G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I almost got rid of red for A GTR last week. I have my mind made up and going to buy a new home first, then maybe get a F30 /// M3.
I will be trading my wifes 07 G35x for a new fx35 or a x5, going to the dealers tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
OP, have you thought about waiting for the newly-gen'd G coupe? With the new 335i being so nice, Infiniti will no doubt set the bar high for its new coupe for competition. I fell in love with the new 335i as soon as I saw it and I can only imagine how gorgeous their new 335i coupe will be as well, but my next thought afterwards is always, "what about the New G?" I mean, the transfer from the G35 Coupe to the G37 Coupe was amazing, so I think it'll be similarly as good this time around. I really can't wait to see both the new 3-series coupe as well as the new G, although we're definitely gonna see the BM first. They've been competing for years now, so I'm sure Infiniti won't be losing.

Who knows? Maybe they'll even step their game up to compete with the M's and the RS's.

That was my plan, I was going to wait to see the new G which I thought was going to be here this coming year. Since it seems as though it wont be released for a couple more years I am not sure I want to wait and maybe be disapointed by the engine or bodystyle. Basically I have decided to wait till the end of next summer to make my decison. In the mean time I am gunna do some really cool modding.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pcasey
That was my plan, I was going to wait to see the new G which I thought was going to be here this coming year. Since it seems as though it wont be released for a couple more years I am not sure I want to wait and maybe be disapointed by the engine or bodystyle. Basically I have decided to wait till the end of next summer to make my decison. In the mean time I am gunna do some really cool modding.
The Sedan should be out spring 2013 from what my dealer said to me after a "meeting about everything" october 6th!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
liscmad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my 08 G as soon as they came oot and still love it but am thinking about a 1 year old CTS-V Coupe for a replacement. I think the G has better lines but 0-60 in 3.9!

Looked at the M3 and don't like the interior, the S5 has beautiful interior and body but only all wheel drive and the Caddy can smoke both of them.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
esquesk

Because he probably makes more money than you. Truth hurts.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
That's cool if you want a new car, but how can you possibly think that investing an extra $45K or more every 3 or 4 years wont affect your date of retirement? If you buy a new car every 3 years or so and I buy one only every 10 to 12 years or so, I can guarantee that notwithstanding some horrifically bad investments on my part I will have a significantly greater amount of money available at a much younger age than you will at that given age. Do you know how much money that will be just a few years from now? It's simple math.

That's not to say that buying new cars more often than I do is a bad thing. You just have different priorities in life and that's cool too. You will always have a cooler car than I will. That is until I'm retired at a young enough age with enough money to buy a really cool car while you're still working.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The CTS-V is a bad *** car but ugly as sin. Sad that the only thing you seem to admire about that car is the sub 4 sec 0-60.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
The CTS-V is a bad *** car but ugly as sin. Sad that the only thing you seem to admire about that car is the sub 4 sec 0-60.
I liked them at first in the commercials until I saw one in person.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:49 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 Lexus GS anyone? I know it's not a coupe but it's really nice and should be the first Lexus driver's car.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

very true^^^
Old 10-30-2011, 02:08 AM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine just turned 4 years old yesterday and it has close to 19K on it! I know I should drive more! lol

I'm quite attached to my car as well and will probably keep it for at least 2 or 3 more years. After all, it still looks and drives like a new car.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Pcasey

I agree. Although I'm sure that, by next summer's time, we're gonna get more actual details on the new G. I don't think it will be disappointing, because the new Infiniti cars are looking pretty sweet. Power will still be either same or slightly better, because Infiniti still has to compete with the new and improved 3-series. However, you're right, there's still a chance it might not be as good as we want it to. I think you won't fail with either, though. The new 3 or the new G will be a win. The new 335i is amazing, IMO. If I had enough money, I would split for the new 335i right now, because I hate the waiting part whenever I have a chance to shoot for something certain--not my case, though.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm actually looking to get into an Evo9 after my G
Old 10-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by fairladyz34
I'm actually looking to get into an Evo9 after my G

Evo's are great for speed, but fail in luxury, because they're not luxury cars to begin with. I'd never trade a bit more turbo speed for a lot less luxury and comfort. The magic of a BM or the G is that they mix both with a great result. An Evo8 can take out an S5, but I wouldn't think twice when choosing between the two, you know what I mean? Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Can someone enlighten me about the new 335i? I looked at the specs and the power is the same. Is direct fuel injection the new selling point? I know everyone's opinion is different but exterior wise the new 335i doesn't do it for me.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
Evo's are great for speed, but fail in luxury, because they're not luxury cars to begin with. I'd never trade a bit more turbo speed for a lot less luxury and comfort. The magic of a BM or the G is that they mix both with a great result. An Evo8 can take out an S5, but I wouldn't think twice when choosing between the two, you know what I mean? Just my 2 cents.
The thing is I dont get to drive my car a whole lot because im in NJ and the weather and roadways isnt as nice as other places. Id rather be in something i can drive all year round and something more mod friendly in terms of power. I like the G but i really miss the performance of my 370z. Also I could prob dramatically lower my monthly payment by switching to an Evo. So for the amount I drive the car i dont feel im getting my moneys worth. Plus im only 20 so i still have time in the future to get another one.

Quick Reply: Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??