Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by fairladyz34
The thing is I dont get to drive my car a whole lot because im in NJ and the weather and roadways isnt as nice as other places. Id rather be in something i can drive all year round and something more mod friendly in terms of power. I like the G but i really miss the performance of my 370z. Also I could prob dramatically lower my monthly payment by switching to an Evo. So for the amount I drive the car i dont feel im getting my moneys worth. Plus im only 20 so i still have time in the future to get another one.
I was rolling in a dodge neon when I was 20 why not get an EVO 10? They improved them significantly from an interior amenities standpoint and still have a ton of aftermarket parts for them.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:05 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I know a lot of people like evos but I would never get one.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Honestly i dont like the way the evo10s look and the evo9 is proven
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fairladyz34
The thing is I dont get to drive my car a whole lot because im in NJ and the weather and roadways isnt as nice as other places. Id rather be in something i can drive all year round and something more mod friendly in terms of power. I like the G but i really miss the performance of my 370z. Also I could prob dramatically lower my monthly payment by switching to an Evo. So for the amount I drive the car i dont feel im getting my moneys worth. Plus im only 20 so i still have time in the future to get another one.

In that case, an Evo would be great for you, especially in terms of the monthlies. I would've done the same.

For me personally, I wouldn't trade any other cars out from the G37S, S5 and 335i class. Those are all amazing, albeit 2/3 are damn overpriced.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM
POLLO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had to get a car to replace the G, I would probably do the STi 4 door hatchback. It's got room for me, the wife, and the dogs although I'm not certain as to how reliable subarus are. I will never touch a Mitsubishi car ever !
Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM
alpine37

looking into subaru's. downgrade? Not at all ;]
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
The Rabbi

I will never touch a Mitsubishi car ever !
Me either. I had a black Eclipse with the notorious paint fading (see here.) and will never ever touch another Mitsubishi as long as I live. I would also strongly urge anyone against Mitsubishi, not only because of the poor quality of car they produce but because of the absolutely horrendous customer service they provide after the purchase. The "settlement" wasn't even enough to cover 30% of a true paint job including the new pinstriping... Awesome, thanks Mitsubishi. I understand that **** happens, poor testing happens, etc. which is all fine, but own up to your mistake and rectify it. It was clearly a common problem across both years and models so all of their excuses were just pathetic. I also tried to give them another shot and figured if they'd give me "excellent" condition KBB value going into a trade-in that I would consider that restitution as well. Mitsubishi said they don't currently plan to have any incentives to cover that and that it would be up to the dealership; all three said no, and why should they? They have no incentive without Mitsubishi funding it.

TL;DR - Don't buy a Mitsubishi.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed my test drive of the Subie WRX, an absolute blast to drive. But I </3 four doors, so hopefully their new BRZ Coupe will be released eventually.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 AM
thegad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had an '08 G coupe with ~25k miles that I sold back in September because I was moving abroad for a year. Now I spend an absurd amount of time planning what car to get when I come back to the states in 2012!

I was strongly leaning towards an E92 or M3 or Cayman S, but if there are details on the new G by then and it's a significant upgrade maybe I'll stick with Infiniti. It would be my dream come true if they made the IPL G a true M competitor in the $~60k price range.