the mall one day and some bastard stole my tailgate and both doors. I said screw it and went with a bikini top and nets for the doors and gate.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
yep after having my truck broke in to at work back in the day and having 6k worth of cds laptops gps and other things stolen I no longer carry anything in my car..
Old 11-07-2014, 09:18 PM
NetNinja

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here

Originally Posted by erinmac
If a professional car thief wants your car he is going to get it.

However I don't keep anything of value that can been seen in the car.
Cd's are about $5.00 at the pawn shop.
That CD sleeve you have above your head is just begging to be stolen.
$300 window for $80.00 in Cd's?
If you leave anything that looks like a tablet or a computer you can consider it gone.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:23 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
This is just sad. Those Infiniti engineers are probably patting themselves on the back for the ingenuity of having the windows roll down with the key...

Unintended consequences

SMH
Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Ya I found this out the hard way a couple years back. Then installed a compustar alarm system. Nobody has tried to touch my car since
Old 11-09-2014, 01:57 AM
Solidus
Registered Member

Does'nt matter what kind of alarm. It's not Infiniti's fault it's the tech that's in ALL cars these days. A high end car thief simply talks to the ECU as I said earlier. They convince the ECU that the car has been in a front end collision and the doors open. It's a mandatory safety feature. As someone else said, if a Pro thief wants your car; It's a wrap. Alarm systems keep wannabe thieves honest and that's about it. Hell a sloppy thief will just hook up with a tow truck and drive off, alarm blaring and all. And once he's more than two blocks away and your cardio fades, no one will care that a tow truck is towing a car with the alarm blaring.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I contacted my dealership on negating the windows rolling down with the key/screwdriver.

They said, via e-mail, it was dependent on the ECM number and the Consult. This is all the info I have.

Contact your dealers. If there a plethora of people asking about it, perhaps Infiniti will officially do something about it. I know, this is a big perhaps.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
The POS dealer by me said they can't do that. They can only hook it up to diagnose a problem, not take "custom" programming.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:23 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Solidus
Unfortunately there's not much any of us can do to stop the good thieves from getting in our cars. Here in Florida and I'm sure in other states too; they use what we've been calling an EMP device (From video it looks to be a little larger than a remote). It sends a signal to the ecu that the car has been in a frontal collision. That automatically unlocks the doors giving access to the car. Then depending on whether they want the car or what's inside, they take whichever. The sad part is most of the people involved in this are also in the car scene in one way or another.

Seems like every scam originates in Florida...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone that still doubts this is not a big problem with Infiniti, this is how I found my car recently:
Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !-udoxdhy.jpg

... and yes, this is how they got in:
Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !-yphhn3u.jpg

You know, I've been a member of these forums for a long time and I've never seen this mentioned ever in any thread or any stickies. I get it that to most people it would seem you would not want this information to spread around because of course you don't want the bad guys from getting it. But really, this is a BIG deal and a HUGE flaw in the design of this car.

No, they did not use any ECU-tampering devices. No, they did not use any code-scanners. They used this:

You know, I would have been grateful to these forums if someone thought "Gee, I think most people would want to know their car can get broken into with a screwdriver, why don't we give them a heads up". After being the unlucky bastard that I am, now I know what a key-delete piece is and why would I ever want to put one in my car. A $30 dollar part that along with removing the key cylinder could have prevented my loss of wheels and tires and electronics stolen from my car.

I just don't get it, how can this not have more awareness? My previous apartment building's parking lot had been hit by a crew with ECU/Code scanners (little black boxes that can get car doors to open) before and luckily that didn't work on my car. But some dude with a truck and a screwdriver comes, searches my entire car for all 3 wheel locks and straight up robs me.

They went through my entire car looking for the locks, including my Infiniti manual. I don't know what to expect next, they could even come back for my car. After I get my car back from the shop I'm going to visit Infiniti and see what they have to say about this. And from seeing what you guys experienced with them I kind of already know I'm gonna get a BS response from them or denial of any culpability in this ordeal. Guess what's the best next thing I can do? Post this **** all over social media and just let it start from there.

This is straight up STUPID easy to do, it can happen to anyone, it can happen to you. They will take your electronics, or they will scavenge your entire car for the locks and take your wheels. I thought having a 50K fully loaded sports luxury vehicle would have a decent alarm system in place for that type of money, nothing 100% foul proof but ****, at least make the bad guy work for it. This is just so disappointing. I just wish I would have known about this before hand.

Sorry if the tone of this post sounds rant-ish, I want to raise some awareness about this issue and not vent out anymore about this. I'm really over it.

So like I said, when I get my car back I will stop by the dealer and let them know of my experience. If I receive any kind of good news I'll update this post. If you don't hear back from me then you know what their answer was.

Quick Reply: Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !