Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

just got taken advantage of.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 PM
skull81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Itchytoe
To do it the right way, about 4 to 5 grand.
He probably could get it done right for 2-3k, only if he's planning on repainting the factory color, no bodywork, no door jams etc...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Itchytoe

Originally Posted by mturo
would an insurance company cover the repainting the hood that was damaged from bird poo. left the car for like a week came back the paint on the hood was all messed up. thats just a curiosity of mine.
Comprehensive should cover that. You'll have to pay your deductable, and your rates would definitely go up after a claim like that, and they won't repaint the whole car, just what is bird poo damaged.

Originally Posted by skull81
He probably could get it done right for 2-3k, only if he's planning on repainting the factory color, no bodywork, no door jams etc...
If you don't paint the door jambs, you didn't do it right IMO. It is true that you could get the car tapped off and sprayed for 2-3k, but you'll have tape lines and I personally hate such lines.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
skull81

Originally Posted by Itchytoe

If you don't paint the door jambs, you didn't do it right IMO. It is true that you could get the car tapped off and sprayed for 2-3k, but you'll have tape lines and I personally hate such lines.
The only time I remember when they did the jams was if they had to change the skin (like a door for example) but oh well.... Haha

Good luck OP I wish you luck!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 PM
mturo

Thanks guys
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all that means is Someone owned the car Crashed it and payed cash for the damage it never got reported to the insurance thats about it....But yes take it back and throw a bitch fit, tell em ull get lawyers into this issue....they dont need problems like that and will work with you on the spot, had that happen to a friends dads fx and as soon as the word lawyer was said they worked with him real quick
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO is to go and 'talk' to them. IF<-- you are going to try and get the dealership to do anything you MUST consult a lawyer first. Making empty threats makes you look dumb, them less likely to help you, and will, in all circumstances, cost YOU more...
GL with w/e you decide.

Making a claim for bird poo is dishonest IMO. They will just touch up the paint, not repaint the whole front.

MOST places will charge 3.5 - 4k for a good, OEM standard paint job. If you get charged less, there is something that is being skipped. (Flat colors costing a little less obviously.)
Old 10-20-2011, 03:20 AM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
No need to jamb the car for the same color, factory paint.

If its that serious of a mismatch u can find a bodyshop to scuff and paint it for a couple stacks, no body work
Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
You bought a high end used car, its not sold "as is".
Car is to be free from any major mechanical defects & depending on what state you live in, law may vary slightly.
As far as the paint issue, obviously the car was hit.
It is illegal to sell a vehicle that has been in an accident without disclosing to the buyer 1st.
Now just explain you dont want a vehicle that has had major body repairs.
Also go to another infiniti dealer & get the cars service history,i suspect your selling dealer is shady to say the least. This will give a total picture,not just what you are being told.
Imo, before I wasted 5k repainting a car you just bought retail, consult an attorney.
Most dealerships know when they pull some crooked stuff they sometimes get over with no one the wiser.
Dont even mention the bird poo.
Cpo is expected to be fit, with no,mechanical issues.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM
The Rabbi

I would first approach the dealership and see if they will rectify the situation for you, you never know and I feel like it's rude to threaten legal action before you give them a shot. If they refuse then you can consult with a lawyer and reapproach the dealer.

From a personal stand point, if the initial dealer won't help you out I would start working with another dealer so that I can build a new relationship with a, hopefully, more reputable place. You can explain the situation to the new dealership and let them know that you're willing to take a couple thousand dollars loss (i.e. a paint job) on the car and want a similar year/model/mileage/etc. and that if they can earn your trust they will get your service and repeat business.

Btw, I've used Inspect My Ride three times in the past and they are incredibly meticulous and detailed. It is $130 per report but it has twice saved me from your exact situation. The Carfax was clean but they used a paint thickness gauge which indicated that some panels had been repainted, even though you couldn't tell at all from photos or in person. I was very pleased with their service.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM
mturo

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Also go to another infiniti dealer & get the cars service history,]
ya the ad which you can still find on the internet by searching the vin of the car said it had a good infiniti service history so im going to do that and see if it actually does.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
You bought a high end used car, its not sold "as is".
Car is to be free from any major mechanical defects & depending on what state you live in, law may vary slightly.
As far as the paint issue, obviously the car was hit.
It is illegal to sell a vehicle that has been in an accident without disclosing to the buyer 1st.
Now just explain you dont want a vehicle that has had major body repairs.
Also go to another infiniti dealer & get the cars service history,i suspect your selling dealer is shady to say the least. This will give a total picture,not just what you are being told.
Imo, before I wasted 5k repainting a car you just bought retail, consult an attorney.
Most dealerships know when they pull some crooked stuff they sometimes get over with no one the wiser.
Dont even mention the bird poo.
Cpo is expected to be fit, with no,mechanical issues.

not every used car is considered a CPO...
and preowned vehicles are SOLD AS IS....

unfortunately you read on the forums how some people add nitrous and crap to a leased car and mod it -- then put it back to stock
there are also people who get into accidents, fix it not through insurance and call it a day -- never shows up on the report

that is why some people just buy new and never preowned...

you sometimes can just be buying someone else's problems.

nothing you can do about it but just learn your lesson and move on
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 AM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Also does not necessarily mean it was it. Could have been vandalized, keyed etc. Not all paint jobs are because of accident. Take for example you wanting the hood painted, you left bird **** on your hood, it left a mark and now you want it repainted. how is that any different?There is no legal recourse here, someone had said that the dealership has to disclose if the vehicle was ever in an accident, in this case they have no clue why the bumper was repainted, we check car fax and title guard, if it turns up clean then to use no accident. Your situation is unfortunate, this work was I can almost guarantee done before it ever got to the dealership as MOST Infiniti dealerships will go through a certified Infiniti body shop to get the paint done. CPO does not cover a repaint, just mechanical and title. Out of curiosity too was this at an Infiniti dealership? Or one of those used car lots that offer "certified" cars
Old 10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by mturo
ya the ad which you can still find on the internet by searching the vin of the car said it had a good infiniti service history so im going to do that and see if it actually does.
I meant, go into another dealership.
Have an oil change done,once they have your vin# you can see for yourself.
This is also for other dealers to pull up service history.

Last used cpo I looked at was 6 yrs old, infiniti was going to give a 2 yr bumper to bumper Warranrty unlimited milage on cpo.

Thats a fact, usually cpo have low mileage.

Remember you signed a contract, BOTH parties accepted.

After you see the cars history, you will know how to proceed.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 10-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't consider this you getting taken advantage of, just you not doing your due diligence before buying a use vehicle.

Legal recourse? People screw up then want someone else to pay for their mistakes. Take responsibility for your own actions, man up.

As stated before, a car having paint work done does not mean it was in a wreck.........Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. You should have at least looked at the car in great detail before making the purchase, if not had it checked out by your own mechanic. Buying used is a crap shoot, but you can put the odds in your favor if you are smart about it. I bought a use G with 1,200 miles on it and made dang sure it was checked out by a mechanic.

My wife learned this all the hard way by buying our Jag while I was out of town working for 2 weeks. It has been a constant battle to keep that car on the road. I am sure it was in a wreck but my wife did not ask for a carfax on it nor let me or our mechanic look at it. 4 years later I am counting down till it is paid off next year.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
mturo

Ya I accept the fact the I made the mistake, I admit it is my fault hell I just turned 21 didn't really know better, lessons learned. Was my first car to buy on my own.Next time I won't let the sand thing happen for sure.

Last edited by mturo; 10-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: just got taken advantage of.