Tell me the pro's and con's of a g37

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by s2ktoEvo
And infiniti is just a Nissan.

It took honda, nissan, and toyota 20 years before people stopped using stupid phrases like that.
Stupid or not, it is what it is. I've owned a late model optima (2011) turbo. All the features they include mask the true quality (or lack there of) of the car.

If the genesis is constructed anything like the optima is, then it's a POS in my book. Now, if hyundai had a luxury division that focused only on higher end vehicle, then perhaps my opinion of the company would be different.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM
lilenday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came from a is250 and a bmw 550i (08) and now I have a g37s coupe and here are my 2cents:
I hate the quality of the interior in the G. Steering wheel bezel chips easily, the odometer column shows hinges, all the "aluminum" trim pieces gets scratches easily too. Although some of this stuff is under warranty and I can send it in and get it replaced, but you would think for 40k the quality should be better.
Now, the G rides amazing stock. Its sporty, handles nicely, acceleration is there all the time. There's a slight throttle lag but you can always go with hypertech to cure this. Honestly I love the g more than the other 2 cars because it looks gorgeous and its reliable. The best part is from the city im from, I see a lot of bmw and only once in a while you see a g37. That makes it more exclusive!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Puddin Tain

Is there any instance where you would recommend a g35 over a g37? only reason I ask is b/c i feel there is a slightly larger aftermarket following. While i absolutely hate the stock g35 front bumper, i'd have to replace it with the Kuruma bumper. I just all around love everything about the g37. powerful stock engine with a small aftermarket following. great looks. interior is great.

and on a side note, does the g37 require a plenum spacer to breath better?

Last edited by Puddin Tain; 10-31-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:16 AM
s2ktoEvo

There are plenty of aftermarket parts for the g37, and the g37's engine is built a lot tougher. The g35 motor for example wouldn't be able to handle a lot of the power some of these aftermarket FI kits put out on the g37 without a major engine rebuild first.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Puddin Tain

There are plenty of aftermarket parts for the g37, and the g37's engine is built a lot tougher. The g35 motor for example wouldn't be able to handle a lot of the power some of these aftermarket FI kits put out on the g37 without a major engine rebuild first.
call me impracticle, but i love my cars extremely low. with my VW i had to replace the front strut bar to an under the axle style. do you have to do anything of the sort for the G? and how easy is it to get ridiculously low with these things. im my vw, my front valence is about 1.75 inches off the ground. and i enjoy every bit of it. no issues at all with rubbing or scraping.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Tek-C
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LegitMW
Pros: Interior
Look
Variety of aftermarket parts
Bose Audio
Saw in a commercial its #1 in holding value or something .
Sport Brakes is my fave

Negatives: I'm 5'10 and I have to sit at the lowest setting or my hair hits the roof
Horrible backseat Cupholders.
Backseat is for short people as well since the windshield slants downwards.
The seats crease very easily.
Left rear window blind spot.
Paint is thin.
Small Trunk
Crappy torque (makes me wish I went with the 335i)
Really? I'm 5'10" and don't have this problem. I have about 6" of clearing from the top of my head to the roof. Do you sit totally upright?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 PM
s2ktoEvo

5'11'' no head room issues.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Ironman_shin

If you need a car to get girls, you are a sad panda... pathetic really.

If the girls are only interested in you because of a car... well, enjoy the various diseases you'll get from them. Condoms don't stop things like genital warts, something to consider.

If you are just getting out of basic, I'd save your freaking money man. I know way to many guys who did the same thing your thinking of and 6 months later were kicking themselves for their stupidity. Buy a freaking civic or something. Get something that's super reliable and gets great gas mileage. You have NO IDEA what expenses will be coming your way. Money in the bank is the greatest thing in the world. And you WILL end up overseas at some point, do you WANT to be paying that much for a car that you won't even see for 6-12 months? And before you say it won't happen to you, my buddy in the air force didn't think it would happen to him either. He's already spent 6 months in afganistan, came back, and then got shipped out to Qatar or something for another year. He fixes f16 engines, they made him drive a truck for 6 months.
Do you have problems with PANDA?
why do you say that......