Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

just got taken advantage of.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Itchytoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
You bought a high end used car, its not sold "as is".
Car is to be free from any major mechanical defects & depending on what state you live in, law may vary slightly.
As far as the paint issue, obviously the car was hit.
It is illegal to sell a vehicle that has been in an accident without disclosing to the buyer 1st.
Now just explain you dont want a vehicle that has had major body repairs.
Also go to another infiniti dealer & get the cars service history,i suspect your selling dealer is shady to say the least. This will give a total picture,not just what you are being told.
Imo, before I wasted 5k repainting a car you just bought retail, consult an attorney.
Most dealerships know when they pull some crooked stuff they sometimes get over with no one the wiser.
Dont even mention the bird poo.
Cpo is expected to be fit, with no,mechanical issues.
I don't know why you would think our cars aren't sold as-is just because it is what you consider to be high end. That's absurd. Mount Fuji doesn't mean not as-is.

There are no laws in any state that say you can't sell a vehicle with mechanical defects. There are laws that say you can't sell a vehicle with any major mechanical defects without disclosing it if you know about the defect. In order to have any recourse based on those laws you have to prove they knew about it and didn't tell you when you asked about it. Not asking means you didn't care. If you ask, they have to tell you what they know, if you don't ask, they should, but aren't required to tell you about every little thing, like repainting. That does of course depend on your state.

Just because it was repainted doesn't mean it's had major body work done. It does mean the repaint wasn't a good match. Even if it did have major body work, that doesn't mean it has mechanical damage. I had someone scrape the side of one of my previous cars and had to replace both quarterpanels and the outer skin on both doors on the driver's side. Major paint work, but no mechanical issues.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Wow no one sells a 20k used car from a dealer as is.
I meant high end,not some 2k pos on a used car lot.
My 1st sedan was an 03 g35 bought 4yrs old.
I paid 18k from a dealer that had a serious electrical issue after it was inspected at an infiniti dealer.
Place I bought from was not an infiniti dealer.
The spedomter went after 20 days.
There was about $1500 in repairs needed, they took care of it.
It was covered for the 1st 90 days or 3k
would be impossible for them not to know if it was hit, IF that is the case for the op.
If a dealer sells you a car & its not fit & you have an accident because of some unseen damages, they would be liable.
Only cars I know that are as is are PRIVATE PARTIES or junk cars that have no valie..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM
superslick

Dealers advertise CPO vehicles as having to go thru a rigorous process of being inspected before they can be called certified. I would be mad as hell if they never disclosed this info to me. I say get info on how they certify their pre-owned vehicles, consult with an attorney and then see what happens next..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
since you're sol -- as per what everyone else says -- you might as well take the high road. go into the dealership, and speak with your salesman. be POLITE. the damage and mistake have already been made. worse comes to worst, he'll say no, and you'll never be a repeat customer. get him on YOUR side. nah mean?

if that doesn't work, well then...retain an attorney and give 'em HELL.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superslick
Dealers advertise CPO vehicles as having to go thru a rigorous process of being inspected before they can be called certified. I would be mad as hell if they never disclosed this info to me. I say get info on how they certify their pre-owned vehicles, consult with an attorney and then see what happens next..
My CPO came with a checklist of 156 items that are signed off on by their technicians.
under Body Exterior
Item # 129 Inspect for damage, dings, dents, alignment, mismatched paint and overall paint condition.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 AM
mturo

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
My CPO came with a checklist of 156 items that are signed off on by their technicians.
under Body Exterior
Item # 129 Inspect for damage, dings, dents, alignment, mismatched paint and overall paint condition.
i never received a list they just told me that they replaced brakes, tires, oils, just general stuff.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:27 PM
mturo

update: took the car in for an oil change today and to get some warranty work done. they said they didnt think one thing would be replaced under warranty because the car had been repainted in the rear. so i decided to bring that up with the salesman, he was very nice and said he was unaware of anything being wrong with the car. they went and looked if they had any reports of damage in there records. they said they found none. he then said that he talked to the sales manager and they are going to work on getting some of the car resprayed and getting me a car to drive while they are doing the work. didnt even have to argue with them about it. Great Service
Old 10-27-2011, 05:21 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
think about how many people have got into accidents and they don't go through insurance so it won't show on a carfax...

it's reality but it does happen.

dealerships and people will purchase vehicles sight unseen ...
Old 10-27-2011, 05:34 PM
MurderedG37s

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
You bought a high end used car, its not sold "as is".
Car is to be free from any major mechanical defects & depending on what state you live in, law may vary slightly.
As far as the paint issue, obviously the car was hit.
It is illegal to sell a vehicle that has been in an accident without disclosing to the buyer 1st.
Now just explain you dont want a vehicle that has had major body repairs.
Also go to another infiniti dealer & get the cars service history,i suspect your selling dealer is shady to say the least. This will give a total picture,not just what you are being told.
Imo, before I wasted 5k repainting a car you just bought retail, consult an attorney.
Most dealerships know when they pull some crooked stuff they sometimes get over with no one the wiser.
Dont even mention the bird poo.
Cpo is expected to be fit, with no,mechanical issues.
That is a load of crap. If a car is 3 years old, it will have defects, thats why its 20,000 less than a new one. NO dealer is going to repaint your car. There is no evidence to show that the dealer knew the car was in an accident, there's no way to prove it. Maybe they did, maybe they didnt, but the OP didn't notice it for 2 months. You know how many cars have been repainted and it's not on CARFAX? A ton. Thats negligence of the consumer for not doing his/her due diligence. The dealership may Detail the car for you or something, but I would bet my left nut they don't re-spray your car

EDIT PS: lol well if they actually do re-spray your car...good for you..thats nuts

Last edited by MurderedG37s; 10-27-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
mturo

update: dealership called me today and said to bring the car in on thursday morning and they will do paint work.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Coprolite

Which dealer is this?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:51 PM
mturo

Originally Posted by Coprolite
Which dealer is this?
sewell infiniti
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Coprolite

Originally Posted by mturo
sewell infiniti
Sewell is good. They make me realize how bad the Acura dealers are around here. I will probably replace the Acura with a Sewell brand...
Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
mturo

Originally Posted by Coprolite
Sewell is good. They make me realize how bad the Acura dealers are around here. I will probably replace the Acura with a Sewell brand...
ya, i was really happy with how fast they actually reacted when i brought this up. they admitted there was an issue and wanted to make me happy.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by mturo
not really sure where to put this but, i bought my car mid august used its an 08 the car fax was clean and said the car was a lease out of california. today i noticed that the whole back of the car had been repainted, they stopped at the doors and didnt even blend anything. there was over spray on the license plate lights, along with the exhaust tips. can i do anything about this or am i just SOL and they got me. the car is two different colors not sure how i didnt notice this until now.

Sorry to hear that, but that's just a hard life-long lesson learned for you. No matter where you buy, you always have to look at a car in terms of hidden damages. If you're not very akin to it, take an uncle or someone that is and have them inspect it, although it seems that this kind of damage is beyond the obvious. No pun intended, but it's your fault, bro. But I'm hoping you'll have some luck trying to figure it out, however, your chances are slim, because they can probably just say that you crashed it yourself, repainted and now trying to get money for it.

Quick Reply: just got taken advantage of.