G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 03:25 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my car back this past Tuesday. Paint job good, however few issues. I was told they remove the door panel and other panels to paint match. My door glass windows doesnt fully close. It barely closes to the gasket, about 1mm. You can hear all the wind/noise come in. The small glass window behind the door, has all these scratches around the molding that holds it, and also they ripped/scratch off a good size ( finger tip) off my TINT. The door closes good, however I have to give it a slight push. Before, I guess sinde the door its so heavy, in flat surface, a slight push to the door, and it closed! Now when you do that, its have way in. So now I have to take my car back to have these issues addressed! The odd part is that the day I went to pick up my car, they told me it was going through QUALITY CONTROL PROCEDURES.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:05 AM
ciddx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when someone broke my drivers side window i had it replaced and had the same issue as you about air leaking through. I took it back to the shop and they just adjusted it - took about 30 min. Appears to be an easy fix.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:18 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tvpostsound
you can be the first, just make sure you pound that screwdriver in deep.
roflol
Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Nicole Harrison

My car was broken into and my driver's side handle was broken, and I guess the safety feature caused the windows to go down. Does any one know about how much this costs to get fixed??? Now another unnecessary expense.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
martinog

MY 2013 G37 was broken into using a screw driver

It sounds like my 2013 G37 was broken into using this method. I came out to my car and saw all the windows rolled down. I thought I inadvertently hit the buttons on my remote. The next day, the black cap came off and I stuck the key in the door and the door was jammed.

The Infiniti dealer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was worthless. I am never buying a car from them again. They referred me to a body shop, said they couldn't fix it.

That is so wrong. I don't believe the alarm even went off. I can't believe Infiniti even after reading this thread in 2011 would build a car that can be broken into with a simple screwdriver.

I wonder if that is true with all Infinitis? I wonder if anyone has ever thought about a class action lawsuit.

It sounds like the dealer wants to call it a body issue and not a lock issue. The lock definitely needs to be replace, the door doesn't even open the same way anymore.

BTW, the quote for fixing this was $1,100+

I am not buying another Infiniti ever again!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Dekansnowman

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
You mean to tell me I can roll the windows down with my keys?!

BRB

Oh yea, sorry OP...
Old 06-07-2014, 06:41 PM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by martinog
It sounds like my 2013 G37 was broken into using this method. I came out to my car and saw all the windows rolled down. I thought I inadvertently hit the buttons on my remote. The next day, the black cap came off and I stuck the key in the door and the door was jammed.

The Infiniti dealer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was worthless. I am never buying a car from them again. They referred me to a body shop, said they couldn't fix it.

That is so wrong. I don't believe the alarm even went off. I can't believe Infiniti even after reading this thread in 2011 would build a car that can be broken into with a simple screwdriver.

I wonder if that is true with all Infinitis? I wonder if anyone has ever thought about a class action lawsuit.

It sounds like the dealer wants to call it a body issue and not a lock issue. The lock definitely needs to be replace, the door doesn't even open the same way anymore.

BTW, the quote for fixing this was $1,100+

I am not buying another Infiniti ever again!
Don't be fooled, just because you can lock your car with your key doesn't mean the car is equipped with an alarm. You could just have a system that locks the car and will only go off when unlocked. However, an alarm has shock sensors that will trip the alarm when there is a strong enough vibration.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I had heard that at the dealer, there is some diagnostic tool they plug into your car and it can turn off the window down feature
Old 06-08-2014, 05:59 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The screwdriver roll down window feature is a new mod....WOW! Infiniti I'm going to share this on you FB site. You better come up with a fix or we may start a class action suit.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by inyquest
I had heard that at the dealer, there is some diagnostic tool they plug into your car and it can turn off the window down feature

Maybe Black Betty can chime in on this

True or False

Is there a way to turn that feature off?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:21 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I checked the owner's manual, didn't find anything useful. I recall from reading researching this issue way back that the dealer can disable this feature through the consult iii system. Not sure if they'll charge for this. It's pretty asinine their logic is programmed this way. I would expect the alarm to go off if the door is opened and the fob is not near by.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:41 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

Hm,
Nissan Consult 3 III Professional Diagnostic Tool as low as $159.00. Most around $350- $400.00
Still not a bad price to Really pimp your CPU.

Nissan Consult 3 III Professional Diagnostic Tool - US$159.00

Nissan Consult Iii - Professional Diagnostic Tools - This is the Latest 2012 Software The Package
Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I called several dealers in the are to inquire about this. Both had no clue about being able to disable this in consult iii. Can anyone that actually has access to this confirm??
Old 06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
xorbitman
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I copied this link along with an explanation to Infiniti's FaceBook page and today I actually received a phone call from Infiniti customer service. They read everything and promised to investigate the matter immediately. They're taking this seriously and hope to find a solution soon. Possibly a recall with a TSB I would imagine. A software/hardware fix?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:43 PM
rvanderwerf

my buddy's shop has one, I will ask him if he ever heard of this.... if you guys give me a hint on what to do, I can go try it out. I assume the sedan has the same issue?

Quick Reply: Somebody broke into my G37 COUPE HELP! ! ! ! !