G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't get me wrong people, the right thing to do is to be financially responsible. My comment was because I personally know of people like I described. They drive 20+ year old POS's that are falling apart, they never go on vacations, and eat junk food every day etc. All because they want to have a lot of money when they retire. Just the other day one of them was teasing me because I drive a "fancy car I can't afford". He then continued on about how he drives a pos jeep Cherokee but has more money in the bank than several of my yearly incomes. I told him that at least I'm living life.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
1NEETO

Oh yeah I'm guilty of getting bored of my cars after 3-5 years. But I really like my G so I'm sure I'm keeping this car for a while. If I upgrade from this car it will be either a ***** to the wall sports car or something more luxurious and sporty. S5 and M3 sit very high on that list, but I'd be stretching myself thin financially with either or lol. Or maybe I'll stay in the Nissan family and go with something more affordable like a 370 nismo.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Don't get me wrong people, the right thing to do is to be financially responsible. My comment was because I personally know of people like I described. They drive 20+ year old POS's that are falling apart, they never go on vacations, and eat junk food every day etc. All because they want to have a lot of money when they retire. Just the other day one of them was teasing me because I drive a "fancy car I can't afford". He then continued on about how he drives a pos jeep Cherokee but has more money in the bank than several of my yearly incomes. I told him that at least I'm living life.
I understand what you're talking about...
Old 10-25-2011, 08:17 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why the fascination by some with the M5? Appears kind of boxey and likely not very fuel efficient.

M5 Stuart
Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone on here has lots of good pointers about saving/retirement. I got my G new when I was 24 now 26 I still love the car since I first got it. Don't get me wrong there are so many nice cars that put the G to shame ex: M3, S5, IS-F n so on. I'm definitely not thinking about retirement now but in the future maybe 2-3 years from now I am planning to sell/trade the G to get something more upscale if my financial situation moves up or stays the same. Just my 0.2
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My lease will be up in early 2013. Probably going to see how's the new 3 series and the new G redesign.

Gonna decide between the A4, G and the 3...so it's like my 2009 all over again.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Great point!

I work in the medical field and I see people die all the time..... both young and old. And one thing that I think about whenever a patient dies is asking a question in my head... "did this person really lived a good life?".... With that said, I try to "live life" as best I can. I'm not saying go all crazy and skydive without a parachute on and stuff like but just have fun with it. You'll never know when you'll be diagnosed with a something terminal.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I got my coupe in the summer of 2008 and the plan is to keep her.

I plan on getting married in a couple of years and start a family. Also contemplating about leaving this island and relocating to the US mainland. Then I'd have to decide whether to ship the G over or to sell it before we move.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
i got mine early Jan 08, i love the car i almost wanna payoff and keep but a 2012 G coupe is an option. i will stick with Infiniti no other car has caught my eye other than the nismo 370z . im looking for a bargain, i cant afford an IS-F right now lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles for just shy of 20 years. I had an incident in my 2nd year of riding where I low sided in a corner. By some miracle, I walked away with no injuries and no damage to the bike. Fast forward to this summer. I got rear ended at an intersection while practically stopped. Light just turned green and I was starting to let the clutch out and SMACK! I suffered some injuries and the bike I was on also sustained damage. Now normally, I'll do 15-20K miles a season on 2 wheels. This year, I barely did 9K miles. In fact, after this incident, I lost most interest in 2 wheels. Come next spring, the bike goes up for sale (not the bike I crashed on though).

The G will be my replacement for 2 wheels.

AGATT Ftw!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:32 PM
chasemyaccord

I bought mine early in the production cycle (November 2007) and never planned on jumping ship unless the car became unreliable. Almost four years later, I can say that the car still runs like a dream and the few issues I've had have been relatively minor (two batteries, squeaky dash). As much as I'd love to switch to a different car every 3-4 years, it's just not the smart thing to do (for my own situation that is). Unless Infiniti offers something for the next generation G that knocks my socks off, I see myself in this car for another 4-6 years (or until it craps out, which I pray it doesn't).
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, have you thought about waiting for the newly-gen'd G coupe? With the new 335i being so nice, Infiniti will no doubt set the bar high for its new coupe for competition. I fell in love with the new 335i as soon as I saw it and I can only imagine how gorgeous their new 335i coupe will be as well, but my next thought afterwards is always, "what about the New G?" I mean, the transfer from the G35 Coupe to the G37 Coupe was amazing, so I think it'll be similarly as good this time around. I really can't wait to see both the new 3-series coupe as well as the new G, although we're definitely gonna see the BM first. They've been competing for years now, so I'm sure Infiniti won't be losing.

Who knows? Maybe they'll even step their game up to compete with the M's and the RS's.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pcasey
Have you seen the body style of the 335's??? Looks nice
I test drove one with the M-package 2011, pretty awesome, and they come standard w/ auto-leveling headlights and also swivel w/ steering (more parts to have problem, I know)! And with the Performance pkg. ($550), you'll get 320 hp and 317trq(M/T) from 300/300. Sale person invite me to abuse it during the test drive too. Gotta give 'em credit. The current offer I got currently to build a 2011 335i sedan will be under invoice, so it is definitely attractive.

Last edited by anh3; 10-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I made a little stretch to get my G. I'm not doing bad by any means, but I made that decision knowing that the G is a car I was going to love for a long time. I don't know what the future holds, but it has nearly every single option, and I don't see myself missing on anything else until cars start to fly or get 100mpg and don't look like econoboxes.

I currently have a beautiful, fun, feature-loaded car and I don't think I'm going to get anything besides more payments and less financial freedom by going to something newer.
I would love the car too, but too much little issues, noise and crinkles, and squeaks... too many visits to the dealer already and still under warranty.

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
get G Sedan, 2012 . it's a driver's car. IMO

335i are nice, but the lack of reliability also well known for overheating issue on those turbos will drain some more expenses down the road.

be realistic. get a G. never go wrong.
I agree, definitely 2012 sedan is on the list. Read some issues about the High pressure fule pump (130k + care recalled).

Originally Posted by breftayka
I've been considering this too. I bought mine used towards the end of last year, and got a pretty good deal. I love the car, but I if I ever get a nicer house or we have a kid I know what I need to do. While I have considered selling it, I wonder what I would buy to replace it. There aren't many cars under $20k I would want to drive. If anything I would probably pay cash for a beater and fix it up haha.

I have the same mind set as Neeto though. I want to have fun while I'm still half young, and don't have any kids.
same situation here! I'll prob. trade-in for a minivan soon, so I'll live vicariously for now!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by anh3
I test drove one with the M-package 2011, pretty awesome, and they come standard w/ auto-leveling headlights and also swivel w/ steering (more parts to have problem, I know)! And with the Performance pkg., you'll get 320 hp and 317trq(M/T). Sale person invite me to abuse it during the test drive too. Gotta give 'em credit. The current offer I got currently to build a 2011 335i sedan will be under invoice, so it is definitely attractive.
I am talking about the 2012 with new body style.

Quick Reply: Selling the G soon?? Whats Your Plan??