Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty about to expires (advantages to take before?) HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:28 PM
superslick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ice_angels7
Well for those who asked about y the dealer change the transmission. The car was making a noise when is was in neutral (6 speed manual) and when I pressed the clutch the noise despaired, my mechanic told me it was the transmission and I searched about this problem and some people with the same problem, said it was the shaft bearing or input bearing, I wasnt sure but I know i was something like that. So I took it to the dealer and they told me IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION, n they had to order it and replaced it, it was covered by the warranty. THATS Y I HAVE A NEW TRANS.
Really? I've had a noise/clicking noise coming from the 6MT tranny ever since I've bought the car, including my previous 2 G's. I always thought it was normal unless the noise that you had was a lot louder.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
If no1 has mentioned it already, get a free new steering wheel if there s some peeling on your current one.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 AM
ice_angels7

@ breftayka......I'll try to upload the paperwork this way people will believe I have a NEW tranny @ 42xxx miles, it sounds ridiculous but it is true, good for me tho. @ superslick... try to find out if you have the same problem i did have, go to youtube and search for sumthing like transmission making noise or shaft bearing. and if u have the noise like the vids, then u problably need to replace sumthing in your tranny.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 AM
ice_angels7

soolman32.... my steering wheel is peeling off!!!! but I heard from other people in this forum, that they replace theirs but the dealer charged them around $1500. I will call them and ask, and if it is covered by warranty I'll change it. My warranty expires this december.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
@ breftayka......I'll try to upload the paperwork this way people will believe I have a NEW tranny @ 42xxx miles, it sounds ridiculous but it is true, good for me tho. @ superslick... try to find out if you have the same problem i did have, go to youtube and search for sumthing like transmission making noise or shaft bearing. and if u have the noise like the vids, then u problably need to replace sumthing in your tranny.
Thank you! I believe you. I know many people who have received new transmission and components, but I have had the same issue with mine since I purchased and the dealer calls it normal. I want to show that other people are having theirs replaced. The same with the seat issue. I even called consumer affairs and the guy basically lied to me and said my service manager claimed it was from my wallet... The consumer affairs guy then said my next step would be to take it up to BBB. WTF.

soolman32.... my steering wheel is peeling off!!!! but I heard from other people in this forum, that they replace theirs but the dealer charged them around $1500. I will call them and ask, and if it is covered by warranty I'll change it. My warranty expires this december.
$1500 WITH a new air bag. They should just use the old one.
I suggest taking the vehicle to them, and not calling other than to schedule a service. I always like to schedule a service when I want warranty parts ordered. Makes me sleep better at night. LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I hope I find a reason to get my tranny replaced before my warranty expires.

Here's what I've had done so far...

1) had 1 rear wheel (19" sport) replaced 2 days after delivery (found curb rash)
2) battery replaced (6 mos)
3) VVEL bank 2 regulator knocking noise (done X2)
4) windshield wiper arms replaced (rusting)
5) driver side window motor/regulator and switch (acting strange)
6) glove box door spring replaced (it snapped)
7) entire driver side interior door panel replaced (scratches)
8) 6 MT shifter trim/bezel, ash tray console replaced (scratches/peeling)

That's all I can remember for now....

I'll probably have my steering wheel bezel checked (peeling and scratches)

I also have the peeling dash around the instrument cluster area and dash popping issue, but I've read that some people who actually had them replaced had squeeking issues after.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:00 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
3) VVEL bank 2 regulator knocking noise (done X2)
What exactly was replaced in this repair?

Sounds like lots of surfaces start to peel after a while... My what year is your car?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just got this changed on my wifes car 2 days ago. free of charge
Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Dough1397
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
@Dough1397, what year is yours? coupe or sedan?

AFAIK, reverse doesn't have a syncro on most cars, so what I usually did on the last car was to shift it into 4th gear (or 3rd, since the gate on the G is set up differently than on my camaro), then it would slip right into reverse.

Your brake issue sounds like warped rotors.
2008 G37s coupe 6mt

I don't understand how that would help, any suggested readings?

There is a TSB out that describes the issue i Have with the brakes.

Also forgot to mention that my dead pedal is peeling.

Hopefully I can take it in this week with my complaints.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Dough1397, I don't recall where I read that originally, but remember having that issue early on in the late 90's shortly after getting my camaro. I think it has something to do with matching up input/output shaft speeds because there's no syncro on reverse. I suppose double clutching would achieve a similar result. Give it a shot and report back.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
ice_angels7

well guys,I'm just gonna take my G to the dealership and tell them all the small issues I have and see what they tell me. Hope i can get fixed all under warranty!!