Sponsored By:

Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??

A lot of us have had the 2008 model since it first came out and others might just be looking to get something new. I know I have thought about selling the G over the last couple months but have decided to keep it for another year or so. My plan is to mod it to my liking over the next month and then more than likley sell at the end of next summer. I hope the new G will be out by then but if not I will be looking at getting a 335i with new body style, or an IS-F. Anyone else in this same position as me or looking to get something new??
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeap got the 08 model since it first came out.. going to keep it for a while and see what's new for the G.

I'm really liking the M37S though.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Ya, I like the M37 as well especially after seeing Da mayor
Old 10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Me too , got it late 2008 , i thoght about selling and maybe get new 5.0 mustang or c6 vette but i am waiting for the currect time.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Bought mine brand new in 08 and since I m in MN and don't drive it in the winter, mileage is still relatively low. Paying it off mid next year and I actually plan to make it my project car. I'm sure I'll get something new down the road (2 years maybe) after I get a few projects done on the house. I figured this way I have time to see what all comes on to the market. I'm thinking 335xi coupe or I'll get into the Volvo S60 AWD so I don't have to worry about being tempted to mod it too. Either way it ll have to be something I can daily drive year round and a 6MT.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcasey
Ya, I like the M37 as well especially after seeing Da mayor
yeah fawk. He did it so well.. such a boss car when properly modded
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
MurderedG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 335 is $9,000 more (I look at AWD models) with the same equipment as the G. I looked at the S4 as well, which I loved, and thats also $54,000, about 6,000 more than my 2012 G37Xs. I think you get the best value with the G. Between those 3, for the money, I think the Infiniti is a great car apples to apples and a great value. My next car, depending on my financial situation will be something like a new M5 or RS4, unless they have a G with a crazy engine. Either upgrade bigtime or stay with the G.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:02 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MurderedG37s
The 335 is $9,000 more (I look at AWD models) with the same equipment as the G. I looked at the S4 as well, which I loved, and thats also $54,000, about 6,000 more than my 2012 G37Xs. I think you get the best value with the G. Between those 3, for the money, I think the Infiniti is a great car apples to apples and a great value. My next car, depending on my financial situation will be something like a new M5 or RS4, unless they have a G with a crazy engine. Either upgrade bigtime or stay with the G.

did you have an 08 before your 2012??
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Got my '08 brand new when they dropped in '07. 72K on it now. No plan to ever get rid of it in the foreseeable future. I get emotionally attached to my cars. And the fact that buying a brand new car every few years just becasue something newer is available not really fiscally responsible for people who aren't independently wealthy (unfortunately I'm not). So I tend to keep cars for a very long time as long as they are reliable. I'll keep my $45K or more (plus interest) that some of you are spending on a new car in the next year or so and use it toward retiring much earlier than all the guys with the cool new cars.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Good choice^^ I guess I enjoy the newer stuff. I made my big purchase(new home) already and car is paid off already. I think I will be financially responsible enough to purchase a new car an not let it impact the date of my retirement.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Good choice^^ I guess I enjoy the newer stuff. I made my big purchase(new home) already and car is paid off already. I think I will be financially responsible enough to purchase a new car an not let it impact the date of my retirement.
That's cool if you want a new car, but how can you possibly think that investing an extra $45K or more every 3 or 4 years wont affect your date of retirement? If you buy a new car every 3 years or so and I buy one only every 10 to 12 years or so, I can guarantee that notwithstanding some horrifically bad investments on my part I will have a significantly greater amount of money available at a much younger age than you will at that given age. Do you know how much money that will be just a few years from now? It's simple math.

That's not to say that buying new cars more often than I do is a bad thing. You just have different priorities in life and that's cool too. You will always have a cooler car than I will. That is until I'm retired at a young enough age with enough money to buy a really cool car while you're still working.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm working on trading the 08 coupe in for a 2011 335i sedan, or 2012 G sedan. Got some issues w/ the car that makes it undesirable to keep.

Last edited by anh3; 10-25-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
That's cool if you want a new car, but how can you possibly think that investing an extra $45K or more every 3 or 4 years wont affect your date of retirement? If you buy a new car every 3 years or so and I buy one only every 10 to 12 years or so, I can guarantee that notwithstanding some horrifically bad investments on my part I will have a significantly greater amount of money available at a much younger age than you will at that given age. Do you know how much money that will be just a few years from now? It's simple math.

That's not to say that buying new cars more often than I do is a bad thing. You just have different priorities in life and that's cool too. You will always have a cooler car than I will. That is until I'm retired at a young enough age with enough money to buy a really cool car while you're still working.
I see what your are saying but it also depends on other factors other than buying cars. The amount of money you make, what amount of money you think is enough to retire with, your choice of investments, any other means of income that you may obtain throughout your life, ect. If you are just saying people who are going through life making the same choices in investments, making the same amount of income, trying to retire at the exact same age, having the same amount of kids, ect. Then yes, buying a car every three years compared to every ten years will have an impact on when you retire. Thats why this is based on different peoples situations in life and people make choices based on their current situation. Sometimes people make horrible decisons especially when it comes to housing and cars.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
A lot of us have had the 2008 model since it first came out and others might just be looking to get something new. I know I have thought about selling the G over the last couple months but have decided to keep it for another year or so. My plan is to mod it to my liking over the next month and then more than likley sell at the end of next summer. I hope the new G will be out by then but if not I will be looking at getting a 335i with new body style, or an IS-F. Anyone else in this same position as me or looking to get something new??
Waiting to see how many 2012 GTRs will we unsold in mid 2012!
The pre-orders were made 6 months ago.
The left overs will then go for invoice!!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by anh3
I'm working on trading the 08 coupe in for a 2011 335i sedan, or 2012 G sedan. Got some issues w/ the car that makes it undesirable to keep. IPL now offered with M/T, so that'll be on the list too.

Have you seen the body style of the 335's??? Looks nice

Quick Reply: Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??