Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty about to expires (advantages to take before?) HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
ice_angels7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty about to expires (advantages to take before?) HELP

Hi guys!! well I have a 08 G37s, the car has 43xxx miles on it, The dealership replace the transmission at 42xxx miles, it was covered by the warranty. Thank God. I would like to know what services can I still get for free, or what service I must do before the warranty expires??? I have o problem at all with the engine, except that on the drives window when it rains it leaks some water, not much but it does. Can this be cover by warranty?? ANY advices please let me know so I can do them before the warranty expires. thank you.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Peyman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf? you had to change transmission at 42k???!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ice_angels7
Hi guys!! well I have a 08 G37s, the car has 43xxx miles on it, The dealership replace the transmission at 42xxx miles, it was covered by the warranty. Thank God. I would like to know what services can I still get for free, or what service I must do before the warranty expires??? I have o problem at all with the engine, except that on the drives window when it rains it leaks some water, not much but it does. Can this be cover by warranty?? ANY advices please let me know so I can do them before the warranty expires. thank you.
I am curious about this myself. What was wrong with your tranny?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wanna bring it in too for exhaust rattle, peeling steering wheel and dash popping. I'm curious about my transmission too. My 1-2 shift is way too lazy, acts like a manual with a worn out clutch.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

I had my sub-frame replaced twice. It was due to a leaking bushing that can't be replaced without replacing the entire sub-frame.

Dash was replaced for the edge coming out 2 years ago.

Door seal replaced due to water leaking in. But now my window doesn't go/stay up if I don't give it a little help becuase the seal is too tight now. I'll go back to get that resolved soon.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
randy0211

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I wanna bring it in too for exhaust rattle, peeling steering wheel and dash popping. I'm curious about my transmission too. My 1-2 shift is way too lazy, acts like a manual with a worn out clutch.
Where was the dash popping out?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM
biron

I had scratches on my steering wheel and had that replaced under warranty. Then i had my seat cover replaced due to bubbling and scratches. I also got that cup holder flapper replaced twice.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
yes what does "dash popping" mean? any pics of said damage?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
1NEETO

Dash peels from the instrument hater area and sometimes you can hear it "popping". Search it, it's all over this forum.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
1NEETO

Instrument cluster. Stupid phone. Also the mobile site should have an edit button.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM
ice_angels7

Well for those who asked about y the dealer change the transmission. The car was making a noise when is was in neutral (6 speed manual) and when I pressed the clutch the noise despaired, my mechanic told me it was the transmission and I searched about this problem and some people with the same problem, said it was the shaft bearing or input bearing, I wasnt sure but I know i was something like that. So I took it to the dealer and they told me IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION, n they had to order it and replaced it, it was covered by the warranty. THATS Y I HAVE A NEW TRANS.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Dough1397
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts
I am in a similar situation, warranty is up soon.

My Driver's side door window seal doesn't sit perfectly in the groove when closed (outer edge of the seal is warped inwards and it looks weird when you look at it closely, water not leaking yet, but I need to address this soon at the dealer).

My Instrument cluster is sticking out a bit on the top left edge (near brightness control buttons). I don't know if I want to ask them to fix this as I am always skeptical of their work/work ethic when doing warranty work.

Brake judder at highway speeds, I want this done but anticipate a long battle with the dealership to get it done.

My 6mt is sometimes hard to get into reverse (when cold I think?). Haven't read much about this, 1st is sometimes hard to get into too when first turned on in the cold (I let it idle for 20 seconds before moving). Also cold is defined as like ~7 ceclius (42F ish).

Need your advice on these things. Transmission one scares me the most, however it is under the longer power train warranty correct? The other issues are just a matter of dealing with the dealership which is a chore.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 PM
J.Nguyener

In more for warranty advantages!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
@Dough1397, what year is yours? coupe or sedan?

AFAIK, reverse doesn't have a syncro on most cars, so what I usually did on the last car was to shift it into 4th gear (or 3rd, since the gate on the G is set up differently than on my camaro), then it would slip right into reverse.

Your brake issue sounds like warped rotors.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ice_angels7
Well for those who asked about y the dealer change the transmission. The car was making a noise when is was in neutral (6 speed manual) and when I pressed the clutch the noise despaired, my mechanic told me it was the transmission and I searched about this problem and some people with the same problem, said it was the shaft bearing or input bearing, I wasnt sure but I know i was something like that. So I took it to the dealer and they told me IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION, n they had to order it and replaced it, it was covered by the warranty. THATS Y I HAVE A NEW TRANS.
Is there anyway you could upload the paperwork from this? I would love to take it into my dealer and show him.
Also anyone with paperwork on the seat bubbling?
These are the two things my dealership won't take care of for me.

Quick Reply: Warranty about to expires (advantages to take before?) HELP